|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what about noah :nerd:

I voted for Noah in the poll..

tumblr_m724dcyIIl1qd1dbso1_400.gif

my man had pants :smokin

Reasons why Batum is a great fit... Even at the $26.4mil max deal.

1. Passing ability...

Among Forwards he ranked 4th in assists with 5.8 (Behind Dray 7.4, Lebron 6.8, Tyreke Evans 6.4)

4th of Free Throw Assists among Forwards

5th in Secondary Assists aka A Hockey Assist (1.0... Leader was Draymond with 1.5)

4th in Potential Assists (10.9.. Draymond was 13.3, LeBron 13.2, Evans 12.9)

In 2014-15 he was 6th in Assists for forward, 6th in Secondary Assists & 6th in Potential Assists
2013-14 was 4th in Assists, Secondary & Potential Assists for forwards

Russell, Ingram, Batum.... With Clarkson & Randle who have some ability as passers even if they hog it could allow for a lot of ball movement in multiple lineups if Walton can teach a system based on ball movement. I'll give Clarkson & Randle some benefit of the doubt for their sticking of the ball with Byron's system which was very little player and ball movement

2. We will have him 28-32 season... Presumably have 3 years of his prime of his career. He's also not an athletic player, so his decline may be lessened when he hits 30

3. 36% 3 point shooter career. Has slipped the last 2 seasons, but a lineup that stretches the court, and goes uptempo with a lot of passing will benefit him as a passer, and as a shooter.

4. Has played in 91% of the games in the last 6 years... Most he missed was 12 games in a season

5. Has some position flexibility to go down to a 2.

6. He's all over the court.. Which may benefit in Walton's system.

Player Tracking has him at 2.51 miles per game (6th in the league)

7. A $26.4mil deal is worth $22.48 in 2016-2017 based on the 2015-16 cap
The $27.588mil on the second year is worth $17-18mil on the 2017-18 cap based on 2015-16 cap

Last edited:
You want a meeting.... Then you go out and you handle your business on July 1st & 2nd, and make him take notice... And make him want to consider LA.

Other than that, you gotta just take the loss.. Get your guys for the season, improve the team, and come back to it in 2017

Last edited:
We've already been linked to Batum & Conley.... Along with Whiteside.

And the newest Nick Young gossip has to make it even less likely they keep him past the July 31 contract stretch deadline

But nobody wants nick young. He's gonna be here unless the lakers release him.

How this guy get an Adidas contract anyways?

Whiteside and Batum come on!

Just for fun... I think Whiteside is a 50/50.. And Batum is very slim (I think it's smoke)

But just for fun... By Sunday night, Mitch and Jim have to make quick moves. Gives you 3 days, and coincides with the end of Durant's timeline for meetings
1. Sign Whiteside for a max.. $22mil first year.... Guarantee him everything... All the billboards, all the marketing $$$.. All of it.
2. Stretch Nick Young, and save $3.2mil each for the next 2 seasons

3. You come to a flexible agreement with Batum anywhere between $22-26.4mil depending on if you can find a 3rd guy.
4. You dump Lou Williams $7mil + 2017 2nd Rounder for a 1st Round Pick Top 20 Protected

All of a sudden, you have $27mil in open cap space...

Russell / Batum / ??? / Randle / Whiteside
Clarkson / Ingram / Nance Jr.
Huertas / A. Brown / Black
Zubac

All of a sudden that becomes an attractive team to a guy who didn't give us a meeting.

And if it's still a no, you give Batum $26.4mil... Sign a SF & Backup Center for 1 year / $13mil each.

Roll into 2017 with at least 4 starters, 3 good bench players, and $42mil in cap space

Last edited:
we ain't getting no one and we will sign vets to 1yr deals again....just waiting on how the lakers showed whiteside how it's fun to be a laker in the 80s and 90s

I'd rather see the young guys (Ingram, D-Lo, Randle) start and let them grow, groom Clarkson as a 6th man and sign a C/SG. Batum doesn't make us that much better, we have young talent with high ceilings and I don't want to see their growth hindered by 2nd/3rd tier guys that make us a 5-8 seed at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom