LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

^ Oh Okay thanks for the info. Yeah DJ Morgan would be best fit to RS this season. Along with Hall. Morgan will be able to see the field much often next season with CJ gone & Bradford gone.

Btw, I was playing NCAA 11' last night & got me thinking...It seem Gable been at USC for ages
roll.gif

For the other three VT fans on here, here's a link to a write up from our last full scrimmage today:

http://hamptonroads.com/blogs/kyle-tucker

Lots of positive buzz (it was closed to the public). It was 1st team O and D vs the 2nd team O and D, so the stats are inflated obviously. But in the past our O hasn't even done well against our 2nd string D.

Tyrod was 16-17 for 319 yds and 3 TDs. The one incompletion was an intentional throwaway. Sure it was against our 2nd teamers, but he's never even been that accurate no matter who he's throwing against, so it's a good sign.

David Wilson had 11 carries for 61 yds to lead all rushers. Not official yet but he's definitely going to play.

Our first team D allowed only 101 yds and 6 points. Both field goals were on drives that started inside the 50. Our first team seems to be running pretty smoothly even though we have some new guys stepping into starting spots. Our depth is spotty at Lb and in the secondary though.

Also, starting LT Nick Becton is still down with a turf toe injury, Andrew Lanier will start in his place against Boise. Lanier has been the most improved O-lineman this year but he's wiry (6'5 280). He's good enough to get it done against a lot of good teams, but Boise's DE's are top notch. I saw where Boise's RT is out as well and they will be starting a frosh who's only like 255-260, any truth to that? That RT is an important spot since Moore is a lefty. Will be interesting to see which backup blindside tackle does the best job filling in; that could be a huge factor in who wins.

EDIT:

Pro Combat Blackout unis that we're wearing against Boise:

UNI.jpg

I think they'll look pretty sick in pads; I wouldn't buy one myself though. Old fogies on TSL are going nuts @ wearing all black
laugh.gif
One guy even said he gave away his tickets because our jerseys were ugly
smh.gif
smh.gif

Kerry Neal beat out Brian Smith & Steve Filer for an outside spot in the 3-4.

Brian Kelly 'hinted' that Cierre Wood could start at tail back.

I'm not gonna have cable at my new place for a couple of weeks. anyone know if i'm gonna be able to stream the games anywhere?

I'm not gonna have cable at my new place for a couple of weeks. anyone know if i'm gonna be able to stream the games anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom