|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Bazemore.. Really do.. He's a good guy, and will provide some entertainment.

But there's not enough 3 & D in his game for me to be fully in on him. Couple that with he's so prone to baffling mistakes, that there's a law of diminishing returns on him at over 20 minutes.

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT on the other hand, could still afford Whiteside max, Biyombo money, Clarkson starting at $10.5mil and Bazemore at $12mil.

Unfortunately with that.. Even if you drop Lou Williams & Anthony Brown for cap space, and future picks, we'd be short of a 30% max in 2017.

I also wouldn't be upset if it's Whiteside & Bazemore. Paying Clarkson and 1 year deals on the final $10-12mil. And going into 2017 with around $45mil in space.

Biyombo & Bazemore.... I start to get a little worried about long term growth of those deals, especially if 2017 FA is a lemon.

Last edited:
I'll be fine work only going after Whiteside or Biyombo. Save the rest for 2017.

Either Biyombo or Whiteside already makes this off-season a success.
Im totally fine with just signing one of them and saving the rest of the cap for next summer.

That cap floor penalty, like P said, is not much of a penalty at all.
Dont spend if you dont have someone with a quality skill set to spend on.

Clarkson..

f73adb90-555c-11e5-9e8e-4dee687ab9dd_TeddyKGB_PAYTHATMANHISMONEY.gif

What would be the motivation for Whiteside or Biyombo alone to come to LA without another star?

Let's be real, nobody worth a damn is coming here unless it's a package deal with a star or two.

Last edited:
so theyre using the lamarcus aldridge approach

Well what else can you sell? The roster isn't ready to compete. Somebody has to be the first one to take that plunge. Not everybody wants to win a chip. Some want to get paid and have fun, Whiteside definitely fits that bill.

We already have our core in DLo, Clarkson, Ingram/Simmons, Randle, and a young coach to grow with. Any noteable free agent we sign at this point is just cherry on top and I wouldn't even be mad if we missed out on them this year. It took all of GSW's pieces to organically grow from within (Steph, Klay, Green, Barnes ) before any free agent (Iggy) signed with them.

The worst thing we can do rigth now is get impatient and trade these assets which I don't think will happen. Funny thing is Mitch and Jim are actually restoring my faith in them.

Since Dwight, almost everything has gone according to plan:

-Get Randle, buy JC in 2nd round
-Get DLo, Nance in late first
-Get Kobe a farewell tour, he goes out with a legendary performance
-Keep pick, get Ingram/Simmons
-Fire stopgap coach
-Hire young and exciting coach

Yes, I know they tried to give Melo and Aldridge the max, but they didn't take it so no harm no foul.

Last edited:
What are your guys thoughts on damian jones out of vandy? Was peepin his workouts and highlights. He looks very intriguing. Any chance he falls to 32??

And we really acting like Whiteside and biyombo are actually big superstars looking to only play with other superstars? Come on now lol

I agree. I don't think Whiteside or Mack need someone else to come with them to sign with us.

I could possibly see Biyombo leaving because he presumably will have Valuncianas playing in front of him.

There's no reason for Whiteside to leave Miami unless he knows LA plans on making moves.
1. Miami will be a better team and have an easier road to the finals.
2. He'll still end up with more money once you factor in taxes...
He won't be in movies and he isn't a high character guy... he ain't getting a mega shoe deal so I dunno what endorsements y'all talkin about

Maybe new spokesman for Cal Worthington? :lol:

Last edited:
But what makes you think a guy like Whiteside even cares like that about winning instead of the money?

Its not like he's a superstar in the twilight of his career desperate to win

He goes to who pays him the most and kisses his *** the most

Last edited:
I want Ingram over Simmons. Ingram's got that all business all basketball type of vibe. Purely from a personality standpoint- not fit or talent - Ingram seems like the kind of kid easier to root for than Simmons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom