LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

When do they come for Butch?

Right now.

Butch is gonna get canned.

Carolina getting this academic rap is not gonna fly on the hill. Heads will roll IMO.

But
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ 7/11 starters possibly/being off the team.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

But
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
@ 7/11 starters possibly/being off the team.
sick.gif
sick.gif
If true, my boy Matt Merletti is prolly gonna start now.
pimp.gif

Too bad their team/program is ruined, though.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Daaaaamnn. Sucks for UNC fans, but that's why you either have to play by the rules or don't get caught slippin
laugh.gif
Lots of people speculating/hearing that Butch and Blake are gone.

Only FOUR starters on D cleared though? Cot damn!

I'd chalked that Nov. game against the Heels as a very likely loss during that rough part of our schedule, might not be such a tough game after all
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im been friends with butch's son for a few years now...
one of my most memorable moments was playing tackle knee football in his office while a super bowl trophy was sitting on the bookshelf
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That CBS story is BS.

Sources have witnessed them at practice today. If they were kicked off the team news would have broke at the presser.

Only time will tell what happens. I expect to hear something by monday (pure speculation) because we have to start game planning for LSU.

Marquise Williams is thinking of taking more visits now, VT included. Would be a huge get for us even though he didn't choose us initially.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

wassup with the USC scrimmage tonite?

and Vols have 18 true freshmen in the two deep depth chart. GONNA BE A LONNNNGGGGG season
per wearesc...

Jesse Scoggins was cleared by the NCAA today, just before the Trojans took the field.

Matt Barkley completed 15 of 24 passes for 255 yards, 3 TDs and 2 Ints.

Brice Butler hauled in a terrific touchdown pass, going over 3 defenders.

Overall, kind of a lackluster performance for the 1st and 2nd units, who beat the scout team 30-7.

Kiffin on tonight's scrimmage..

Spoiler [+]
Kiffin opening comments:
It was good to get our guys in here, treat it like a game as much as we could. Bussed them over, in the locker room, I thought our coaches did a really good job with all the meetings in the locker room and making it a game-like situation in intensity and focus. We just wanted to make sure our guys understood how we were, having not been around us for a game. I think it was valuable that way.

I was surprised that the other team played as well as they did today. There were some good players over there with Thearon (Collier) and Dillon Baxter. They did a good job. So, that’s good on that part, but it’s not good on the other side. I would have expected it to be more lopsided. It’s apparent, as we all know, that we have a lot of work to do anyway before we play a week from now. We’ll go back to work. I’m very upset with turning the ball over twice. I wouldn’t expect to turn it over twice and get no turnovers on the other side. Hitting the quarterback, you would hope would help our defense. When you hit the quarterback, that usually creates some turnovers. We have a lot of work to do.

Kiffin on whether he is concerned with the offense:
I am. At the same time, I have to remember we’re putting them in a difficult situation where they can’t break a tackle. We don’t do any tackling, so there’s no extra yards on that. We’re not letting them cut up front, which is what our run game relies on. I have to make sure I take all that into account in my disappointment in production. At the same time, we threw some really good balls and guys made some really good plays in the passing game. It’s just so hard to judge the running game when we’re not tackling.

Kiffin on whether he is worried about the freshmen receivers: (Both of Barkley's interceptions were on targets to freshmen wideouts - Woods and Ambles)

That’s why it was really good to be in a situation like this: the most game-like, even though we weren’t getting hit. We saw that, the first interception, Robert (Woods) was a little bit off in his route – a look that he hadn’t seen exactly and that’s what happens to young guys sometimes. The second one, the guy made a great play. I don’t think it was Markeith’s fault.

That’s always going to be a concern of ours. If you are going to live by that philosophy of playing young guys, you have to have an expectation, unfortunately, that they are going to make mistakes. They are going to make mistakes in the first couple of games, all of them always do. The philosophy we live by is that it’s going to happen, and we’re going to get it out of them right now, so they can help us win down the stretch, as opposed to waiting until someone gets hurt in week four or week five, in the middle of conference play, and throwing a guy out there for the first time in a critical game.

Kiffin on the emotions of his team for the first game:
I think there will be a sense of relief to finally get to the game. It is in Hawaii, which is another obstacle if you’re trying to keep them focused on finally getting to a game and we’re in a vacation destination. I think the actual first kickoff will be a relief, but then there are going to be a ton of questions. The head coach has questions about his team, so I’m sure people watching – “How are we going to play in our new systems?

Ealey is sitting in an Athens jail right now for a hit-and-run of a parked vehicle and no license.

Knucklehead...

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

USC just announced a home and home with Texas:  2017-18
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 everybody wants it with TEXAS.  now if only we can schedule some good SEC team.....excluding arkansas, i said good team.  

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

USC just announced a home and home with Texas:  2017-18
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 everybody wants it with TEXAS.  now if only we can schedule some good SEC team.....excluding arkansas, i said good team. 
I read something a while back that recommended that UT and TAMU start a series with Arkansas and LSU, alternating games each year. I think that would be pretty awesome...play the Arkansas games in Arlington at Cowboys Stadium, and the LSU games in Houston at Reliant.

it happened at 3 am. he had to be on something or riding with something because if he's clean, the worst they can hit you with is the suspended license joint which they already hit him for.

couldve made up some bs excuse & the judge wouldve let him go easy money

Dwight Dasher suspended for getting $$$, which he subsequently lost playing poker.

MTSU is appealing.

If all things are true, The LSU Vs UNC game is going to be a complete fail. LSU is going to murder them Heels
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom