**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mariota better than Guwop?
nope.gif

Cousins deal being fully guaranteed is the most overblown football casual talking point maybe in my lifetime.

When is the last time a competent starting quarterback didn't get all the money on a deal they signed?

If it was any other position but quarterback then it sure it would be landmark but quarterbacks get they checks as long as they are half decent.

I know it's cool to hate Derek Carr on here but dude has been a real good QB since his rookie year and got better every season. He was clearly not 100% last year though. I'll take 4 years of good to great production over a dude that's only started a few games and they're the same age.

Goff has been through a rough rookie year and shown improvement in a FULL 16 games.

I'll take my man Watson over Guwop based on their ceilings.

People were calling Goff a bust before this year. But then you give him a retooled o line a top 3 back ; weapons on the outside and a decent defense and arguably the greatest offensive mind in football then he should look good. That’s why it’s never right to judge a QB so early when he doesn’t have **** around him....

Unless he’s Jimmy mutha ****ing G who had 1 of those things I just listed.

Even Watson had more than Jimmy was thrown into and he looked great. IMO he’ll be an MVP some day.

But don’t buss your gun when the guy looked pretty good with 3rd stringers.

People were calling Goff a bust before this year. But then you give him a retooled o line a top 3 back ; weapons on the outside and a decent defense and arguably the greatest offensive mind in football then he should look good. That’s why it’s never right to judge a QB so early when he doesn’t have **** around him....

Even Watson had more than Jimmy was thrown into and he looked great. IMO he’ll be an MVP some day.

I need to see more than 7 games. People acting like he's young Tom Brady.

Deshaun had more around him but he lit it up. 19 td's and 1700 yrds in 6 games. :sick:

When guys like Flacco, Brisset, Kizer, Siemian, and Cutler are starting in this league, yes.

Just because you start an NFL Game doesn't mean you are a competent starting NFL quarterback.

Kaepernick should be on a roster but he ain't a starter at this point.

As long Cousins is a top 14 quarterback the next 3 seasons he was getting all the money on whatever deal he signed.

Cousins deal being fully guaranteed is the most overblown football casual talking point maybe in my lifetime.

When is the last time a competent starting quarterback didn't get all the money on a deal they signed?

If it was any other position but quarterback then it sure it would be landmark but quarterbacks get they checks as long as they are half decent.

QBs get dummy money/years on their deals too just so they sound better to the public.. but usually the big name guys get extensions and restructures with a year or 2 left on their contracts

Funny how most in here were down playing the Vikes all season and going against them every game. Now all of a sudden it's SB or bust. NT extremes :lol:

Never would have caught me in that group..

And what do you consider the Vikings expectations for this season? Playoffs? At least where they got last season?

Hell of a lot of money for cousins to not get further than last season

I need to see more than 7 games. People acting like he's young Tom Brady.

Deshaun had more around him but he lit it up. 19 td's and 1700 yrds in 6 games. :sick:

Yea; young boy was WILDIN on the whole league.

You’re absolutely right 7 games is a small sample size. It’s def too early to tell. But got damnit did he look good. Poise and vision impeccable and can make nearly ever throw ( needs some work on the deep ball) and he just might have the fastest release in the league.

Should have started with going from jeff fisher to a competent coach

See the other former rams QBs last season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom