LOCK IT UP - College Football - 2009 Season/2010 Off-Season

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

damn so the big 12 is basically going to be dead???
Pretty much... The conference was built on a shaky foundation to begin with, and it really has no means of expansion financially because there aren't any major media markets anywhere in the country that aren't already tied into major TV deals besides Dallas, Houston, and Denver...

The Big XII South has no real ties to the North besides Oklahoma and Nebraska, so those schools have no problem leaving each other... The Big XII could try to lure Arkansas, LSU, or even the California schools in for expansion, but why would they leave what they already have?

Parker?

Looks like Tahj is gonna have to step up this year. Luckily y'all have that run game to fall back on. Though I don't know what the OL situation is looking like.

802541.jpg

DeAnthony Arnettrevealed his top six (plus one to Scout.com just now, in no particular order.
"Michigan State, California, Tennessee, Oklahoma, USC, Iowa,and Miami if they offer. Miami is my wildcard if they offer. If they offer, I will take a serious look at them."

Scout.com will have more on this shortly.

Dude is Nasty.
Canes havent offered... why????

Dorsey qualified but UofM admissions isn't going to accept him. The UofM board has been self destructing over this topic for like the past week.

Dont worry, USC will take him. heard their safety from JC wont get in...

sings "Fort Lauderdale is just like compton"

Originally Posted by zs05wc

Dorsey qualified but UofM admissions isn't going to accept him. The UofM board has been self destructing over this topic for like the past week.

Five-star recruit Dorsey reportedly won't be a Michigan Man in '10
Posted by John Taylor on June 7, 2010 1:06 PM ET

Ever since Michigan landed Demar Dorsey on National Signing Day this past February, the question has been whether or not the five-star talent would actually make it to campus this fall and be a member of the football program.

Apparently, that question has been answered, and not in a positive way for the Wolverine faithful.

Speaking on WTKA radio Monday morning, Sam Webb -- by way of MVictors -- reports that Dorsey will not be on campus this fall, apparently robbing head coach Rich Rodriguez of a supremely talented athlete at a position of dire need.

There was some question in recent weeks and months as to whether Dorsey would qualify academically, although Webb did not come right out and state that's the reason Dorsey will not be in Ann Arbor this year.

Webb also hinted that Dorsey could be moving on to another school, which would be a double kick in the groin for Rodriguez.

"What will be interesting to see is where he ends up in the aftermath. Because if he ends up at a JUCO then we know what the deals was-he wasn't qualified. If he ends up Florida State/Louisville/Cincinnati, then he was qualified, Michigan just didn't take him and of course that brings up the question as to why. We'll have to wait and see on that."

UM has yet to address Dorsey's status -- or non-status, as the case may be.

UPDATE 1:32 p.m. ET: According to a tweet from Dave Birkett of AnnArbor.com, Dorsey is qualified as far as grades are concerned and that Florida State is a possibility.

Now that I read it over I realize that I just posted it because I saw it on a UC board.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Bruce Feldman says MWC will likely land Boise St, Kansas St, Iowa State and either Colorado or Baylor

smart move by the MWC to wait

Agreed. I am all for adding Boiste State to the Mountain West but its best to sit and see how all of this plays out. If the MWC has the chance to snag Colorado, Kansas, or K-State they need to be jumping all over that. @#!% BAYLOR!!! I have a deep hate in my heart for all things Baylor. What a dump.

Just a heads up, the NCAA Football 11 demo is dropping next week Monday.

The demo is suppose to have 8 different teams in predetermined matchups (to show off the various offensive styles featured in the game).

The only confirmed matchup thus far is tOSU vs. Miami, the other matchups will be announced later in the week.

An ACC head coach was talking about what he had heard:

-4 16 team conferences, there would be no more B10 B12, etc, they would be called the Midwest, East, etc.

-8 conference games, 3 OOC games against the other conferences and one swing game (I guess this would be like a FCS school, or one of the FBS schools not in the mix)

-Acc schools would have Miami, FSU, Clemson and GT going to what is now known as the SEC, chances are Vandy would not be included, each current conference is going to lose 1-2 schools, so the numbers work, so there will be some sort of minimum requirement.

-WF and Duke would NOT be part of the new alignment for football

-They may indeed operate outside the NCAA

-The TV deal dollars being talked about for this are mind-boggling

-A 4 team playoff that intially would include the top school of each conference, that eventually would evolve into a 16 team playoff.

Take it for what its worth, but thats the footprint as far as this coach was concerned.

Miami and FSU in the SEC?  Damn. 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

4 16 team conferences, CFB gettin turned on its ear. 
laugh.gif

I like it.  All of it. 

Honestly, while it would be pretty chaotic at first, if they were to realign everyone into 4 16 team geographical conferences, that would probably be the best thing. Some "big name" schools would be left out (my Cardinals included), but I guess it is what it is.

wat would happen in regards to schedules if this does happen?

All OOC games canceled right?

Hell you would have to do all schedules over right?

Derrick Locke broke a bone in his forearm in a moped accident.

He should be good by fall practice, but *facepalm*

Originally Posted by dreClark

An ACC head coach was talking about what he had heard:

-4 16 team conferences, there would be no more B10 B12, etc, they would be called the Midwest, East, etc.

-8 conference games, 3 OOC games against the other conferences and one swing game (I guess this would be like a FCS school, or one of the FBS schools not in the mix)

-Acc schools would have Miami, FSU, Clemson and GT going to what is now known as the SEC, chances are Vandy would not be included, each current conference is going to lose 1-2 schools, so the numbers work, so there will be some sort of minimum requirement.

-WF and Duke would NOT be part of the new alignment for football

-They may indeed operate outside the NCAA

-The TV deal dollars being talked about for this are mind-boggling

-A 4 team playoff that intially would include the top school of each conference, that eventually would evolve into a 16 team playoff.

Take it for what its worth, but thats the footprint as far as this coach was concerned.

so the SEC is going to kick vandy out? thats going to be fun to watch

and it has been said that if the SEC trys to get FSU to join the Florida AD would put a stop to it.

Florida AD would not try to stop it. And he couldn't if he wanted to. Conference expansion is a bit over the AD's head...

the whole article:

Big 12 blew it by eschewing playoff

By Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports
Jun 6, 9:28 pm EDT
Email Print
Follow Dan Wetzel on Twitter at @DanWetzel

Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe all but killed his own conference on April 30, 2008.

That’s when he decided to team up with the Big Ten and Pac-10 to reject a four-team playoff being pushed by the SEC and ACC. If the Big 12 (and/or the Big East) had supported it, the so-called “Plus One

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Florida AD would not try to stop it. And he couldn't if he wanted to. Conference expansion is a bit over the AD's head...

i know for the pac-10 the presidents have to vote unanimous for conference expansion. thought it was the same all around. and if the AD told the president he wanted know part of FSU in the SEC you dont think he would listen?

Back
Top Bottom