LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

No mention of Brandon Harris in the CB spot Herbie?

and
laugh.gif
@ OSU having a better band than FAMU. But I know who made the list so okay.

It bothers me to see Big Will Campbell so low on the depth chart...
smh.gif

And GUNNA, you gonna make a new "Season" thread or are we gonna just roll with this one?
nerd.gif

Big Will will get it. Kid is a much better player on Saturdays than he is during the week. He needs it to even out tho.

Pumped to see MRob and Carvin out there. Heard they both love to hit and hope they take out some Huskies.

Just so there may be no need to worry, last year's Herbie's......

ON THE WAY UP
1) LSU went 9-4
2) Notre Dame went 6-6
3) Clemson went 9-5
4) UCLA went 7-6
5) Arkansas went 8-5
6) Michigan went 5-7
Total: 44-33 (.571)

ON THE WAY DOWN
1) Missouri went 8-5
2) Cincy went 12-1
3) UCONN went 8-5
4) Northwestern went 8-5
5) Boston College went 8-5
6) Texas Tech went 9-4
Total: 53-25 (.679)

Mmm hmm...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

QB — 7 Matt Barkley (6-2, 220, So.)
16 Mitch Mustain (6-2, 200, Sr.*)
15 Jesse Scroggins (6-3, 205, Fr.)

indifferent.gif

Also, had no idea Marc Tyler still played football.  How did he end #1 on the depth chart.

so the crybaby wouldnt leave USC. brandford should have the job by week 3.
You still sound mad that he snubbed daddy's school. 
laugh.gif

"Crybaby"?

He thought about transferring, he didn't, pops told him to stick it out.  He's been having a good camp, the thing with Tyler was that he was always injured, and out of shape.  Bradford, once healthy, will get the bulk of the carries unless Tyler tears it up against Hawaii.

Frost - It only seems that way since Tyler has been in the spotlight since his Oaks Christian days, running w/ Jimmy.  

Herbie stays picking UCLA to do something
laugh.gif

This week's list of national TV games and announcers behind the spoiler...

Mayock is doing Notre Dame games now? If he kept it as honest as he does on NFLN, it could be comedy. He's a BC guy, too...but something tells me that the NBC execs have instructed him to get on his knees next to Hammond.
eyes.gif

Spoiler [+]
Southern Mississippi @ South Carolina (ESPN 7:30 Thu) - Rece Davis, Craig James, Jesse Palmer, Jenn Brown
Minnesota @ Middle Tennessee (ESPNU 7:30) - Anish Shroff, Jay Walker
Marshall @ Iowa State (BTN 8:00) - Eric Collins, Chris Martin, Charissa Thompson
Towson @ Indiana (BTN 8:00) - Matt Devlin, Derek Rackley, Stacey Paetz
Pittsburgh @ Utah (VS 8:30) - Joe Beninati, Kelly Stouffer, Lindsay Soto
USC @ Hawaii (ESPN 11:00) - Mark Jones, Bob Davie, Robert Smith

Arizona @ Toledo (ESPN 8:00 Fri) - Joe Tessitore, Rod Gilmore

Miami (OH) @ Florida (ESPN 12:00) - Dave Pasch, Bob Griese, Chris Spielman, Quint Kessenich
Western Michigan @ Michigan State (ESPN2 12:00) - Bob Wischusen, Brian Griese
Samford @ Florida State (ESPNU 12:00) - Rob Stone, David Pollack
Youngstown State @ Penn State (BTN 12:00) - Eric Collins, Chris Martin, Charissa Thompson
Eastern Illinois @ Iowa (BTN 12:00) - Tom Hart, Anthony Herron, Lisa Byington
Louisiana-Lafayette @ Georgia (SEC 12:00) - Dave Neal, Andre Ware, Cara Capuano
Illinois v. Missouri (FSN 12:30) - Joel Meyers, Dave Lapham, Jim Knox
Colorado v. Colorado State (MTN 2:00) - James Bates, Todd Christensen, Roger Bailey
Purdue @ Notre Dame (NBC 3:30) - Tom Hammond, Mike Mayock, Alex Flanagan
Connecticut @ Michigan (ABC/ESPN2 3:30) - Sean McDonough, Matt Millen, Heather Cox
UCLA @ Kansas State (ABC/ESPN2 3:30) - Carter Blackburn, Brock Huard, Mike Bellotti
Kentucky @ Louisville (ABC 3:30) - Dave Lamont, JC Pearson
Texas v. Rice (ESPN 3:30) - Ron Franklin, Ed Cunningham
North Texas @ Clemson (ESPNU 3:30) - Pam Ward, Danny Kanell
Washington State @ Oklahoma State (FSN 7:00) - Bill Land, Joel Klatt, Emily Jones
Memphis @ Mississippi State (ESPNU 7:00) - Clay Matvick, Herm Edwards
Washington @ BYU (CBSCS 7:00) - Dave Ryan, Aaron Taylor, Brooke Olzendam
Arkansas State @ Auburn (SEC 7:00) - Bob Rathbun, Tim Couch, Jenn Hildreth
TCU v. Oregon State (ESPN 7:45) - Brad Nessler, Todd Blackledge, Holly Rowe
North Carolina v. LSU (ABC 8:00) - Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, Erin Andrews
Cincinnati @ Fresno State (ESPN2 10:00) - Beth Mowins, Trent Dilfer
Wisconsin @ UNLV (VS 11:00) - Joe Beninati, Kelly Stouffer, Lindsay Soto

Tulsa @ East Carolina (ESPN2 2:00 Sun) - Mike Gleason, John Congemi
SMU @ Texas Tech (ESPN 3:30) - Mark Jones, Bob Davie, Holly Rowe

Navy v. Maryland (ESPN 4:00 Mon) - Mike Patrick, Craig James, Quint Kessenich
Boise State v. Virginia Tech (ESPN 8:00) - Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit, Heather Cox

why would i be mad?

its clear brandford is the better back but when rumors of tyler wanting to leave he takes over the number 1 spot? YA OK

its just like when a rumor would come out of CJ or stafon wanting to leave they would get all the carrys the next game.

roll.gif
@ you thinking that's the reason he got the starting job.

its just like when a rumor would come out of CJ or stafon wanting to leave they would get all the carrys the next game.
CJ has been leaving since his Sophomore season and he still doesn't get many carries.

Stafon earned his carries, and you can say he deserved more.  The problem was that Pete was in love with Joe McKnight due to his "home run" ability.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by Noskey

And the TCU jerseys, but I wish there was more purple involved.
There is some purple on the shoulder area and stuff, but I agree. I wish there was more purple

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

I like your jerseys Trelvis, where did you get the pic. We are supposed to be getting pro combats and was wondering if there might be pics out there.

On a side note, I'm pulling for you guys against OSU, show these AQ fools that we can not only hang but handle them. Like we have done to OSU and UofO as a matter of fact recently
smokin.gif
I havent seen any pics of the Boise State ones yet. They are supposed to unveil all of them on Wednesday. They will have a live video feed on facebook. I found the picture of ours on a TCU message board.

http://www.facebook.com/e...3705856674693&ref=mf

I found a picture of the "t-shirts" of ours and they look pretty cool.

11992110l.jpg

Supposedly our jerseys are gray with blue numbering and the Bronco logo is supposed to wrap around the entire helmet. Could be interesting if us and VTech wear the jerseys against eachother.

Another rumor out there is that the jerseys have some effect with the 3D broadcast but who knows about that. I'm hoping not that just seems a bit odd to me.

Alabama Depth Chart:

QB -- Greg McElroy, AJ McCarron, Phillip Sims
RB -- Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Demetrius Goode OR Corey Grant
WR -- Julio Jones, Earl Alexander OR Brandon Gibson
WR -- Marquis Maze OR Darius Hanks, Kenny Bell OR Kevin Norwood
TE -- Michael Williams, Chris Underwood
HB -- Preston Dial, Brad Smelley
LT -- James Carpenter, Alfred McCullough OR Tyler Love
LG -- Chance Warmack, John Michael Boswell OR Brian Motley
C -- William Vlachos, David Ross OR Brian Motley
RG -- Barrett Jones, Anthony Steen
RT -- D.J. Fluker, Arie Kouandjio OR John Michael Boswell

NG -- Josh Chapman, Kerry Murphy OR Nick Gentry
DE -- Marcell Dareus, Undra Billingsley OR Darrington Sentimore
DE -- Luther Davis, Damion Square, Brandon Moore
SAM -- Chavis Williams, Alex Watkins, Jonathan Atchison
MIKE -- Dont'a Hightower, Chris Jordan OR Nico Johnson
WILL -- Jerrell Harris, Nico Johnson OR C.J. Mosley
JACK -- Courtney Upshaw, Ed Stinson, Adrian Hubbard
CB -- Dre Kirkpatrick, Phelon Jones OR John Fulton
CB -- DeQuan Menzie, B.J. Scott OR Demarcus Milliner
SS -- Mark Barron, Nick Perry OR Will Lowery
FS -- Robert Lester, Jarrick Williams OR Will Lowery

PK -- Cade Foster OR Jeremy Shelley
P -- Jay Williams OR Cody Mandell
PR -- Julio Jones, Darius Hanks OR Marquis Maze
KR -- Trent Richardson, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram
KO -- Cade Foster
HOLD -- AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy
SNAP -- Carson Tinker, David Ross

They really think Julio is quick enough to be a threat as a returner??

Looked at the LSU 2 Deep. Their front 7 is small & their offense is very unimpressive. No big time talent at QB or RB

2. Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
3. Jon Baldwin, Pitt
4. DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss
5. James Rodgers, Oregon State
laugh.gif

new depth chart..

OFFENSE
WR
T. Jones
D. Kamara

WR
T. Riddick
R. Toma

LT
Z. Martin
M. Romine

LG
C. Stewart
C. Watt

C
B. Cave
D. Wenger

RG
T. Robinson
M. Golic

RT
T. Dever
A. Nuss

TE
K. Rudolph
T. Eifert

WR
M. Floyd
J. Goodman

QB
D. Crist
T. Rees

RB
A. Allen
C. Wood

DEFENSE
DE
E. Johnson
H. Williams

NG
I. Williams
S. Cwynar

DE
K. Lewis-Moore
E. Nwankwo

OLB
D. Fleming
P. Shembo

ILB
C. Calabrese
A. McDonald

ILB
M. Te’o
D. Spond

OLB
K. Neal
B. Smith

CB
D. Walls
L. Wood

S
H. Smith
D. McCarthy

S
J. Slaughter
Z. Motta

CB
G. Gray
R. Blanton

There are horrible plays, and then there are horrible, unspeakable, "there's no way he actually just did that," plays. The high school football gem that's circulating the world wide Internets today is definitely the latter.
  YouTube - Epic Football Fail

No one knows where or when this particular scholastic disaster occurred, but for some reason the Zapruder film evidence of its splendor first surfaced on TheScore.com Friday morning, via a cryptic site calling itself Gossipberry.com (which, after a bit of research, we're convinced doesn't actually exist). In the hours since, we've taken breaks from waxing lyrical on high school coaches and eligibility issues by trying to figure out what the running back in this clip was doing running in the wrong direction.

Sure, the option toss from his quarterback might be the worst one we've seen since Texas quarterback Garrett Gilbert's debacle that ended the first half of the NCAA championship game, but the running back started running toward his own end zone! He didn't get tipped off by the fact there were no linebackers or defensive backs in front of him? Really?

If the opposite direction sprint isn't bad enough, his futile toss into the air is even worse. It's easily the worst "Help! Save me!" lateral in the history of football.

[Rewind: Another truly awful trick play]

But is this actually the worst play in high school football history? Before you answer, check out the Vermont special after the jump.

Sure, this clip from last year's Mount Mansfield vs. Otter Valley (both of Vermont) game only has one atrocious error, but it might be the most glaring ever recorded. This isn't like DeSean Jackson leaving a ball short of the end zone, this is a kid spiking a football in the open field without going to the ground ... when a rivalry game was won as soon as his knee hits!

YouTube - Worst Football Play In History

Amidst all the horrendous bloopers of past years, that Vermont finish seemed like the worst play ever ... until today. Even champions have to retire some time, and the Vermont clip will always know it went out to, truly, the worst play in high school football history.

Looking forward to seeing those new pro combat jerseys, Wednesday.

Well UT seems to be sticking to so called form. Cody Johnson named the starter. Baby McCoy named Gilbert's backup.

i'm shocked that chavis williams is starting, nico johnson is a monster guess he just doesnt play that linebacker position as well as him. I think Julio is listed at 4.48 40 time, i think he's hard to tackle also which is another reason he was chosen

Back
Top Bottom