LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

I believe Rutgers will do work in the Big 10 in Ball.
I'm not so sure about Fball though

Originally Posted by RoOk

I believe Rutgers will do work in the Big 10 in Ball.
I'm not so sure about Fball though
I'm not so sure they wouldn't be better off for football than they would be basketball...

they'd be better off in football.

good luck finding an area kid that wants to go play hoops in the Big 10. Not happening.

conversely, moving to Big 10 would help their recruiting in fball.

March 1, 2010
[h1]Bridgewater focused on one position[/h1]
Adam Gorney
Staff
MORE: Driskel doesn't disappoint at Elite 11 regional | Rivals.com Scouting the Nation 2010

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. - Teddy Bridgewater admits he could not control himself.

TheMiami Northwestern standout would show up at a camp or 7-on-7 event andwork out at quarterback - but sneak into wide receiver and defensiveback drills as well.

[table][tr][td]
TEDDYBRIDGEWATER4_1200.JPG
[/td][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bridgewater said he is focused solely on quarterback.[/td][/tr][/table]Bridgewaterwas so talented at all the positions that many believed he could be amulti-position athlete in college, where he would play some quarterbackor be used at other positions just as effectively.

Recently,though, Bridgewater had an extensive talk with his coaches atNorthwestern, a powerhouse in south Florida, and it was decided hewould focus solely on quarterback and not toy around at other positions.

That'sfine with him since he said Sunday at the Elite 11 Regional Camp hereat the ESPN Wide World of Sports that his top five - Southern Cal,Alabama, Florida, Miami and LSU - are all recruiting him as aquarterback.

"Going into my senior season, I plan on staying atquarterback," said Bridgewater, who's included in the Rivals top 250watch list for 2011.

"The thing was I couldn't control myself. Ijust had to be one of those guys that had to be on the field. I wouldthrow the ball, then catch the ball and then go on defense. I learnedto control myself."

Bridgewater and Oviedo (Fla.) Hagerty prospect Jeff Driskelwere clearly the top two quarterbacks at the Elite 11 regional, bothconsistently throwing pinpoint passes and showing off good footwork.

The6-foot-3 Northwestern standout was particularly elusive and crafty withhis feet - even though his blue and gold Nike spikes weren't even tied.

Likeformer Deerfield Beach, Fla., standout Denard Robinson, now atMichigan, Bridgewater feels most comfortable with his shoelaces undone.He's sustained injuries to both ankles and doesn't tape even for gamesbut that's how he feels best so that's how he does it.

"This ishow I play in the game," Bridgewater said. "I feel like you could slideright in the shoe. I wish they didn't even have shoestrings. My coachessaid as long as I'm comfortable. He does want me to tape but the tapestops the blood circulation in my ankles.

"When I played when Iwas younger I fractured my left ankle and in ninth grade, the springgame, I was playing wide receiver and I went up for a pass and landedon my right ankle so actually I messed up both of them."

Thereshouldn't be many more times Bridgewater will jump for passes in hiscareer since he's now focused on mastering the quarterback position.Camp counselors Browning Nagle, a former NFL quarterback, and JohnBrantley III, the coach at Ocala (Fla.) Trinity Catholic, raved aboutBridgewater's potential.

Not only does he have a strong andaccurate arm but because he's played wide receiver and defensive backbefore, Bridgewater can use his athleticism in ways other quarterbackscannot. He's a true dual threat who can make things happen with hisfeet if plays break down.

That's why five of the nation's topprograms are pursuing him and many others are also giving chase.Georgia was a favorite of Bridgewater's last summer but he said therehas been a lack of communication with the Bulldogs. They're certainlynot out of it since Bridgewater said he still likes Georgia but it's nolonger in his top five.

Recruiting is on the back burner fornow. Bridgewater seems too focused on improving as a quarterback - andonly as a quarterback.

"That's where everybody is recruiting me," he said.

Mark Richt dropped tha ball with Teddy

latest news is he has dropped them for lack of contact.

That was the only Team I envisioned having a shot at luring him from the Canes.

[h2]Pac-10 expansion: A football title game, hoops on Tuesday, the BYU issue, the Zipper idea … and the $150 million question[/h2]
Posted by Jon Wilner on March 3rd, 2010 at 5:33 am | Categorized as Larry Scott, Pac-10 Conference, Pac-10 basketball, Pac-10 expansion, Pac-10 football

I’ve spent a bit of time the past few weeks talking to folks inside and outside the league about expansion, which became a sizzling topic when commissioner Larry Scott said he was looking at it “very seriously.

Damn, Michigans not even in Lawrence thomas' top 10, prolly due to the fact that the head coach at Renaissance hates Michigan.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Mark Richt dropped tha ball with Teddy

latest news is he has dropped them for lack of contact.

That was the only Team I envisioned having a shot at luring him from the Canes.

When I just read that and saw his Top 5 I was like wtfuuu?? I just knew we were gonna get Teddy
mad.gif

This isn't quite related to this thread but it's a good read so I thought I'd post it. Beamerball.com interview with Ike Whitaker. A few of you might remember he was a highly recruited dual threat QB for us who got kicked off the team for alcohol related reasons and he's been the butt of a lot of punchlines.

WHITAKER TO ATTEND VT PRO-DAY

BeamerBall.com: We understand that you’re participating inTech’s “Pro Day

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Gators' success doesn't translate to NFL[/h1]
Posted by Keith Arnold on March 3, 2010 5:41 PM ET
While most of the draft talk surrounding the Florida Gators is contained to a certain Jesus-loving, Heisman-winning quarterback, worries of success at the NFL level should hardly be levied solely on Mr. Tebow.

Most likely as a response to the grief Texas players take for under-performing in the NFL, the Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein took at look at all the Florida Gators drafted by NFL teams since 2001. The results are pretty surprising.

To a man, nearly every pick (save maybe Alex Brown of the Bears) since 2001 out of Gainesville has been disappointing, up until Percy Harvin stopped the bleeding this season. The list of first and second round picks that amounted to nothing has been pretty staggering:

Gerard Warren, Kenyatta Walker, Lito Sheppard, Jabar Gaffney, Mike Pearson, Reche Caldwell, Rex Grossman, Taylor Jacobs, Ben Troupe, Keiwan Ratliff, Chad Jackson, Jarvis Moss, Reggie Nelson, Derrick Harvey, and Percy Harvin.

Other than Harvin, only Lito Sheppard has appeared in the Pro Bowl, and his play could be characterized as up and down. Everyone else on that list has underperformed. That's not exactly the best track record when talking about important draft picks from one school.

As guys like Joe Haden and Carlos Dunlap project to be taken in the first round -- even with major question marks surrounding both -- you've got to wonder if NFL scouts will take a look at the track record of the Gators that came before them.

Looks like 4* commit Telvin Smith might not qualify.

Dude said he has to make a 3 point jump on the ACT (which is not a small jump) to get into school.

And I'm sure if he does make a 3/4 point jump, his scores are going to be flagged by the NCAA.

So I'm not holding my breath.
ohwell.gif

Yeah, hope Telvin makes it tho. Anything to get out of that **** town in South GA.

Back
Top Bottom