**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants going back to Eli :rofl: I'm gonna need Dallas to pummel them.

ksteezy ksteezy gonna go ghost come Sunday anyway. Dude pulls a Casper on us always

1444075795-casper-devon-sawa-gif.gif

caspar_2133360i-2-after-20-long-years-casper-and-his-ghostly-gang-have-all-grown-up-jpeg-286343.jpg

QBR doesn’t mean squat
Phillip Rivers is 19th on the list and is considered a very good QB

Just stop it. You have already been shown that you don’t understand why Giant fans are mad about Eli since you actually haven’t been able to understand why the team is crap. (Hint: it’s not because of Eli)

They have had a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons............

it is time for the Giants to move on from Eli but that should have been in the upcoming offseason

last week was an embarrassment

For the millionth time, that’s not a reflection on Eli...

Im pretty sure with any HOF QB people would say it is. Lets make some more excuses for the dude being garbage. "His line sucks, he has no running game".

Dude has been a middle of the pack QB for like 5 years and people are acting like he is some god amongst men.

Giants going back to Eli :rofl: I'm gonna need Dallas to pummel them.

ksteezy ksteezy gonna go ghost come Sunday anyway. Dude pulls a Casper on us always

1444075795-casper-devon-sawa-gif.gif

caspar_2133360i-2-after-20-long-years-casper-and-his-ghostly-gang-have-all-grown-up-jpeg-286343.jpg

What you talmbout?...I’ve been here every week since the season started with the exception of last night...because I handed in my Giants fan card till McAdoo was out the paint, he’s out...I’m back :smile:

They have had a losing record 4 of the last 5 seasons............
So let me bring this back
You said he sucked in 2016, yet they made the playoffs, because the defense was elite and Eli and OBJ had good performances.

He had very good stats and numbers years before 2016 and yet didn’t make the playoffs, because HELLO, the team wasn’t good.

And Eli has been always regarded as a top 15 QB by his peers the past four seasons....I rather trust their word over your crappy take

Like I said, you don’t understand the Giants and Eli. You take the memes of him being “sucky” too seriously.

Dude it has to be a reflection of him somewhat :lol: not saying it's all Eli's fault but QB play is definitely a factor.

Exactly. You can't just give the dude all the credit for Superbowl wins then when times are **** give him none of the blame.

Eli hasn't been close to a top tier guy for years now and his best years are definitely past him for sure but I still don't see why they couldn't let him ride it out until the end of the year especially with the guys they have behind him. I didn't get the Bills benching Tyrod a few weeks back either and he hasn't done nearly as much for his team as Eli has. Just feel like he deserved better,onfield play notwithstanding

It'd be way more understandable if they had a Mahomes type prospect waiting in the wings but they don't. Should've let him ride it out and part ways in the offseason lowkey but they decided to create a big ****storm midseason only for it to blow up in their faces and make fools out of themselves :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Eli hasn't been close to a top tier guy for years now and his best years are definitely past him for sure but I still don't see why they couldn't let him ride it out until the end of the year especially with the guys they have behind him. I didn't get the Bills benching Tyrod a few weeks back either and he hasn't done nearly as much for his team than Eli.

It'd be way more understandable if they had a Mahomes type prospect waiting in the wings but they don't. Should've let him ride it out and part ways in the offseason lowkey but they decided to create a big ****storm midseason only for it to blow up in their faces :lol::lol:

This too. I won't be surprised in the slightest if Eli stays, but I would be very interested if he went elsewhere.

Dude it has to be a reflection of him somewhat :lol: not saying it's all Eli's fault but QB play is definitely a factor.

Yeah to some extent, but a QBs performance doesn’t rest on his shoulders alone, for the type of team he has been given the past few seasons, SPECIALLY that nonexistent Oline any QB would be playing like **** regardless of the receivers they got, How good is Dan without Zeke? Dude is GARBAGE...with a back like Zeke and they still couldn’t secure a championship last year, but look what happens when you give Eli a decent runner, not even a probowl Caliber runner, just someone that can carry the ball further than 20 yards...he makes championship runs...so no we don’t suck because Eli sucks, Eli been playing mediocre because he’s constantly running for his life, has to get rid of the ball within 2 seconds without even a good slot receiver....even then he will more than likely gonna end up on the floor, running game? What running game? Dude has no one to rely on and the one place we had confidence in going into this season, our receiving core, Gone! Not to mention Marshall turned out to be an absolute bust in the Giants

So let me bring this back
You said he sucked in 2016, yet they made the playoffs, because the defense was elite and Eli and OBJ had good performances.

He had very good stats and numbers years before 2016 and yet didn’t make the playoffs, because HELLO, the team wasn’t good.

And Eli has been always regarded as a top 15 QB by his peers the past four seasons....I rather trust their word over your crappy take

Like I said, you don’t understand the Giants and Eli. You take the memes of him being “sucky” too seriously.

He was 7th in passing attempts last year, but was 14th in yards and 4th in picks thrown. He is consistently in the bottom half of the league in passer rating.

Did Eli carry them last year to a winning record or did their top 10 defense take them to the playoffs so he could **** the bed against green bay?

Dude has been the very definition of middle tier QB for years now.

Eli going through what Roethlisberger went through a few years back, when Pitt had a couple losing seasons.

Eli takes a beating, year in and year out. Biggest issue is he throws a TON of interceptions but, I would too if I got hit so much.

Eli lowkey has always had a mediocre offensive line. And he still plays.

Giants have no running game or offensive line, in a tougher than tough division. To me, Eli is the least of the problem

Last year Dallas fans were all on their knees claiming Dak was the second coming of Christ...their savior...dude is a clear example of how those around you can affect your game, no Zeke and dude performs like trash....but let’s blame Eli for all of the Giants issues...ya something

Do you know why he threw so much last year? Because they have no run game you dumbass. I already acknowledged they had an elite defense too. :rolleyes Sounds like someone who isn’t listening to a post.

I’m telling you, you don’t understand it. You just don’t. Save that cherry picking for the nba thread.

Yup, you are right, no blame to go to Eli. Eli is completely blameless, has been a flawless top 5 QB for years, doesn't ever throw picks, and is consistently in the top 10 in the NFL in QB rating.

Plenty of ******* teams have a **** line and no run game and seem to get it done fine with a good QB.

Im not at all saying he is solely responsible for them being terrible, im just saying he isnt blameless either.

John Mara finesse game STRONG. Manipulated Reese and McAdoo into benching Eli, then got rid of both.

Mara unscathed :pimp:

We were talkiNT about this last night...lol

Still a scumbag move to use Eli as a pawn to get rid of a GM and a HC...he could have done that without Eli taking an L

Eli has been playing like crap for a few years, but it's definitely not all on him. It's funny. When Giants fans were creaming themselves over signing Brandon Marshall, and the possible prowess of their receiving group I continuously asked the same question and got no response: Who's gonna block for Eli? How are they gonna run the ball and keep the offense from being one dimensional with that terrible o-line?

Then them dudes drafted a got damn Non-blocking TE with their first pick of the draft :lol: And well, here we are now. Don't matter how good your WR's are, if your QB is consistently only going to have 3 seconds to throw the ball, and you can't keep the defense honest with a decent run game.

Yup, you are right, no blame to go to Eli. Eli is completely blameless, has been a flawless top 5 QB for years, doesn't ever throw picks, and is consistently in the top 10 in the NFL in QB rating.

Plenty of ****ing teams have a **** line and no run game and seem to get it done fine with a good QB.

Eli never had a great TE (maybe Jeremy Shockey), elite O-Line, or RBs, has had a few solid receivers and 1 HOF caliber receiver in Odell.

Eli has literally done it ALL from the offensive side of the ball his whole career.

Of the giants teams Eli had had, he’s the ONLY hall of fame caliber offensive player they’ve had, until Odell came, in Eli’s 12th season...

***Forgot he had Tiki Barber for a couple years

Dudes don’t understand is not just about the physical strength but also the mental stamina it takes to be a QB...play after play these cats are a target.

Eli quite possibly the strongest QB mentally in the game...dude would throw 5 intos and get back out there not phased by that **** we’ve seen many QBs ya consider better than Eli fold under pressure EASILY.....

NO OTHER QB IN THE LEAGUE BESIDES MAYBE AROD COULD HAVE KEPT HIS COOL DURING THAT LAST PLAY AGAINST THE PATS IN 07....

Name me one that’s not Rodgers.

Yup and that's why I was going crazy during the draft. We should have drafted an OL every round. That's how bad our line was. I do like Engram but ****, I'll trade him quick for a lineman.

And Eli has been average over the years but he showed up in GB last year. He was balling. He looked great. WRs just **** the bed when it mattered most. SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom