**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
dawg can these Pack fans shut up... i'm tryna hear da gawd Jordy speak

i'ma be honest... i hate your team but i respect Romo a lot. one of the all time great QBs that is severely underrated and underappreciated

I respect it. I hate the Packers but it’s hard not to root for Rodgers. I make jokes but he’s the greatest imo.

Tonight was my first time hearing Romo call a game. At times he was talking too much, but I did like his insight for the most part.

Tonight was my first time hearing Romo call a game. At times he was talking too much, but I did like his insight for the most part.
Yea he takes a little getting used to but he has certain knowledge about football which the other announcers don't.

Teams vote for captains. Coaches stay out of it and players literally vote for that representation. They don't just hand the 'C' to the QB, even though that's how it might seem. Also, you don't have to be an all-world player to be a great leader, thus deserving of being captain.

1) teams are not obligated to hand out any 'C's for jersey purposes

2) teams have the ability to name captains on a per game basis and make 'honorary' captains for those games

3) the selection process is decided by the coaches.. they can choose to give that option to the players

With the eagles this is the first year in a while that we named 5 captains before the season.. the coach gave the players the ability to vote on those 5

Our 6th captain will rotate on a game to game basis

And you were technically wrong on Glennon's contract, they would have to eat 4.5 mill (but would free up 11.5 mill in cap space)
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/mike-glennon-12354/

Last edited:
He didn't go for his head, got there later than he wanted and missed that chest area, ended up getting him in the head as he was falling. Hope Adams get back right.

I am genuinely surprised that anybody could say that he didn't go for his head.

Jon Stewart dragged those fools. I'm not a fan of shows like his but I can appreciate someone being called out for everyone to see.

1) teams are not obligated to hand out any 'C's for jersey purposes

2) teams have the ability to name captains on a per game basis and make 'honorary' captains for those games

3) the selection process is decided by the coaches.. they can choose to give that option to the players

With the eagles this is the first year in a while that we named 5 captains before the season.. the coach gave the players the ability to vote on those 5

Our 6th captain will rotate on a game to game basis

Thanks for numbering it out for me, but not needed if you've never been in a locker room before. An obligation is irrelevant in this conversation. You're going rule-based and no, it's not required, but most all organizations (despite what the **** the Eagles do) have their own methodologies for naming captains. Most of which are bestowed upon the players to make that choice.

I'm sick of trying to discuss things with you. You try and come at things from a legal perspective even though it's a completely misplaced directive and solely based on your last semester of what you recently learned in law school or some ****. :lol:

Keep posting the latest tweets, because arguing ain't your thing.

I am genuinely surprised that anybody could say that he didn't go for his head.

I think he tried to hit him in the chest but Adams' head was going straight down cause he was already being tackled. Caught him there instead.

I've only seen the replay once but that's what it looked like to me.

I think he tried to hit him in the chest but Adams' head was going straight down cause he was already being tackled. Caught him there instead.

I've only seen the replay once but that's what it looked like to me.

Not really the point though. Everyone can agree that the player with the ball might be moving or going down to where it's a bang-bang play. What is inexcusable his the dude leading with the crown of his head. Throwing your body out there like that is stupid on many levels and as I said before, he put himself in danger. Nobody, no coach or anyone teaches to do that. It was a clear aggression play and uncalled for.

An obligation is irrelevant in this conversation. You're going rule-based and no, it's not required, but most all organizations.

Obligations and rules don't matter...

but not needed if you've never been in a locker room before.

What level and sport would be good enough for you mr expert?

You try and come at things from a legal perspective even though it's a completely misplaced directive and solely based on your last semester of what you recently learned in law school or some ****. :lol:.

Kinda what I do for a living..

And my last "semester" was learning how to procedurally apply the law I learned in law school, which was bar school.. and before you became an expert at that too, elsewhere in the world isn't like the US where you sit a bar exam.. in England, you do a course with a couple of exams and procedural applications of the law you should have learned from obtaining your law degree to qualify for the course.. also obligated to do a pupillage year within 5 years of being called, which I've done

Last edited:
Track definitely does not count. :lol

You can say that's a team sport all you want, but it ain't and nowhere near comparable to football. Completely different environment and the dynamic of choosing a team captain between the two is nowhere the same, before you even try to go there.

I know you do that for a living. And you suck at making a good point. That's mine.

is it really unfathomable that his teammates named Glennon captain.

yeah, he sucks but it happens all the time.

Track definitely does not count. :lol:

You can say that's a team sport all you want, but it ain't and nowhere near comparable to football. Completely different environment and the dynamic of choosing a team captain between the two is nowhere the same, before you even try to go there.

I know you do that for a living. And you suck at making a good point. That's mine.

Played football in high school..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom