|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ain't got nothing to do with free agency, just not a fan of the guy is all. I don't usually respond to him anymore and I'll go back to doing that now.

Ain't got nothing to do with free agency, just not a fan of the guy is all. I don't usually respond to him anymore and I'll go back to doing that now.

I didn't know you didn't get down with E. He too damn nice man, I can't ever stay mad at him, always polite and ****. :lol:

I'm an *** hole, easy to be and stay mad at me, but he always talks too civil to be mad at.

Not that anyone's coming, but thanks to the Mozgov contract and structure of Clarkson contract, the Lakers can only offer one max next summer.

Had they re-signed Clarkson which was a given, and is a really good deal.

And thrown on top, just signed Jerryd Bayless (just because I know his contract number), Let's substitute Harkless at 3y / $27mil instead. We'd be out of 2- max deals without making any other moves

Only way they would have stayed in a 2 max territory is re-signed Clarkson, and done nothing else, at all. And when the team was 24-58, they'd look at 2 max cap slots that would translate to nothing.

Realistically if all we sign is Harkless and Mozgov, how many wins do you see this team getting next year?  I'm guessing 25.

Just woke up. Still pissed. Still doesn't make any sense, at least we didn't sign Turner...yet. This could have all been avoided if they had just taken Jah last year and waited for the crop of 2017 PGs in the meantime just have Clarkson play PG like he did his rookie year.

Still No.

Let's look at that list

Dennis Shroeder (restricted, and 76ers have already played their hand on him. As did Hawks by trading Teague
Trey Burke :lol:
Michael Carter Williams :lol:
Jrue Holliday
Patty Mills
Darren Collison (29 years old)
Jeff Teague (29 years old)
SHaun Livingston
Jose Calderon
George Hill (31 years old)
Steph Curry :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Derrick Rose :rofl:
Russell Westbrook

Yeah we should have drafted Jahlil Okafor because it would have put us in a better position :rofl: Man if you don't get out

Not meant to be a shot at you. What made you flip your opinion on Russell? Last year day of the draft you said the Lakers made the biggest mistake and I remember going back and forth with you about how Dlo is an amazing pick.

Most people wouldn't admit to being wrong initially (wrong is a matter of opinion in this case of course).

Realistically if all we sign is Harkless and Mozgov, how many wins do you see this team getting next year?  I'm guessing 25.

22-25 sounds about right, should be bad enough to stay in the bottom 3.

I'm not sure why everyone is laughing at the Evan Turner deal.  We just signed a 30 year old with knee issues to $1M a year less.

And on top of that, we had genuine interest in signing the guy.

Last edited:
Not meant to be a shot at you. What made you flip your opinion on Russell? Last year day of the draft you said the Lakers made the biggest mistake and I remember going back and forth with you about how Dlo is an amazing pick.

Most people wouldn't admit to being wrong initially (wrong is a matter of opinion in this case of course).

The actual play of the NBA. He's a sieve on defense. Amazing offensive post player, in my eyes at the time, he was the most NBA ready guy in the draft. Simply because he'd already have a commanding knowledge of what he needed to offensively. Thought KAT was clear # 1 due to long term ceiling was 100x higher than Okafor's. Most NBA ready now, hence why he was my original choice at # 2, to try and get early results hoping it would translate into quick Free Agency interest. But it was clear that for whatever points he scored, he was going to give them back on defense.

Had he been an average defender entering the NBA, I think that distinction becomes tougher of Okafor to Russell.. But you're hoping that Okafor can sniff average defense. And unlike PG where an mediocre defender can get hidden, you can kill a mediocre defensive big, especially one who is not flight of foot.

Throw in giving Russell a more closer look in the weeks after the draft. I thought there was some flash in the pan stardom to him at first. Delved deeper, and saw a lot of intangibles that made perfect sense

Last edited:

I'm not sure why everyone is laughing at the Evan Turner deal.  We just signed a 30 year old with knee issues to $1M a year less.

And on top of that, we had genuine interest in signing the guy.
bet moz makes more 3s than turner this year

From my dentist friend, this explains a lot:

"What r we doing? I saw a TW sports thing on the draft and Jim buss has fake teeth! I think all dentures or implants he's on crack/meth for sure"

Even as the raw numbers go up if you compare relative to 15 they're still players getting overpaid.

Mosgov 16 is essentially 11 under the old cap which is 2x what he made last season at 5 coming off the season he had.

Turner at 17.5 is essentially 12.5 which is over 3x what he made last year at about 3.5.

Noah even at 17 a year with NY is essentialy at the same deal he was with Chicago 13.4 maybe even slightly less.

Same with Parsons. So yes they're are still overpays even in this new NBA economy relative to what player you're getting.

Last edited:

bet moz makes more 3s than turner this year
Moz scored 15 points during the entire playoffs last year.  Turner almost averaged that.
world champ moz

put some respek

wink.gif

Last edited:
I've cooled down a bit with the Mozgov signing. Been doing my research in him. There still isn't much of a positive spin you could put on this. Horrible timing and decision making. Out of all the options he was your first....that still irks me. Oh well.
I do like his game tho. His game is far from Hibberts he's more mobile & athletic. He isn't expected to create offense for himself which is good, and he holds his own on defense.
Still the money is off. I don't know how he's getting paid more than JC lmao. But it's what the market calls for. At least the 4th year a team option. But ugh...

Speaking of which that was a great job they did with JC contract. You didn't want to impose the Arenas provision with him. Got him at a veeeeery reasonable price especially compared to the money getting thrown around so far.

I'm just waiting on what's next...plz don't do anything else stupid

Hey I'm already on team tank 2017. Midas whale get it started. You know since we actually aren't making moves to improve the team.

Hey I'm already on team tank 2017. Midas whale get it started. You know since we actually aren't making moves to improve the team.
Hey **** you, mozgov will get us at least 1 or 2 more wins

insert sarcasm here

Last edited:
Trust me bro I'm just as pissed about the Mozgov deal. I wouldn't say they aren't making moves to improve the team, just not drastic moves so far as we like. But it is only day 1.
Just gotta realize that this is gonna have to be done organically at least that what it seems is gonna have to happen. We are gonna have to invest into our own players and hope they turn into gold.

Okc had to do it
GS had to do it
SA originally did it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom