LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

wait, is that supposed to be Aaron Murray runnin a 4.5?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

reports are in Vols had 400 kids at camp.
Im proud of the new staff.

My Dude Darin Hinshaw gettin Busy in Florida too
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h2]Pac-10 commish lays out scenarios[/h2]

http://search.espn.go.com/mark-saxon/

SAN FRANCISCO -- Pac-10 commissioner Larry Scott laid out a host of expansion scenarios to athletic directors on Friday, the first day of conference meetings here. They range from a full merger with the Big 12; to merging with six current Big 12 schools, including Texas; to adding Colorado and Utah; to the status quo, according to one athletic director.

On Sunday morning, Scott will brief the school presidents and chancellors.

Nobody here expects the conference to expand any time soon, certainly not by Sunday, the final day of the meetings. Still, the possibility of adding schools -- which could lead to a financial windfall for the conference, as well as ratchet up competition -- has several attendees excited by the possibilities.

"Larry and the Pac-10 are being very proactive. That's what I like," said Washington athletic director Scott Woodward. "We're not the bug on the windshield. We're kind of driving the bus."

[h4]IT'S L.A., AND IT'S LIVE[/h4]
For more about this event and coverage of the complete Los Angeles sports scene, visit ESPNLosAngeles.com. »

The latest scenario, first reported by Orangebloods.com, a Rivals affiliate, on Thursday, is that Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Colorado and Oklahoma State would be invited to join the Pac-10. Such a mega-conference likely would be divided into two leagues, one comprised of the eight original conference teams and the other made up of the newcomers plus the two Arizona schools.

Some people see that scenario as a smokescreen to a more modest expansion.

UCLA athletic director Dan Guerrero, who chairs the men's basketball committee, compared the conference's discussions here to his committee's shortly before it expanded March Madness to 68 teams. At one point, the idea of a 96-team field was floated before the more modest change was adopted. That could be what happens in the Pac-10 -- with the latest whopper just a bombshell that spurs talks.

"We went through an exercise of due diligence and really decided to look at all the possible scenarios and all the options to see what might be in the best interest of the association long term," Guerrero said. "We're doing the exact same thing here. We're in a due-diligence process."

USC athletic director Mike Garrett, whose football and basketball programs are under investigation for NCAA rules violations, declined comment.

The future look of the Pac-10 could depend on what happens with the Big Ten. If Notre Dame elects to join that conference, the likelihood is that any Pac-10 expansion would be modest. But if the Big Ten pulls in Nebraska and Missouri instead, the Big 12 could be in danger of crumbling. The Pac-10 wants to be position to scoop up some of those schools, particularly Texas, which brings with it a large, lucrative TV audience.

The heart of the issue is money. According to the Sports Business Journal, the SEC TV contracts with ESPN and CBS are worth $205 million annually.

The Pac-10's contracts with ABC/ESPN and Fox are worth $45 million. Scott hired Creative Artists Agency, a global marketing and entertainment firm whose clients include the New York Yankees, to help find new sources of revenue.

Scott is scheduled to discuss the expansion talks with the media on Sunday at noon, after the conclusion of the meetings. It's unlikely any decisions will be made so soon, but things clearly are in the works.

"I don't see any way our conference will be diminished in terms of competitive excellence," Guerrero said. "It can only be enhanced if things progress to the point where we do make decisions, but at this point in time there's nothing imminent."

Mark Saxon covers USC football of ESPNLosAngeles.com

Wow, the Spiller Effect...Mike Bellamy committed to Clemson. He & Marlin Lane, the #1 & #3 RBs in Florida.
Hopefully they both stay committed.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Dabo's gonna end up with a top 3 class.

I wonder if Marlin Lane will stay committed come NSD
Actually, fool...I think I read he got a Clemson tattoo.  I think Bellamy would be less likely to stay committed.

Aaron Wallace Jr supposedly ran a 4.5 and posted a 44" vert today at A&M's camp...

Cali guys, what's the story with dude? Dad headed up the Wrecking Crew way back when and people here feel good about him for the Aggies, but why the lack of offers? Sounds like he's been great at camps and measureables are through the roof...

Yeah, Marlin has a clemson Tat and Clemson has stayed w/ him throughout his knee injury.

Bellamy and Lane
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Jesus Christ.

Dre, u familiar with Brent Brewer? ... he just signed with Vols and will play this fall
he's now 6'2 205 LB

His old Bio:
Brent Brewer
6-2, 187, Wide Receiver
Tyrone, GA (Sandy Creek HS)

Impressive athlete who will play football and baseball at Florida State...rated as a three-star prospect and the No. 36 overall wide receiver in the nation by Rivals.com...also ranked as the No. 23 player on Rivals.com's Postseason Georgia Top 50 for 2006...named to the 2005 Georgia Coaches Association South All-Star Team...earned honorable mention All-State honors for Class 4A after recording 35 catches and eight touchdowns as a junior...a shortstop and outfielder in baseball, he is also listed as the No. 57 overall prospect on the 2006 Team One Baseball Top-100 HS preseason list among seniors...ran a 4.4 in the 40-yard dash at the Athens Nike Camp, the fourth best time among all prospects in attendance...attended the same high school as current Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson...chose Florida State over Georgia, Louisville and Mississippi State.

Apparently the Pac10 commish was given the green light to extend invites to Texas, A&M, Oklahoma, Okie State, Texas Tech and Colorado...

Baylor is gonna try and screw the whole thing up for everybody again by lobbying Texas politicians for their inclusion over Colorado... They did this same thing years ago, though Tech was also involved, when A&M wanted to go SEC and Texas wanted Pac 10...

Just wonder how much pull they'll have this time around without Tech, given that they're a private school not funded by the state and don't have nearly the pull within the government... The Pac10 has no reason to take them since UT, A&M and Tech give them everything they need within the state of Texas... Baylor offers nothing from an added revenue/market standpoint, so who knows... It'll be interesting.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Baylor is gonna try and screw the whole thing up for everybody again by lobbying Texas politicians for their inclusion over Colorado... They did this same thing years ago, though Tech was also involved, when A&M wanted to go SEC and Texas wanted Pac 10...

Just wonder how much pull they'll have this time around without Tech, given that they're a private school not funded by the state and don't have nearly the pull within the government... The Pac10 has no reason to take them since UT, A&M and Tech give them everything they need within the state of Texas... Baylor offers nothing from an added revenue/market standpoint, so who knows... It'll be interesting.
i read the pac10 is really only interested in baylor's basketball team.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

baylor will be left in the dust, no way a private school in waco has the political clout to hold ut, a&m and tech back from a better deal. they can join boise state in the mountain west

I'm so happy Michigan doesn't release BS numbers for their players. All the testing stays in the fieldhouse outside of height/weight.

I am just praying they actually field a decent team this year. It sounds so weird saying that about Michigan because I never would have accepted anything less than 9-3. RR needs to get this team to that QUICK or else he is on the outs.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

I'm so happy Michigan doesn't release BS numbers for their players. All the testing stays in the fieldhouse outside of height/weight.
That's only because they're all slow as !#@* and don't want anyone to know.  Need that SEC SPEED, ask Jesse Palmer.

The Texas politicians need to stay out of this. Its ridiculous! Tax payers arent paying to make sure #%#! hole Baylor doesnt end up in Conference USA.

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe all but killed his own conference on April 30, 2008.

That’s when he decided to team up with the Big Ten and Pac-10 to reject a four-team playoff being pushed by the SEC and ACC. If the Big 12 (and/or the Big East) had supported it, the so-called “Plus One

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

i read the pac10 is really only interested in baylor's basketball team.  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

there is NOTHING about baylor that the pac-10 wants.

im going to guess that if Texas A&M picks the SEC over the pac10 Utah or kansas will get the next offer

Mr. Beebe didnt have the foresight of his comrads. he got in bed with 2 conferences who had designs of their own and he leaped at it without looking past the present. now his conference will be plundered by the very conferences he attached his own to.

MWC commish just put the hault to its expansion, deciding to wait until everything shakes out with the other conferences.

so basically, its going to happen

Back
Top Bottom