LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Professor YKK

I see Harbaugh leaving for the NFL before he goes to any other college job.
THIS

and most people around harbaugh have said he wants a NFL job. if your michigan why bring in a HC who may leave in a year or so?

Harbaugh is a Michigan guy. It's not like Michigan is a low end school, If he goes to Michigan he's not leaving.
%%!% harbaugh.  He tried to throw his own school under the bus w/ the whole they lower academic standards for athletes comment.  I'd take sheriff Lane over JH.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Oregon State will ruin both Boise St. and TCU's dreams of competing for a National Championship
pimp.gif
  Rodgers brothers are going to do work
i can't co-sign to this homie.  with this game being a hop, skip and jump down the free way at Jerry's World, it's practically a home game for TCU.  i really can't see OSU pulling off any upset there.  and my sources over at Boise St. say that the football team planned to make pelts out of the beavs and wear them around during the cold winter months.  it's looking like OSU will be 1-2 by the start of october.    

on the bright side, they'll still have a chance at winning the pac10.

^ Yeah, he signed.

But will still play football this fall.
smh.gif

Looks like John Brown didn't qualify for UT

And JaJuan Story got arrested for battery. But I think he was breaking up a fight.

If he stays after this season I think he loses something like 85% of his signing bonus from Colorado. I think they rally around him down there.

Really shocking to me that Zach Lee chose the Dodgers over LSU.

Originally Posted by Proshares

If he stays after this season I think he loses something like 85% of his signing bonus from Colorado. I think they rally around him down there.

dude had 5 million reasons to bounce 

LeMay is gonna homeschool and not play football this fall. Should still enroll at UGA in January...

Sidebar: Mike, I got the PM on the FF league. I'll register tomorrow when I get back from vacation.

laugh.gif
John Brown

Dude didnt qualify out of Juco

and then these fools tellin me he was gonna qualify over the summer at UT.
what!
the *@@+* needed 24 credit hours of passsing grades.

What Nerd geek type dude do u know who takes 24 hrs over the summer session? ... I'll wait. exactly, None. so how they expect a dude with a Learning disability to pass 24 hrs in 2 months when he couldnt accumalate 60 credit hours over 2 yrs time

ASF is supposedly goin hard in recruiting Black Mamba to come up to UDub with him. that would be an incredible turn.

Dre, The folks in Alabama say Coker might be de-committing from FSU, If true it explains Jimbo still recruiting Brissette.

Even heard Jimbo has been calling Worley

1st I'm hearing of that. He just recently said that he passed on a chance to attend a UA camp that Saban invited him too. I'll check tho.

And Jimbo never stopped recruiting Brisset, even after Coker committed.

Bracy is stupid fast.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Wasn't ever gonna see a college football field... That's why Texas, A&M, and Tech never wasted their time...

Oregon State will ruin both Boise St. and TCU's dreams of competing for a National Championship
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Nah bro.

You coming to the game?

Vols bought out their UNC contract last nite.

Said the 2011 schedule was too brutal for a raggedy %#+ team, tried to push it back a cple yurs but UNC didnt budge and took the paper.

Im scared of TCU this yr, in a bad way. every yr I expect them to show up, they blow it. last yr, I didnt expect much after they loss those RBS and they played HUGE.

this yr, I expect a few problems on Defense wthout Hughes and I think they lost 5 starters... we'll see.

Kerley is back and thats my guy ! *thumbs Up*

laugh.gif
At the way these coaches are set up to succeed. Memo to Brian Kelly:  Notre Dame will continue to give you the Weiss treatment your entire career - as few road games in loud climates as humanly possible.
eyes.gif

2010 Notre Dame football schedule

Irish vs. Purdue
Irish vs. Michigan
Irish @ Michigan State
Irish vs. Stanford
Irish @ Boston College
Irish vs. Pittsburgh
Irish vs. Western Michigan
Irish vs. Navy
Irish vs. Tulsa
Irish vs. Utah
Irish vs. Army
Irish @ USC

bilde
Doran Grant, a five-star corner prospect, recently pared down a list of suitors that had eclipsed 30, and plans to make further cuts in the coming weeks. (Sam Webb/Special to The Detroit News)

Life as one of the nation's most heavily pursued football recruits is about to get a little less hectic for Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary's standout Doran Grant. The five-star corner prospect recently pared down a list of suitors that had eclipsed 30, and plans to make further cuts in the coming weeks.

"I've narrowed it down to a top ten of Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Cincinnati, USC, UCLA, Penn State and one other school that escapes me right now," Grant told Scout.com.

By early September that list will become even more manageable when he chops it in half.

"I want to get my recruitment to a point that is easy to concentrate on, and I can give more attention to those five," he said.

Advertisement

Ohio State, Michigan State, and Michigan are likely members of that yet-to-be-named quintet. The Big Ten brethren previously sat atop Grant's leader board in the listed order until he began keeping his leanings closer to the vest. Despite that more reserved public stance, many recruiting pundits still consider Ohio State the team to beat. The Buckeyes are again flexing their recruiting muscle, already having racked up 17 verbal commitments in what is Scout.com's No. 2 class in country. The 5-foot-10, 175-pounder is in no hurry to end his recruitment, and the Bucks have assured him his timetable won't pose a problem.

"They're keeping me (high on their priority list)," Grant said. "They're basically saying they are going to keep recruiting me to the end. They are not going to stop."

Grant's father, Ted Jones, has noticed the attraction between his son and the Buckeyes and has made it a point to stress the importance of thinking long and hard before settling on a school.

"It's probably closeness," Jones said regarding the Buckeyes' primary appeal to his son. "That's the only thing I could think of, if anything. I told him, 'Don't let that be the only reason why you go to that school -- just because it is close. Go to a school that you want to go to. Go to a school that is going to treat you well and give you some playing time -- where you can go and grow as a student and get your education because you got to have that. That is the (most important) thing when you are going to school.'"

Jones' advice comes from his own experience as a talented football recruit. He, too, was courted out of high school and was a standout receiver at Michigan State from 1979-1982.

"When I went to Michigan State they were the triple crown," Jones boasted. "It was Magic Johnson, Kirk Gibson, and all the rest of them. I was blessed to get there. As I sucked it in and started going throughout my years, I felt that that was a nice place for me to be. I always took my family up there all the time -- every year to watch games and stuff. It is almost like another home."

Dad's strong Spartans sentiment has often been conveyed to his son, in a not so subtle way.

"He always talks about, 'Spartan Green, Spartan White, Green & White all night' -- stuff like that," Grant said. "It's 'Go Green' all the time."

While Jones' personal preference for his son's collegiate home might be obvious, he is very clear about how much influence his gentle nudges should have.

"At this point none," Jones said. "I'm telling him like my mother told me when I was being recruited, 'I do not have to go to school. I do not have to play no ball.' He's the one that has got to do this, so you got to make sure that this is where you want to go and it is what you want to do."

It's that fatherly perspective that allowed Jones to muster up the strength to accompany his son on a visit to Michigan back in April. A man that normally bristles at the thought of the Maize & Blue temporarily put those feelings aside for his son's benefit.

"To me, it was fun and phony," Jones said, laughing. "I had fun and it was phony. I can't suck it up the way he sucked it up. It was a whole different vision."

"It is a good vibe (at Michigan)," Grant later added. "I'll probably say that they are going to get an official visit. I'll say that now. Michigan is going to get one, hands-down."

Needless to say, that comfort is equal if not greater with Ohio State and Michigan State. With those schools likely receiving visits as well, the real intrigue in Grant's recruitment surrounds his last two visit destinations. If dad has his way, the defending national champs will make an appearance on the itinerary.

"I would like him to visit Alabama," Jones said. "I know Bobby Williams. Bobby Williams was the coach at Michigan State, plus I played against Bobby Williams when he was at Purdue. So I know Bobby Williams and I know their offensive line coach Joe Pendry. He was my offensive coordinator. I know a couple of people down there."

Whether Jones is effective in convincing his son to add the Crimson Tide to the mix remains to be seen. At moment Georgia Tech and North Carolina look to have the inside track. Ultimately all of the non-Midwest contenders will have to overcome a recruiting hurdle that only recently manifested itself. Being closer to home is now appears to have great significance.

"At first (distance was not a factor) at all, but after I came home from that 15-day (visit) tour (earlier this summer), it's gonna matter," Grant told Scout.com. "So that will play a role."

Relationship with his coaches, a chance for early playing time, and a winning program will also weigh heavily in the final analysis. For both father and son, getting an accurate feel for those qualities in each school is more important than having his recruitment reach a quick conclusion.

Said Jones, "Right now since there are so many people who want them to come to his school, I told him to, 'Relax, take your time and have fun with it. Do not jump into it. Just relax and have some fun with this.'"

For his part, Grant plans to heed his father's advice.

"I'll make my decision probably a week or so after my senior season," he said.

laugh.gif
one other school that escapes him.

I got $ that says Miami Hurricanes magically appear in his top 3 by October.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
Nah bro.

You coming to the game?

I wish, but unemployment is a @*#$%.  They have a package that includes tickets, transportation to the stadium and plane tickets along with a private tour of the stadium and a party for like $500 out of Portland.  If I got a job today though I would book that $++%, but right now it is a no go.  Good chance I will go to the Boise St. game though.  I think it will be a close game, Oregon State pulling out the victory by a slight margin in the end.  It will really depend though on the new sophomore QB Ryan Katz, dude has a good arm but idk if he will be able to stay calm enough especially in that environment.

Back
Top Bottom