|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its Simmons I think the pick is at least 50/50 traded based on the talent we have and their skill-sets.

I think if its Ingram it will be really really hard for Mitch to trade him because he fits with EVERYONE :pimp:

I wonder what Luke wants....

Last edited:
In my best case, everything is great scenario.. THAT HAS LIKE 0.1111% chance of happening.

I really would be super happy with Ingram & GP II.

Work out a contingency deal for Lou Williams. Find a playoff team with very little cap space. And trade Lou into the cap space for Future assets when we need them, i.e. 2018 / 2019. Anthony Brown included as well. Remember it's a contingency deal, the trigger gets pulled if we can land the next step.

Then with Lou Will & Anthony Brown gone, this is your team...

Russell / ??? / GPII / Huertas
Clarkson / ???
Ingram / ??? /
Randle / Nance Jr.
??? / ??? / Black

$69.395mil in cap space.

You go after KD for the $25.9mil
Whiteside - $21.6mil

You then have $21.895mil to convince Nic Batum to take a little under 4mil / year paycut for a title ready team now, with a BUNCH of room to grow.

Let the Whitside domino happen first. Then look at Kev, and say let's try together to get Nic Batum to come over with you, and add to Whiteside.

The roster end ups looking like

Russell / Clarkson / GPII / Huertas
Batum / Clarkson
KD / Ingram
Randle / Nance Jr.
Whiteside / ??? / Black

The only problem is Black would have to step up as a backup center or run a Russell - Batum - Ingram - KD - Randle lineup that could be some fun.

Last edited:
There is zero chance KD is leaving OKC after these playoffs.  Even if he does, he wouldn't leave Westbrook, Ibaka, and Adams for a bunch of second year players and rookies.  

There is zero chance KD is leaving OKC after these playoffs.  Even if he does, he wouldn't leave Westbrook, Ibaka, and Adams for a bunch of second year players and rookies.  

Likely.. Nothing is a zero percent chance though. We don't know what will happen between now and July 9th

But, he's still going to listen to offers.

But when you throw in Whiteside happening first... And try to sell him that hey we have a max for you, and $21.8mil for a guy of your choice.. I.e. Batum..

That team EVEN WITH Rookies & 2nd Year guys would be right there with what KD would have in OKC, and a much better long term outlook to win a title

Again, it's very very unlikely to happen. But that's how you have to sell it. Sign 1 guy first. Keep open a max for him, and a huge chunk of change for a 3rd guy

Last edited:
Likely..

But, he's still going to listen to offers.

But when you throw in Whiteside happening first... And try to sell him that hey we have a max for you, and $21.8mil for a guy of your choice.. I.e. Batum..

That team EVEN WITH Rookies & 2nd Year guys would be right there with what KD would have in OKC, and a much better long term outlook to win a title

NO

Currently KD has a top 5 player in the L, who he seems to gel with very well, Add in what Adams is becoming i don't see him leaving a team that is fighting for the finals for the next few years, to come to a team that won't be a contender for atleast another 3

NO

Currently KD has a top 5 player in the L, who he seems to gel with very well, Add in what Adams is becoming i don't see him leaving a team that is fighting for the finals for the next few years, to come to a team that won't be a contender for atleast another 3
Exactly.  People are underestimating how good Westbrook is.  Westbrook is a top 5 player.  None of the players the lakers have/can draft/can sign will be remotely close to that in the next 2 or 3 years.  KD coming here isn't happening.

Last edited:
Delusions of grandeur. We should just be happy we kept the pick that we surely were going to lose.

NO

KD + Batum + Whiteside...Then throw on top all of the other young guys...

Would not be contenders for another 3 years? :lol:

That team is right where OKC would be on Day 1.

Just Get out.

The Westbrook thing, that accounts for a lot. But if they get smoked in the next 4 games by GSW. You don't know whether that changes his mind, and he says... " I love Russ. I love OKC. But I can't get it done here. Maybe it's time I go somewhere else when I know I can be an X Factor." Rather than wait 6 years (1 +1, decline 2nd year, and sign a 5 year contract), and then have to hop on the back of someone else's train. Also, you don't even know if Russell wants to leave. It won't be very easy to get the necessary cap to sign KD & Russell for MAX deals outside of OKC, and field a good team around them in 2017.

Last edited:
It's why I've been saying, all along, DeRozan is the most likely target. Absolute FA (not restricted) and with LA ties. He's the one that fits, logically.

I'd love to bring him in with 2 other stars, but it's going to be difficult, may end up just bein him.

You guys will blame me, I'm just reading the landscape. Durant, Horford, maybe even Whiteside all could stay.

DD looks like the guy that might pack his backs and head our direction.

*shrugs*

i appreciate you reaching for the stars with KD, but it's best to assume that's not gunna happen.

It's more productive to look at how much are you willing to pay Ezeli/Barnes vs throwing the max at Whiteside and KD

i appreciate you reaching for the stars with KD, but it's best to assume that's not gunna happen.

It's more productive to look at how much are you willing to pay Ezeli/Barnes vs throwing the max at Whiteside and KD

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh I also said that it's unlikely.. But that's how you would need to get it done.

And how is it not productive to look at Whiteside for the max?

KD + Batum + Whiteside...Then throw on top all of the other young guys...

Would not be contenders for another 3 years?
laugh.gif

That team is right where OKC would be on Day 1.

Just Get out.

The Westbrook thing, that accounts for a lot. But if they get smoked in the next 4 games by GSW. You don't know whether that changes his mind, and he says... " I love Russ. I love OKC. But I can't get it done here. Maybe it's time I go somewhere else when I know I can be an X Factor." Rather than wait 6 years (1 +1, decline 2nd year, and sign a 5 year contract), and then have to hop on the back of someone else's train. Also, you don't even know if Russell wants to leave. It won't be very easy to get the necessary cap to sign KD & Russell for MAX deals outside of OKC, and field a good team around them in 2017.
Hasn't Batum said he wants to re-sign?  Why would he take a paycut?  

Wont the Heat have a bunch of cap space if Bosh retires?  Not getting my hopes up on the guy leaving the only team who took a chance on him and the only team who can give him a longer contract.

There is zero chance this happens.

It's why I've been saying, all along, DeRozan is the most likely target. Absolute FA (not restricted) and with LA ties. He's the one that fits, logically.

I'd love to bring him in with 2 other stars, but it's going to be difficult, may end up just bein him.

You guys will blame me, I'm just reading the landscape. Durant, Horford, maybe even Whiteside all could stay.

*shrugs*

No doubt, but I don't see Toronto letting DDR leave for nothing. Their GM is to good to let an asset walk for nothing. They'll probably offer the max to DDR so the lakers will have to offer the 25 mil max to get DDR... Idk man.

[
Wont the Heat have a bunch of cap space if Bosh retires?  Not getting my hopes up on the guy leaving the only team who took a chance on him and the only team who can give him a longer contract.

There is zero chance this happens.

No they do not. Not for 2016 they don't get cap space help.. Even if Bosh retires.

They have $39mil to sign Wade & Whiteside.. That's it

*shrugs*

Been telling you this all along and that's why it's a joke to want him here. There is no package deal you get with DD. Him being the sole guy at his max is a disaster waiting to happen.

Been telling you this all along and that's why it's a joke to want him here. There is no package deal you get with DD. Him being the sole guy at his max is a disaster waiting to happen.
I don't think it is too terrible if we can get someone like Whiteside or Horford.  Looking at a potential lineup of:

PG - Snitch

SG - DD

SF - Ingram

PF - Randle

C - Whiteside or Horford

Bench 

Lou

Clarkson

Nance

Black

Brown

Snitched on

fill in rest with vets

Not bad and definitely more reasonable.

I'm hyped that we are now rebuilding with alot of young talent that can grow together. All within the same age. Build a chemistry together, on and off the court (DLo keep his phone at the house). Team is gonna be young as hell next year. We need a smart veteran type of player to keep dudes in line and just be a mentor.

what's the timeline for the summer?

when is the draft and when does FA start? i'm so excited, i want to get this next season going already :lol:

*shrugs*

Not a disaster at all.

I want 3, but even 2 would be gravy.

DD + Batum
DD + Horford
DD + Whiteside
DD + Ezeli

Whatever, get DD + 1, with Ingram/32 and Luke Walton, that's a damn good offseason.

If it's just DD, yeah that isn't as great, but it's not crippling either.

Just need the extra piece, whoever it may be. (Noah, Ryan Anderson, Chandler Parsons, Biyombo, etc etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom