|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody brought this up in the Lakers subreddit and I think its a good question (since there isn't much to talk about until draft time)

Would you rather have

Towns and no first round pick this draft

or

D'Lo and the number 2 pick (Ingram most likely) ?

Towns. He's going to be a monster down the road.

I'd trade D'LO, Clarkson and Randle for Towns right now. He's that special.

Last edited:
Leave me with Towns & Ingram, I'll take that and run and hide.

pretty fair trade on both sides.

Teague is a Free Agent after the season.

And with the culture around the Sixers and Teague being 28 in 2017. They'll have to pay him top dollar to stay because a team with space + some playoffs hopes can offer less and get his ear over Philly

Unless there's a hefty value in draft picks, Sixers not only traded the wrong guy, they got what could be very little for him

To me, right now, it's a bad trade for the purposes of long term growth, but I'll wait to see what else is attached to Teague.

Also they could have simply waited on what happens with Embiid before they traded Noel or Okafor or Saric

Last edited:
Ingram/Russell

One player gets you no where. 8th seed at best (see Anthony Davis, Pelicans)

Two players, who have the potential to be great, now gives you a better chance.

I guess with Towns you believe he's such a star that he'll attract FAs to come ball with him in LA

Ingram/Russell youre banking at least one meets their ceiling. And if both do its a home run. The attraction of FA is still present in this situation too albeit mayb not as strong if Towns is a top 3 player but still

Teague to philly is bad for us

I was hoping that they would pick Simmons bc they had no PG

Not really.

Even if Simmons is every bit the Point Forward he's projected, you should still have more than one guy who can handle the ball.

Keeping Simmons as the lone ball handler out there will really hurt him early on. You can key in on him, and put all your assignments on him to keep him further from the basket.

Also Teague isn't the type of guy you trade for and then say... Yeah we're set for good here.

Finally, they just cleared out someone in the glut of big men. Noel was an extremely special case as well. With Okafor, he was moved to PF. Although he is likely better as a Center due to lack of Offensive game. Now they have Okafor & Embiid (no way Embiid is a 30 mpg guy next year), and Dario Saric (who is still a project player). Ben Simmons still would get his minutes, and fit right in.

And now you have 2 ball handlers on that team.

From my perspective, I think it made Simmons more likely than had they stayed with Noel, Embiid, Okafor & Saric and didn't make a trade.

Last edited:
Not really.

Even if Simmons is every bit the Point Forward he's projected, you should still have more than one guy who can handle the ball.

Keeping Simmons as the lone ball handler out there will really hurt him early on. You can key in on him, and put all your assignments on him to keep him further from the basket.

Also Teague isn't the type of guy you trade for and then say... Yeah we're set for good here.

Finally, they just cleared out someone in the glut of big men. Noel was an extremely special case as well. With Okafor, he was moved to PF. Although he is likely better as a Center due to lack of Offensive game. Now they have Okafor & Embiid (no way Embiid is a 30 mpg guy next year), and Dario Saric (who is still a project player). Ben Simmons still would get his minutes, and fit right in.

And now you have 2 ball handlers on that team.

From my perspective, I think it made Simmons more likely than had they stayed with Noel, Embiid, Okafor & Saric and didn't make a trade.

Makes sense

Bruh I have to hear how long its been on the daily at work from lebby followers ..get back for dominating the 80s and 2000's..smh

Man, Ifor the sixers took old *** Teague for Noel we probably could have gotten him for clarkson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom