**LOCK NEEDED** 2018-19 NFL thread/ macbk has his back stabbed. Everyone go to nickmaz' thread!

Once and for all - who should create the new 2018-19 Season Thread?

• macbk

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • aNYone

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Nike Jordan

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • No new thread, keep this current one as is

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • nickmaz

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're the lawyer, what are you unsure about? If you're hating on someone being voted captain in the NFL, but use track and HS football as your basis for why Glennon's designation was essentially handed to him, then you're portraying ignorance through your lack of knowledge and understanding on the subject. It's apparently unintentional, but it's a claim of ignorance, no less...

Hold up..I just got notified that quell quoted me...let's see what this fool wants...

my assumption about teams wanting to name the starting qb a captain is based on watching the NFL

Not sure what the sports I participated in have to do with that, but ok.. obviously I don't play for bears or even root for them (unless they play certain teams)

and not every single team follows the same guidelines.. and I don't care enough about the bears or glennon to 'hate on him' I just find it funny

It's litty!! :pimp:

sJHuZc.jpg

:lol: Why are you so confident all of a sudden?

"Ya'll named..." I have no idea who the Vikings captains are...I'm not a player on that team either, so however they voted is up to them. Glad you could finagle this supposed debate into the direction of the team I root for since you have no clear idea what the **** you're talking about, per usual. Another clear sign you were at a dead end and had no other way to play it. "yeah, well...your team is this or isn't that..." Lawyer...:lol:

We were talking about the Bears, remember? The Eagles were barely a point and it was only because you brought them up...The Vikings have nothing to do with it, so tell me why I'm sensitive? I'm calling you out on your ********...not the Eagles..You!..own up.

And if Sam was voted a captain, I'm pretty sure he deserves it.

Here is what I was going to say to your other response originally before I wanted to dead it:

There have been many a backup QB's who have been leaders on teams. When teams vote, it speaks volumes. You're discounting it based on what you think you see.

If you didn't feel the sports you participated in had any impact on your point, then why did you readily make them known when I asked? Then, only to dispute its validity to your "point" when I told you why it wasn't the same? It takes certain sports on certain levels even to understand the camaraderie as to why someone like a Mike Glennon would be named a team captain.

You cared enough to try and make a point about how you thought it was ludicrous how he could be a captain, so I don't buy it. If you don't care, then why say anything at all? Just hatin', man. In your mind, he sucks, therefore, he shouldn't be captain. That standpoint is devoid of the things you don't know and can't understand because you're only a bystander with no real clue on the culture.

I had a better response to what I saw your reply was to that quote,which you edited to, "nevermind," which prompted my other response. I was letting it go, but you couldn't shut the **** up could you?

Thought you were the bears expert since you know every single detail about what went down in their camp how a free agent signing became a team captain.. after they drafted a dude as his same position 3rd overall

4.5 mill in dead money is "cut clean"?

And maybe you should pick up a law book before you start talking about how contracts work, just maybe.. or maybe actually knowing the details of the contract would help, again just maybe

O and glennon has a 16 mill cap hit next season if they don't cut or trade him.. or they could try restructuring but ya kinda need two to party for that, sorry one of those law books things

Eh. He can get cut next training camp and they're wiped clean from it. Contracts in the NFL are all bark and no bite. It doesn't really matter. For trade value, maybe, but Trubisky will need a backup though.

I was being facetious. Where the **** you been when we have been talking about these NFL contracts for years now? Glennon takes backseat next year and you pay him as a backup to Trubisky, he's cut soon after that, then what difference does his contract make?

I said the same thing after Kaep signed his deal, which was monstrous at that time, which I was right about...so, you think I all of a sudden forgot how it works? Don't be dense.

Pat yourself on the back as you divert the conversation from the captain theme we started with over to contracts, btw. Fliped to ch. 11 did we? Can't discuss real ****, so let's go back to the loophole of a facetious comment I made on contracts.

Here is what I was going to say to your other response originally before I wanted to dead it:

There have been many a backup QB's who have been leaders on teams. When teams vote, it speaks volumes. You're discounting it based on what you think you see.

If you didn't feel the sports you participated in had any impact on your point, then why did you readily make them known when I asked? Then, only to dispute its validity to your "point" when I told you why it wasn't the same? It takes certain sports on certain levels even to understand the camaraderie as to why someone like a Mike Glennon would be named a team captain.

You cared enough to try and make a point about how you thought it was ludicrous how he could be a captain, so I don't buy it. If you don't care, then why say anything at all? Just hatin', man. In your mind, he sucks, therefore, he shouldn't be captain. That standpoint is devoid of the things you don't know and can't understand because you're only a bystander with no real clue on the culture.

I had a better response to what I saw your reply was to that quote,which you edited to, "nevermind," which prompted my other response. I was letting it go, but you couldn't shut the **** up could you?

Good lord I did all of this in these two responses.. I hope you pick a psychology textbook in your free time

Just noticed they made glennon a captain

:rofl:
First year with team.. and didn't he bish about them taking the qb high.. plus we'll see how long he keeps the starting job and even remains with the team

Can't discuss real ****, so let's go back to the loophole of a facetious comment I made on contracts.

So the contract is fake?

Or you didn't pretend to be an expert on that one too?

How about more tales from the bears locker room?

Since you're supposedly in the know, how about telling me about Jordan Howard's shoulder?

Cause he is literally the only player on the bears I follow on a weekly basis

You didn't make a point, buddy. You questioned why Glennon was a captain, I said more goes into it then what you see on the field. Nothing you've shown really disputes you know what you're talking about except for your own assumptions about QB play as it relates to captain-worthiness.

I said the same thing after Kaep signed his deal, which was monstrous at that time, which I was right about...so, you think I all of a sudden forgot how it works? Don't be dense.

So kaep and glennon signed the exact same contract.. whoa.. it all makes sense

Like why would I even need to go look at another player's contract when I can simply look at the terms of kaep's

I mean why even hire lawyers, when they can just reprint that bad boy

So the contract is fake?

Or you didn't pretend to be an expert on that one too?

How about more tales from the bears locker room?

Since you're supposedly in the know, how about telling me about Jordan Howard's shoulder?

Cause he is literally the only player on the bears I follow on a weekly basis

:lol: Bro...Contracts have been disputed 'round here for a grip now. It's clear how it works.

Tales from the Bears locker room:

The Bears called Mike Glennon their leader all through training camp. Then they backed it up on Monday, voting the quarterback one of the five captains.

“It just speaks volumes of what he means to our football team and his leadership role now, for not only our offense but for our team,” tight end Zach Miller said.

“He takes control of the huddle,” receiver Kevin White said. “On and off the field, he’s a great guy.”

Just my tales though...FOH...

I have no idea about Howard's shoulder, but yet again, it's irrespective of the point. Don't they tell you to stay on course in law school?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom