Lock please, thanks. Warriors 2011/2012 Thread Up.

[h1]Sources: Warriors eye Mike Brown[/h1]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown and Dallas Mavericks assistant coach Dwane Casey will receive two of the first interviews that the Golden State Warriors conduct in their search to replace Keith Smart, according to sources close to the process.

Brown, an ESPN NBA analyst, and the Warriors have registered mutual interest in discussing the job since Smart's dismissal on April 27 and are expected to meet formally soon, sources said.

The Warriors, sources said, have also requested and received permission from the Mavericks to interview Casey, with an interview expected to take place before Dallas begins its Western Conference finals series against either Oklahoma City or Memphis, which will start Sunday at the earliest.

It's believed that the Warriors also have strong interest in Boston Celtics assistant coach Lawrence Frank. ESPN.com reported Friday that Frank and Casey have emerged as two of the Houston Rockets' most serious candidates, with the Houston Chronicle reporting Monday that TNT's Kevin McHale is also a Rockets finalist.

But Warriors officials have also spoken of their desire to take their time with the search to interview several candidates, not unlike the Rockets' approach in their search to replace Rick Adelman.

NBA coaching sources say that the Warriors also do intend to reach out to coaching veterans Jeff Van Gundy (also an ESPN NBA analyst) and Jerry Sloan to gauge their interest in succeeding Smart, but it is not immediately known if those conversations will progress to the interview stage.

Warriors general manager Larry Riley has said little publicly about the search but has not ruled out the possibility that the team would make a hire before the June 23rd NBA Draft.

Brown, the 2008-09 NBA Coach of the Year, coached the Cavaliers for five seasons and posted a record of 272-138 before his dismissal after last season's second-round loss to the Boston Celtics.

The 54-year-old Casey has been waiting for second shot at a top job since being dismissed by the Minnesota Timberwolves with a record of 20-20 during the 2006-07 season. He narrowly missed out on coaching jobs last summer with the Atlanta Hawks and Los Angeles Clippers and could see his chances in Houston boosted by his association with Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle, who is highly regarded by the Rockets. Casey has been working largely as the Mavericks' defensive coordinator since coming to Dallas with Carlisle starting with the 2008-09 season.

Smart took over shortly before last season and posted a 36-46 record after Don Nelson was informed by new owner Joe Lacob and Riley in September that he would not be retained. The Warriors are thus looking for their third coach in three seasons, which prompted Riley to say "some stability once we make the next selection" is high on Golden State's list of goals.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Don't care for Mike Brown. I don't remember all of the names listed, but Lawrence Frank and Dwane Casey are probably my top choices unless they can lure a better coach out of retirement. What's Adelman's situation? Is he still interested in coaching?

Don't care for Mike Brown. I don't remember all of the names listed, but Lawrence Frank and Dwane Casey are probably my top choices unless they can lure a better coach out of retirement. What's Adelman's situation? Is he still interested in coaching?

I don't understand all the hatred Mike Brown receives. I know a lot has to do with LeBron and some clips, but he was a top assistant in San Antonio when they were a top defensive team. I'm not saying he's a great or even a good coach, but people talk like he's a horrible coach and I don't understand why.

I don't understand all the hatred Mike Brown receives. I know a lot has to do with LeBron and some clips, but he was a top assistant in San Antonio when they were a top defensive team. I'm not saying he's a great or even a good coach, but people talk like he's a horrible coach and I don't understand why.

Mike Brown
sick.gif

Originally Posted by WErunSF

Maybe this year our front office will do it right......

and get a strong 3.

You stay saying the dumbest #+$!.  Our 3 is not the problem with this team. 
laugh.gif

And are you guys serious about not willing to trade Curry if it landed Gasol?

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

Oh that i must've forgot and didn't know.  Hmmm...well that changes my thoughts slightly but he didn't really seem to do what it do in Cleveland.  He looked lost at times and has like one play drawn called the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air give the ball to Will" play.

Anyway, I guess he wouldn't be TOO bad since he has some Spurs winning blood in him.

As far as Curry for Gasol, i'd do it EARLY!  Pau is STILL one of the best bigs and will finally give us a LEGIT low post option.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Oh that i must've forgot and didn't know.  Hmmm...well that changes my thoughts slightly but he didn't really seem to do what it do in Cleveland.  He looked lost at times and has like one play drawn called the "Fresh Prince of Bel Air give the ball to Will" play.

Anyway, I guess he wouldn't be TOO bad since he has some Spurs winning blood in him.

As far as Curry for Gasol, i'd do it EARLY!  Pau is STILL one of the best bigs and will finally give us a LEGIT low post option.

Originally Posted by dland24

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

please enlighten me since u are the best sports caster for any bay area sport... Im tired of having bench 3's starting all the time. WHO THE FFFF is dorrel wright? ive almost given up on defense which is why i dont agree with all the bigmen talk. everyone talking about trading curry for dwight and pau cuz yakno, we need another 4 and 5. We might as well make the warriors a D-league team if all we do is hype up players then trade em away once they get good. 
so please dland please tell me what the warriors need right now so i can say your wrong. 

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

please enlighten me since u are the best sports caster for any bay area sport... Im tired of having bench 3's starting all the time. WHO THE FFFF is dorrel wright? ive almost given up on defense which is why i dont agree with all the bigmen talk. everyone talking about trading curry for dwight and pau cuz yakno, we need another 4 and 5. We might as well make the warriors a D-league team if all we do is hype up players then trade em away once they get good. 
so please dland please tell me what the warriors need right now so i can say your wrong. 

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

I have no idea what your point is.
And sportscaster? dland is on TV now? Or is it radio? Congrats bro. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

I have no idea what your point is.
And sportscaster? dland is on TV now? Or is it radio? Congrats bro. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Our biggest need is a SF? You have got to be joking with that right?
laugh.gif

Sure we can go pursue a 3 and still have the combination of Lee and Biedrins anchoring our front line again. I mean we can afford to give Biedrins another shot to return to his peak of 2007-2009 which is not much more than what he is giving now. But hey let's bypass that cause Dorrel Wright is sooo bad.

roll.gif

Our biggest need is a SF? You have got to be joking with that right?
laugh.gif

Sure we can go pursue a 3 and still have the combination of Lee and Biedrins anchoring our front line again. I mean we can afford to give Biedrins another shot to return to his peak of 2007-2009 which is not much more than what he is giving now. But hey let's bypass that cause Dorrel Wright is sooo bad.

who cares what dude has to say.  He shouldnt be taken seriously AT ALL.
i mean...he said this in the NHL thread:

WErunSF wrote:
^^^ wont matter Sharks Penguins in the Finals see you there

laugh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

who cares what dude has to say.  He shouldnt be taken seriously AT ALL.
i mean...he said this in the NHL thread:

WErunSF wrote:
^^^ wont matter Sharks Penguins in the Finals see you there

laugh.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

For the coaching position Phil Jackson or bust
laugh.gif

But whoever we get I hope it's a defensive minded coach. We could follow the Bulls template and what they did this year. Put an emphasis on defense and let Monta shoot the lights out, with curry running point.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

But whoever we get I hope it's a defensive minded coach. We could follow the Bulls template and what they did this year. Put an emphasis on defense and let Monta shoot the lights out, with curry running point.
laugh.gif

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at our biggest need is at the 3.

and get a strong 3.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
at our biggest need is at the 3.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That would make no sense though
laugh.gif
Phil leaving Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom for us? Nahhh.

Originally Posted by cornzilla

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
That would make no sense though
laugh.gif
Phil leaving Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Odom for us? Nahhh.

Back
Top Bottom