|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Ingram, L.A. Lakers: C-

The night after an impressive debut, Ingram didn't nearly have the same impact in his second game. He didn't make his first basket until hitting a jumper with just under six minutes left in the fourth quarter and finished 3-of-12, one of those makes a jumper with his foot on the 3-point line.

Ingram's ability to push the ball on defensive rebounds remained valuable, but the Philadelphia 76ers had Jerami Grant pick him up full court to expose Ingram's need to improve his handle under pressure.
Larry Nance Jr., L.A. Lakers: A

Nance had one of the craziest stat lines you'll ever see in any basketball game: 13 points, eight rebounds, seven steals, four assists and four blocks.

According to Basketball-Reference.com, Hakeem Olajuwon and Gerald Wallace are the two players to match or exceed each of those numbers (in a regular-season NBA game) since 1983-84.

While the Lakers-heavy crowd at Thomas & Mack loved all of it, a pair of powerful Nance dunks drew the loudest chants of "Larry! Larry!" (an NBA Summer League tradition at this point) and even "MVP!" Nance's game was marred only by his five turnovers.
D'Angelo Russell, L.A. Lakers: B

After making the winning shot, Russell told the ESPN2 audience, "I played like (expletive)" in the first half. That's true -- Russell was 2-of-9 from the field with five turnovers before halftime. But all was forgiven after his late heroics.

The winning 3 was one of three Russell made in the second half, all of them off the dribble. That ability to pull up off the pick-and-roll may ultimately force defenses to trap Russell and put themselves in a bad spot defensively, along the lines of players like Stephen Curry and Damian Lillard.

Alas, Russell will have to put in more effort to stay in front of his man defensively. He was victimized by many of McConnell's drives.

Last edited:
Can't get over how enjoyable it is having Nance on this squad.

His activity levels are OFF THE CHARTS.
Dude increasing his range on offense just makes him even more of a threat.

Really excited to see him continue to grow and excel. :smokin

Don;'t get why Randle isn't taking part in the Summer League with these guys. He definitely isn't above it or anything and he could use the work.

Don;'t get why Randle isn't taking part in the Summer League with these guys. He definitely isn't above it or anything and he could use the work.

He's done it 2 years already man.
Same as Jordan.

No need for either of them to risk injury. At this point they need to excel in regular season games and that's what they should be focused on.

still couldnt hurt tho.

he knows he should be there thats why he got all defensive when that reporter talked about his morning work out

remember Randle responding to that tweet earlier this week

He has his own workout regimen going on right now. Plus he is playing with USA select team so this would have cut into his workout regimen.  Aint like hes vacationing or something - I can live with that.

I appreciate the highlight clips guys. What do you think of Auguste? He's looking like he could be a solid bench guy.

I appreciate the highlight clips guys. What do you think of Auguste? He's looking like he could be a solid bench guy.

I've been saying it ever since we picked him up for the SL roster. I really hope he finds a spot on the team, if not, keep him with the D-Fenders.

Anyone else notice Larry Nance falling down after he was hugging D'Lo after the game winner? :lol:

Last edited:
I said it from jump that Zach was a great pickup... We gotta sign him. Got to. Him with nance and julius grabbing boards and being able to push the rock is unique and we need that...

Dlo is NOT a point guard... He's james harden. Which will be fine with him paired with Jordy b/c both can slide off the ball. But Dlo has to be in score first mode. He plays terrible and over thinks when he's in PG mode.

That deny signing is looking even better b/c we have to buy a few months maybe even a season to get B.I...G's weight up. Grant really muscled him out of game today but the kid came back strong when we needed him.

Nance Jr.... tear the rim down young man. But his game has improved sooooooo much over the past year. His ability to space the floor and leap gives up a different dynamic at the 4 from Julius

Zubac got yammed on but he shook it off. Got a block and knocked down two big shots when we were really struggling to get the ball in the hoop

Jody
Julius
Dlo
Nance
B.I...G
Mozzy
Deng
Lou
Jose
Zubac
Marcelo
Tarik
Gotta sign Zach man GOTTA

This, "We should play Russell off the ball" is somewhat infuriating.

1. He has excellent vision. He can find players in ways that few can. He still misses reads, but more often than not, he sees what's going on, on the court. There's also still an adjustment period between him and guys he's passing it to. When you don't have the ball, and a passer makes a great read and finds you, but you weren't expecting it, it becomes a crap shoot in terms of finishing. A decent number of D'Angelo turnovers are passes that hit unready hands.

2. When it comes to the vision, guys with great vision will also force the ball. Russell will force the ball, and on occasion be too careless with it. You take that bad, with the general good he brings. Each turnover is a learning process, and testing the waters of what works, and what doesn't. Trial and error on passing lanes, and the right moment to hit a guy. Whether or not he can split the defenders with a pass.

3. He is tremendous in the P&R. Not just in simple pick into the pocket pass on the roll man, which is seemingly always a perfect pass. But when he gets going toward the basket on P&R, he's making passes in the upper echelon.

4. If you're telling me that he works best when he's score mode, and he's a really good scorer with the ability to pass the ball.. Then you put the ball in his hand. You let him dictate the offense. And that is what a PG does. A PG dictates the offense.

He also scores better when he creates for himself, not the other way around.

If you all of a sudden make him into a now catch & shoot guy off the wing, you'll see a huge dip in his aggressiveness.

Last edited:
Just got done watching game vs sixers. [emoji]128563[/emoji] Dog. Regular season game as far as I saw. I'm very happy how Lj Turing out. Son is so ill on the defense end and so much freakin energy. D'Lo showed out tonight. Really showed some leadership moments. I hope that game winner only boosts his confidence more and not let it go to his head still being young. Ingram was ghost tonight. Hopefully just experiencing fatigue which they'll work out of him in training. I'm happy with their progress. I trust Luke sky Walton.

Told ya'll boys D'Angelo is the future of this franchise

We damn near dont need to bring in any star players at this point just let the young boys evolve

One thing surprising to me is that Dlo gets his passes deflected a lot and throws a lot passes off target (behind someone or too low etc)

I expect his passes to always be on the money since he's supposedly a great passer

Last edited:
Russ is a lot like Kobe in terms of being a PG. He'll alternate between being a passing savant and being a flat out dumbass. Being at the past two games it's easier to see when he misses some REALLY basic reads and post entry passes. Also just getting stripped or being extra careless. He's still learning the position tho.

Told ya'll boys D'Angelo is the future of this franchise

We damn near dont need to bring in any star players at this point just let the young boys evolve

This!!!

I've been saying it ever since we picked him up for the SL roster. I really hope he finds a spot on the team, if not, keep him with the D-Fenders.

Anyone else notice Larry Nance falling down after he was hugging D'Lo after the game winner? :lol:
yes!!! Nance falling had me dying. The different camera angles show him sliding abit :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom