|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers' Jeanie Buss: Fiancé Phil Jackson not leaving Knicks
3:58 PM PT
Ian Begley
ESPN Staff Writer

Los Angeles Lakers co-owner Jeanie Buss says that Phil Jackson, her fiancé and the president of the Knicks, will not be leaving New York to rejoin the Lakers.

"No. To visit, yes ... but in terms of basketball, he's committed to New York for many years," Buss said Monday on ESPN Radio's Beadle and Shelburne Show. "He's building something there. He has a mission, he's on that journey to get the team back to where he believes it can be and it will be. He's a former Knick ... he loves New York, he loves the fans, he wants to make them proud.

"In terms of the Lakers, we have a front office. They're putting together a team ... they have a vision. I'm excited to see what the future holds for us. So, to answer your question ... no, there's no plans for Phil to come back here."

Jackson has three seasons remaining on his five-year deal with the Knicks. Speculation about Jackson's potential return to Los Angeles will likely continue because his contract contains an opt-out clause after the 2016-17 season, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard.

"He has a mission, he's on that journey to get the team back to where he believes it can be and it will be. ... no, there's no plans for Phil to come back here," Jeanie Buss, right, said of the possibility of Phil Jackson returning to the Lakers. Dominic DiSaia for ESPN
New York has won just 48 games over the past two seasons of Jackson's presidency, but Jackson and the Knicks hope to build a contender around rookie Kristaps Porzingis and veteran Carmelo Anthony. The club is expected to announce Jeff Hornacek as its next head coach some time this week. Hornacek will be the second head coach Jackson has hired (a total that doesn't include 2015-16 interim coach Kurt Rambis and 2013-14 head coach Mike Woodson, whom Jackson fired).

Buss also addressed her brother Jim Buss' public stance on stepping down if the Lakers aren't one of the top teams in the Western Conference in two to three seasons. The stance taken by Jim Buss, the Lakers' executive vice president of basketball operations, has fueled speculation that Jackson will leave New York for a management role with the Lakers some time in the near future.

"We talked about it as a family," Jeanie Buss said Monday of Jim Buss' stance. "My brother spoke about it publicly. It is something that I think he's very sincere in when he says that if he can't get this team to where we're competitive, being in the playoffs, second round, competing for the Western Conference final.

"He would feel that he isn't living up to the job that my father left to him, and he [Jim] made it clear if he couldn't do the job that he would step aside and make sure that somebody would come in and do that because that's how much he loves the Lakers. That's how much my family loves the Lakers."

1+1 just have to hope they don't win next season. We should be able to pull at least 1 of KD/Russ, **** maybe both.

CjkfZKsWgAAbRpU.jpg

After two years of hopelessness and unwatchable basketball, he’s excited about Luke Walton becoming Los Angeles’ new head coach. Clarkson happily ran around his house, yelling, when D’Angelo Russell first broke the news with a text message, perhaps a sign of the franchise’s upward trajectory.
:rofl:
Those flaws make pairing him beside D'Angelo Russell (another guard who's most comfortable with the ball in his hands and subpar defensively) for the foreseeable future feel like a questionable call. But Clarkson doesn't see it that way.

"We're both 6'5", long and able to put the ball on the ground. Score as well as pass. So we kind of want to make our own lane," he said. "When it comes to defense, there's a lot of team stuff that has to go on. Steph [Curry] is not the greatest defender in the world. But if we find the right pieces to put together with us, I think it will help us a lot. At the same time, I feel like we can grow in that area, for sure."

If it's the eventual solution to a problem that may never even bubble up in Walton's egalitarian offense, Clarkson has no problem coming off the bench so long as his minutes don't dwindle.
Already accepting his basketball destiny. :pimp:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-ready-for-the-biggest-offseason-of-his-life

After two years of hopelessness and unwatchable basketball, he’s excited about Luke Walton becoming Los Angeles’ new head coach. Clarkson happily ran around his house, yelling, when D’Angelo Russell first broke the news with a text message, perhaps a sign of the franchise’s upward trajectory.
:rofl:
Those flaws make pairing him beside D'Angelo Russell (another guard who's most comfortable with the ball in his hands and subpar defensively) for the foreseeable future feel like a questionable call. But Clarkson doesn't see it that way.

"We're both 6'5", long and able to put the ball on the ground. Score as well as pass. So we kind of want to make our own lane," he said. "When it comes to defense, there's a lot of team stuff that has to go on. Steph [Curry] is not the greatest defender in the world. But if we find the right pieces to put together with us, I think it will help us a lot. At the same time, I feel like we can grow in that area, for sure."

If it's the eventual solution to a problem that may never even bubble up in Walton's egalitarian offense, Clarkson has no problem coming off the bench so long as his minutes don't dwindle.
Already accepting his basketball destiny. :pimp:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-ready-for-the-biggest-offseason-of-his-life

:pimp:

Part of me thinks we should give some consideration to spending big on Center this offseason. Kind of pun intended.

Or at least look at that possibility.

Whiteside & Biyombo. Not one, both.

Whiteside isn't the lock I thought he'd be in January. BUT there's enough hoops to jump through for Miami that makes him obtainable.
Pay slightly above market value on Biyombo.

But at the same time, Biyombo may have an even higher offer to be a starter, which aborts the whole plan. NO THANKS to Ezeli.

And if you can pull both, be set for the next 8-9 years at Center. After 4 years of Whiteside, Biyombo will only be 28 in actual years, 48 in visual age.

Yes, it's a lot of money, but if you're moving Clarkson to the bench in 2017 as a 6th man (I think its a possibility with trading Lou Williams), and finally make the splash we want in FA in 2017 at either the 2 or 3.... Then you have a damn great bench, with a really good starting lineup. And if guys perform above expectations, maybe something in terms of trade bait for better talent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom