LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm not gonna have cable at my new place for a couple of weeks. anyone know if i'm gonna be able to stream the games anywhere?
I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding any links.  I'll hit you with the PM before game time.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT
They going to play this in the stadium this year.  I was
roll.gif
when they played the "Eric Berry" song before the UGA game last year. Then the game started and I was
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by JUS3

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm not gonna have cable at my new place for a couple of weeks. anyone know if i'm gonna be able to stream the games anywhere?
I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding any links.  I'll hit you with the PM before game time.

appreciate it man. my building gives us free wifi so if i can stream games i might not even bother getting cable this year.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by DLo13

Georgia Southern is being added too.

2012 OOC will be Buffalo, @Louisville, Georgia Southern, Georgia Tech.

images

Championshiiip..

laugh.gif
 Yeah that's a pretty weak OOC.   I wonder who in the SEC West we got that year.. Whatever though it's all about THIS year.. 

Any of you hear about the new book about Miami?

New book to allege violations made by University of Miami football

Five months ago, UM's website called Nevin Shapiro ``an ardent, devoted, intense supporter.'' A student lounge
was named in his honor.
Now, facing years in prison for allegedly running a Ponzi scheme, Shapiro is writing a book about the UM football
program in which he alleges former Canes players committed NCAA violations, said his attorney, Maria Elena
Perez. Perez said Shapiro told the federal government about the violations, which are alleged to be major, but it
did not investigate because ``that's not their area.''

Shapiro, who lived in a posh Miami Beach home before his April arrest, said from a New Jersey jail that he will
not detail the allegations until the book is published; he's aiming for December. He wrote a first draft and will
seek a publisher. The title: The Real U: 2001 to 2010. Inside the Eye of the Hurricane.
UM's website said Shapiro, who had a suite at games, contributed $150,000 to the athletic program; prosecutors
allege he used ``stolen funds'' for that. Shapiro said he donated $300,000 to UM, and that $130,000 was returned
to the bankruptcy trustee.
Shapiro has said he was close with Jon Beason, Devin Hester, Antrel Rolle, Randy Phillips, Robert Marve, Kyle
Wright and others when they played at UM, plus former UM assistant coach/recruiting coordinator Clint Hurtt, now
at Louisville.

``This will be a tell-all book from a fan and booster perspective,'' said Shapiro, who did not attend UM. But why
write a book that will hurt UM?
``I want to make the average fan aware of what really exists under that uniform,'' he said. ``They might be great
players, but they're certainly not great people. I'm speaking of no less than 100 former players.''
Shapiro, 41, is angry because ``once the players became pros, they turned their back on me. It made me feel like
a used friend.'' He was motivated by ``heartbreak and disappointment on behalf of the university, which I
considered to be an extended part of my family.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

And the TCU jerseys, but I wish there was more purple involved.
There is some purple on the shoulder area and stuff, but I agree. I wish there was more purple

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

I like your jerseys Trelvis, where did you get the pic. We are supposed to be getting pro combats and was wondering if there might be pics out there.

On a side note, I'm pulling for you guys against OSU, show these AQ fools that we can not only hang but handle them. Like we have done to OSU and UofO as a matter of fact recently
smokin.gif

I havent seen any pics of the Boise State ones yet. They are supposed to unveil all of them on Wednesday. They will have a live video feed on facebook. I found the picture of ours on a TCU message board.

http://www.facebook.com/e...3705856674693&ref=mf

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

USC just announced a home and home with Texas:  2017-18
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 everybody wants it with TEXAS.  now if only we can schedule some good SEC team.....excluding arkansas, i said good team.  

I know it's a couple of pages back, but finally caught it.  I think Texas is trying to increase their National Profile.  They don't even have to try to recruit Texas, all those kids flock to them.  Also, the Big XII* Conference is in bad shape, borderline falling apart so I'm sure that is leading Texas to schedule one tough OOC game.  They have Ohio State, UCLA (D1-AA), Cal and SC.  Ohio State aside, they should've just joined the Pac 10...er 12
laugh.gif

We don't mind scheduling anybody, Pete has been calling out LSU since 2004 with no luck, Lane called out Tennessee for the Chick Fil A Kickoff game with no luck (UT is understandably booked).  Then again, why would anybody want to play us?  SC has gone in to the South and MidWest and killed seasons before they even started.  Plus the Texas series, along with playing aTm will help our profile in Texas from 2015-2018.

%$!* that book. i hope someone put money on that $%!+@#! head

laugh.gif

Honestly, would anyone be surprised if Miami was committing violations?
These are MAJOR though.

Ironically it happened while Paul Dee was the AD at Miami.  Dee is the chair of the COI.  SC boards are loving it right now.  Right now Paul Dee, the COI and the NCAA are public enemy #1.

These are MAJOR though.

You have any ideas as to how big the ramifications can be? Like USC level stuff?

I'm just curious to see names come out now.

These are MAJOR though.

You have any ideas as to how big the ramifications can be? Like USC level stuff?

I'm just curious to see names come out now.

We wont really know until the book is published.  Some names already came out.  If it involves several players and money, ramifications will be worse than SC.  They will get slapped with the repeat offender, lack of institutional control and all the other crap we got.

NCAA already set a precedent by taking the word of a convicted felon, so Mr. Shapiro cannot be dismissed.

It is definitely interesting, so we'll see, the NCAA does tend to work in mysterious (*cough* biased *cought*) ways.

Thats why its the SEC we have earned our best conference title and can choose who we play. Also i know a lot of it probably has to do with how far it is geographically. I know thats why there aren't any SEC PAC10 bowl match ups.

Yeah I figured it was about money going to players after reading that little excerpt. But damn, over 100 kids!
eek.gif
The number just hit me. Miami's done for.

It game week fellas, the long dog days of summer is bout over and college football is in the air. I love this time of year.

ROLL TIDE!!!

My buddy plays for San Jose State, safety...mostly special teams tho

He says the entire team is nervous after the damn kicker started running his mouth about you guys lmao

LOL...yea i heard about that but i haven't heard anyone brought it up since he said it, but i won't put it pass the local media to bring it back up.

OT but old Sparty QB and dope head Jeff Smoker was a waiter at my cousins wedding this weekend. Made me happy to see that. Dude looked like a bum.

sorry if this was discussed already and i missed it.  afterh0urs/ironman what's the story behind this?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]USC suspends DB Patrick Hall[/h2]

By Pedro Moura
Special to ESPNLosAngeles.com
Archive

LOS ANGELES -- USC freshman defensive back Patrick Hall has been suspended from the team indefinitely for unspecified reasons, coach Lane Kiffin announced Sunday.

Hall was informed of the decision Saturday, just five days before the Trojans' 2010 season opener in Hawaii.

"We have a team of 99 percent of the guys right now that are fully committed to being a championship student-athlete on the field and off the field," Kiffin said. "We didn't feel like Patrick was doing that."

[h4]More On USC[/h4]
30.gif

For the latest news on all things USC, check out the Trojans blog. Blog

Hall, who was not at practice Sunday, was not immediately available for comment.

Hall, a product of Southern California prep powerhouse St. Bonaventure of Ventura, signed with the Trojans as a member of the 2009 recruiting class but tore knee ligaments during his first practice with the team and was deemed out for the season.

He then failed to qualify academically for the fall semester and was sent home to Oxnard, Calif., where he rehabbed the injury on his own. In January, he re-enrolled at USC, qualified and began taking classes but was still not cleared to practice with the team.

Hall had been with the team throughout 2010 fall camp, but his practice participation was limited in scope. Kiffin listed him on the injury report with the same knee injury as recently as Saturday.

Asked to clarify what Hall had done to warrant suspension, Kiffin was vague.

"Just really a combination of everything," he said. "We take everything into account, we look at everything. This was not one major incident by any means. This is not something that you can go and find that he did something really wrong over the last week or anything to do with the law at all.

"This is a combination of everything coming together -- meeting with him and not feeling like he's got the same goals as the rest of our players do."

Hall, 6 feet, 190 pounds, was a five-star recruit as an athlete in high school, earning a variety of All-American honors and leading St. Bonaventure to a California Division III state title. His cousin, Keary Colbert, is a former USC receiver now working as a tight ends graduate assistant for the Trojans.

Said Kiffin: "Patrick may have a chance to come back some day but not until he changes his focus to being a championship student-athlete here at USC like the rest of our kids are doing."

Originally Posted by Newbs24

OT but old Sparty QB and dope head Jeff Smoker was a waiter at my cousins wedding this weekend. Made me happy to see that. Dude looked like a bum.

"And fetch me another banana cognac biatch!"
roll.gif

In other news, Dee Hart isn't taking an official for the UConn game. Something about paperwork, so he's taking an unofficial to Auburn.

Yeah I figured it was about money going to players after reading that little excerpt. But damn, over 100 kids!
eek.gif
The number just hit me. Miami's done for.

If ESPN isn't running with that story that should tell you how credible it is.

The guy was a huge UM fan, and rich UM booster who was trying to get in good with Miami players so he could be their agent. Uncle Luke even wrote an article about how this guy was trying to use him and his contacts with players to start an agency. When UM and the players didn't want anything to do with him he got butthurt and stop supporting the team.

Now all of a sudden that he got busted for this Ponzi scheme he's writing this book to payback people he ripped off... come on son....

Game week.
pimp.gif

Latest UNC rumor for those interested is that we will go into the LSU game without Greg Little, Marvin Austin, Kendric Burney, and Charles Brown. Some fear KB and CB will be out for the season while the others will receive a few games suspension.

Losing KB will hurt because he's real good against the run. LeCount Fantroy is the next guy on the depth chart who is a JR and has been around the program for a while. I'm not too sure what he brings to the table though. KB is reportedly fighting and denying his alleged use of the tutor though, so we'll see what happens there.

As for the other CB spot, it's going to hurt to lose Charles Brown b/c he has shown a knack for creating turnovers/making plays, but Mywan Jackson will probably get his snaps and he is a player, just inexperienced.

Back
Top Bottom