**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. that's the confusing part for everyone.

Letting Cousins walk because you didn't want to pay him is fine 100% fine if you didn't believe he was truly the guy.

But trading a 3rd round pick + a good young corner + extending a Alex Smith for almost 100m and 71 guaranteed is the major major headscratcher

Not that way i thought i’d make the title

83518.jpg

Bill Barnwell:

Kirk Cousins is about to become the highest-paid player in the history of the NFL, and the numbers are going to be staggering. This kind of opportunity -- the ability to acquire a franchise quarterback in his prime without having to give up a draft pick -- comes around once in a generation. The last guy who really came close was Drew Brees in 2006, and even then he was coming off of a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder (which famously led the Dolphins to pass on Brees, pushing him to the Saints). Peyton Manning was 36 and coming off of multiple neck surgeries in 2012. Cousins isn't a Hall of Famer, but he's healthier than both those guys were. This simply does not happen.

Nobody is arguing that Cousins is a perfect quarterback, but teams without passers are going to take a risk over the next couple of seasons. Is any passer who is likely to come available a better risk than the guy who is sixth in passer rating and seventh in Total QBR over the past three years? Cousins is about to be the subject of one of the most heated bidding wars in league history.

Cousins has 100 percent of the leverage as a free agent. He'll be able to ask for anything he wants.

Yeah.. that's the confusing part for everyone.

Letting Cousins walk because you didn't want to pay him is fine 100% fine if you didn't believe he was truly the guy.

But trading a 3rd round pick + a good young corner + extending a Alex Smith for almost 100m and 71 guaranteed is the major major headscratcher

Skins should be receiving a comp-3rd round pick in 2019 IIRC, so in reality the real issue with the deal is letting go of Fuller + extending a 34-year old Alex Smith who hasn't won anything.

Skins should be receiving a comp-3rd round pick in 2019 IIRC, so in reality the real issue with the deal is letting go of Fuller + extending a 34-year old Alex Smith who hasn't won anything.
Even with them getting a 3rd back.. Fuller + extending Alex blows my mind.

We really do have a wild draft coming up, let alone Free Agency. My body is so ready. Kirk is gonna dictate it all.

Hilarious how Fox has been at the helm of peddling MAGA slanted anti-league narratives all year long as well as highlighting declining ratings only to bid for and win TNF broadcasting rights :rofl::rofl:

Pulled a straight okey doke on their audience :lol:

man looking back at the 2015 QB draft class, what a huge pile of trash. MM8 the only one with a future and i think he bounces back next year. but Winston, Hundley, Petty...trash all around.

Winston might go down as the biggest QB bust since Russell and Quinn in 2007. boy did people get that one wrong. of course, they had no idea he'd get hyped up and cursed by @buc em. the Bucs should probably think QB in rounds 3-5 just to start looking at replacement options if Winston lays another turd in 2018, which he probably will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom