LOCK. GO TO OFFSEASON THREAD.

This is obviously after the Harden deal was already done. But shows that they are willing to spend the money to get a championship team.

No. Its easy for me to say when our front office has repeatedly said they would do whatever it takes to turn this franchise into a winner. Then they turn down a trade that would make the team better because of money? Thats not doing whatever it takes.
If you could find me a quote saying that, please show me. I never read or heard them say that. I do remember something along the lines that they didn't want to go over the luxury tax.

DP, you are my boy and all....but if you havent heard our front office make these claims since new ownership bought this team, you havent been paying attention. Lacob has REPEATEDLY said since he bought the team that he is all about winning, and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Didn't see the game. Were we good on defense or did the Knicks just not show up?
Both, but moreso the Warriors were locking up. Closing out on every three, grabbing every board available and a ton of ball pressure from Steph and Harrison

Gotta get that win on Wednesday vs DET, I hope we don't play down to the level of a much inferior opponent like we do sometimes :smh:

Couple of articles..

Raptors Expected To Pursue Carl Landry
Mar 12, 2013 12:24 PM EDT

The Toronto Raptors are expected to pursue Carl Landry this offseason if he opts out of his contract with the Golden State Warriors, according to a source.

The Raptors will seek a veteran power forward this summer.

Amir Johnson has had a breakout season for Toronto at the power forward position and are also looking for a resolution to the Andrea Bargnani situation.

D'Antoni Wanted Knicks To Re-Sign Lee, Not Pursue Stoudemire In 2010
Mar 11, 2013 11:52 PM EDT

Mike D'Antoni wanted the New York Knicks to re-sign David Lee instead of pursuing Amar'e Stoudemire in the free agent summer of 2010, according to a report.

The Knicks ultimately signed Stoudemire to a lucrative five-year contract that offseason -- uninsured despite his knee issues -- as Lee signed with the Golden State Warriors.

Stoudemire will miss the next six weeks because of debridement in his right knee.

And a third:

David Lee: You Can't Have It Both Ways On Stats
Mar 12, 2013 1:27 PM EDT

David Lee's defense has always been a topic of derision, with some users on RealGM's forums calling him _avid Lee.

Lee's defense was also the subject of a paper at the Sloan conference on interior defense by Kirk Goldsberry that was called 'The Dwight Effect'.

Goldsberry showed tape of several particularly egregious defensive possessions by Lee, which drew laughs from the audience.

“At this point I could care less," said Lee when asked about the paper. "I’ve worked hard to improve my defense. I think I’m a much better defensive player today than I was a year ago and definitely to start my career. There’s a lot of different numbers to support a lot of different things. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say me putting up 20 and 10 doesn’t matter because ‘numbers don’t matter,’ but at the same time, ‘charts at MIT matter.’ You can’t have it both ways.”

Last edited:
Landry gonna be gone if he goes where the money goes... not gonna be mad if he does...

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how Myers does this offseason. All the writers were saying that Kenyon Martin was a more valuable 4 in the offseason and he went out and got Landry. Who knows, maybe Landry likes it here and stays.

at least d'antoni got it right for wanting lee over amar'e.

he balked on howard and preferred chandler as well. 

ironically he has to now coach howard. 

My dad's friend is renting out his mansion to Landry. He told him he'd buy the place if he gets a long-term deal. Sweet crib.

Back
Top Bottom