LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

We
have the best coach in the country in Chris Petersen
Calm down, he is a good coach, but in my opinion, I would take Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops, Mack Brown, and Gary Patterson over Petersen.

laugh.gif
@ mentioning Meyer and Stoops but not Saban.

1a. Saban
1b. Brown

2. Meyer

Mack Brown?

Without VInce winning him a title he'd easily be the most overated coach in the game.

Best coaches

Meyer & Saban are on the same level at the top.

give me Jim Grobe over anyone else on any coaching list.

Tennessee OLB LaMarcus Thompson taken to UT hospital during the Vols evening practice tonight.
smh.gif
cant be serious

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

Both VT and Boise St. are gonna wear new Pro Combat uniforms on Labor Day.

There was a lot of confusion with people thinking that we were just hearing about the new standard uniforms for this year, but the unis for Boise are apparently a separate design altogether (confirmed by the standard uniform info guy on VT messageboards
laugh.gif
).

I had heard that we were getting Pro Combat Uni's for the year, people were speculating that they would be debuted for the Oregon State game though. It seems like NIKE would want to split that up for more exposure but who knows
ohwell.gif

The other schools getting them are: Alabama, Boise State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.
It's odd because I know at least for us, our standard unis this year are the throwbacks, but they are made with the new Pro Combat materials. I'd honestly rather debut our standard unis on Labor Day and save the Pro Combats for Miami or something.

Boise's new unis last year were some of my favorite. They looked very modern and unique compared to what most other schools wear; I would have taken that exact same design but in our colors if they offered it. They would have been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in white with maroon and orange trim and detailing.

That would be dope!!
smokin.gif

Hokie Nation.
Seems like we got a lot more Vtech fans than BSU fans (me being the only one) - I feel like a friendly wager is in order, perhaps the loser replaces his sig with a predetermined sig of support for the winning time, huh, huh.....?

Bill Snyder's got Bob Stoops soul because I promise OU ain't been the same since Ell Roberson and Darren Sproles walked them off the field in 03. Going on 7 years. And OU has considerably more talent now than they did earlier in the decade.

Mack Brown didn't get it until he started hiring big time assistants to do the dirty work. Kinda like a Bobby Bowden, "Yeah I got on the headset but I ain't really doing no coaching, talk to Muschamp."

In the butt. That is where Michigan just took it.

Floyd is ready, but not to be a #1. There are very few WRs that scare me in the BigTen thank God. Going to need the DL to play crazy good this year without Troy. I really haven't invested a ton of time into the message boards and I am really not taking anything the "insiders" are reporting as serious. This, however, is a biggie. Troy is good, really good. Losing him, is major. My feeling on RR at Michigan just got really bad. He really hasn't caught a break.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Oregon State will ruin both Boise St. and TCU's dreams of competing for a National Championship
pimp.gif
  Rodgers brothers are going to do work

indifferent.gif
Nah bro.

You coming to the game?
I wish, but unemployment is a @*#$%.  They have a package that includes tickets, transportation to the stadium and plane tickets along with a private tour of the stadium and a party for like $500 out of Portland.  If I got a job today though I would book that $++%, but right now it is a no go.  Good chance I will go to the Boise St. game though.  I think it will be a close game, Oregon State pulling out the victory by a slight margin in the end.  It will really depend though on the new sophomore QB Ryan Katz, dude has a good arm but idk if he will be able to stay calm enough especially in that environment.
Boise State will beat Oregon St. backhandedly.

BSU does not lose at home
pimp.gif

Come to think of it BSU rarely loses ever.

Thats like bragging about being the tallest ******, who cares about beating cup cake teams year in and year out?
Oh how I wish Boise would have played Florida somehow last year in a bowl, that fiesta bowl proved nothing and was the most boring game.  Even ESPN (who hypes Boise more than anything) said it was.

Too bad they weren't invited to the pac10, that would have been very interesting 
pimp.gif

Boise and TCU got done dirty with those bowl selections.

Truth is the BCS didn't want to risk Boise or TCU taking on Florida and possibly winning (not that I think either would have.)

Originally Posted by Size 15 Please

Both VT and Boise St. are gonna wear new Pro Combat uniforms on Labor Day.

There was a lot of confusion with people thinking that we were just hearing about the new standard uniforms for this year, but the unis for Boise are apparently a separate design altogether (confirmed by the standard uniform info guy on VT messageboards
laugh.gif
).

I had heard that we were getting Pro Combat Uni's for the year, people were speculating that they would be debuted for the Oregon State game though. It seems like NIKE would want to split that up for more exposure but who knows
ohwell.gif

The other schools getting them are: Alabama, Boise State, Florida, Miami (Fla.), Ohio State, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, TCU, Virginia Tech and West Virginia.
It's odd because I know at least for us, our standard unis this year are the throwbacks, but they are made with the new Pro Combat materials. I'd honestly rather debut our standard unis on Labor Day and save the Pro Combats for Miami or something.

Boise's new unis last year were some of my favorite. They looked very modern and unique compared to what most other schools wear; I would have taken that exact same design but in our colors if they offered it. They would have been
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
in white with maroon and orange trim and detailing.

That would be dope!!
smokin.gif

Hokie Nation.
Seems like we got a lot more Vtech fans than BSU fans (me being the only one) - I feel like a friendly wager is in order, perhaps the loser replaces his sig with a predetermined sig of support for the winning time, huh, huh.....?
We have like 4 VT fans on here tops
laugh.gif
Me, VaBigPoppa, some dude with the Fresh Prince in his avy, and apparently Size 15 Please. You do seem to be the only Boise fan though.

I'm gonna have to back off on that bet, only because I'm a %$%#! and I have terrible luck so every time I bet on one of my teams I get doubly @$#%$*
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Plus I wouldn't have room for that epic quote about Nazr Mohamed
roll.gif

Some shady biz
smh.gif

The most serious charge leveled by McNair was of post-hearing misconduct by the NCAA. According to the appeal, the committee [COI] had ex parte communications with the enforcement staff by sharing a draft of the committee's infractions report in order to correct "factual errors." NCAA bylaws 32.8.8 and 32.8.8.1 prohibit such ex parte communication.

"That kind of communication is strictly forbidden," former committee chairman Tom Yeager said. "The committee has so many attorneys on it that would raise all kinds of red flags; they just wouldn't go down that way. In my years on the committee, the conversation with any NCAA (staff) is almost exclusively with the committee's own staff people. They just don't talk to the enforcement staff.

"What normally happens, is that the (enforcement) staff does not know the contents of the report. They just don't."

NCAA bylaws state that when the enforcement staff is contacted to assist the committee, all parties will be able to respond to the information. No such notification or response occurred in USC's case according to McNair's appeal.

[h1]Sources: BYU mulling Notre Dame path[/h1]

By Andy Katz
ESPN.com
Archive

Rival Utah's move to the Pac-10 has given BYU the impetus to seriously explore the possibility of leaving the Mountain West, going independent in football and re-joining the WAC in all other sports, multiple sources told ESPN.com Tuesday.

BYU, according to sources, was stunned that an invitation didn't come its way as the Pac-10 first invited the Big 12's Colorado and then turned to Utah to become the Pac-12 earlier this summer. The Big 12, which lost Nebraska to the Big Ten as well, decided to stay with 10 members for 2012 and beyond after Texas decided to stay put instead of going to the Pac-10.

According to sources, BYU wants to differentiate itself from Utah, and by making itself the Notre Dame of the West, it could become a national power. Notre Dame is a football independent and in the Big East for all other sports.

BYU and Notre Dame do share some characteristics, as both are religiously affiliated universities (Notre Dame with the Catholic Church and BYU with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and both schools have television affiliations (BYU owns its own network, while Notre Dame has a network deal with NBC). As a result, BYU is seeking an agreement similar to that of Notre Dame, which is granted a Bowl Championship Series bid if it is in the top eight of the final BCS standings.

According to multiple sources, BYU would have to get a gauge from the BCS if it could get access similar to that of Notre Dame -- should it meet certain criteria -- and further explore the financial feasibility of such a move.

In departing the Mountain West, BYU would be leaving a conference it helped found in 1998 along with seven other schools from the WAC. Despite having once turned its back on the WAC, multiple sources say the conference would welcome back the high-profile Cougars' non-football sports to join a league that is striving to remain relevant.

WAC commissioner Karl Benson said earlier this summer that the league "would give consideration to" taking back BYU in all other sports were the Cougars to go independent.

The current WAC membership includes Fresno State, Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada and BYU's in-state rival Utah State. If BYU were to leave the MWC, then Fresno State and/or Nevada would certainly be possible options for the MWC if it decided to replace the Cougars.

BYU has discussed going independent in all sports for years as evident by local columns in Utah in 2007. But at that time, the option of being a football independent included also being an independent in all other sports where scheduling is much more difficult. That's not the case in this instance where BYU's other sports would be protected, especially in men's basketball -- a program which would have a favorable path to an NCAA tournament berth through the WAC.

According to sources, having all other sports, notably men's basketball assured of a home in the WAC where it has been comfortable and is in its region, would soften any transitional period.

But if BYU can't be assured a seat at the BCS table, the Cougars won't make the move, leaving anxious schools in the WAC and the MWC still waiting to see what its fate may be in the coming months or year.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Boise State will never be part of the Pac 10.
Nope... And TCU will never get dragged along with Texas, A&M, and Tech anywhere either.

TCU's only hope of joining those is if the Big XII Redux actually sticks.. It won't, and they may not ever get invited anyways, but that's their only hope.

College Football is going to have a whole new look in 3-4 years. BYU going independent would be huge

Originally Posted by agold1002

troy wilfork is out for the year most likely....michigans secondary is already a concern
smh.gif
smh.gif

mad.gif

First JT...Now Troy. Now we're going to have to start a Freshmen most likely
frown.gif

Why in the hell would byu expect a PAC-10 offer?

And what's shady about that USC story? The spin you clowns keep trying to put on things is funny

Does Wilderbeast want to play O or D on the next level?

He'd be a fool not to focus on D...

And my 8-5 expectations for the Wolverines are out the window now that Woolfolk is out for the season. 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

He was the biggest leader on the team this off-season and our defensive backfield will now probably be the worst I've ever seen in AA (the depth is atrocious
sick.gif
). 

Cullen Christian is gonna have to have a Marlin Jackson-like freshman year.

Wilder is gonna be on O starting out, wherever he goes.

As for his soph-senior years, who knows.....

Maybe he can be like Sergio Kindle

Back
Top Bottom