LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

Flip is on crack if he thinks he'll get all that. The only thing bad I see with this is we're headed back to the old dubs. The don't give a **** about defense. Getting rid of mark, getting Steve "triangle offense" Kerr. And now getting love. I honestly love klay. He's still a raw talent. I like how the team is now and I want them
To get a couple more tires at it. Why fix something that isn't necessarily broken. I don't think love is the answer

If w's don't get Love cause they didn't want trade Klay........

Lebron James anyone?

Flip is trippin if he thinks Klay + Lee + Barnes + Pick

That's risking too much; puts too many wholes in our roster.

KLAY + D.LEE ... take it or leave it. 

I'm content with keeping our current warrior comradery.

I've read an updated article where the warriors don't want to include klay into the deal. And Minnesota is being stubborn and sayjng they want to include kevin Martin in the deal.

I think a fair trade would be Barnes, lee, 2015 first round pick for love and Martin. To take martins contact for the player he is, would be a major L in itself

Report: Lakers in talks to trade No. 7 pick for Klay Thompson, as part of deal that would send Kevin Love to Warriors

The Lakers may indeed be getting involved in the Kevin Love trade talks, but not in the way that fans in Los Angeles had initially hoped.

The latest report has L.A. dangling the number seven pick in the upcoming draft in exchange for Klay Thompson, with that pick then being flipped to the Timberwolves as Love would theoretically end up with the Warriors.

The Lakers seem ready, but the Warriors and Timberwolves, somewhat understandably, have their reservations.

The Warriors, however, are trying to keep their high-scoring backcourt tandem of Thompson and Stephen Curry together, while acquiring Love at the same time.

Minnesota isn’t necessarily in any rush to trade Love, and the franchise will want to make sure it gets some reasonable assets in return for dealing its best player. But it’s unclear if Thompson is even desirable for the Timberwolves, because if he continues to play at his current level, he’ll be in line for a monster contract when he hits restricted free agency the season after next, and Minnesota would surely need to add additional pieces in order to compete out West.

For the Lakers, grabbing Thompson makes a bit more sense.

L.A. has only three players signed to guaranteed contracts for next season in Kobe Bryant, Steve Nash and Robert Sacre — not exactly the kind of Big Three that wins you championships. The Lakers are also a franchise that isn’t interested in a patient rebuild, and would rather add proven star-level talent now to try to begin their rise back to respectability.

Things are complicated by the fact that the seven pick may or may not yield a franchise cornerstone. This is certainly expected to be a deeper draft than usual, but unless someone like Joel Embiid drops significantly, there’s no sure-fire choice to be made that would guarantee either future or immediate success.

The Lakers trading the pick for an established talent would make a lot of sense. But considering that the Warriors aren’t eager to part with Thompson, even in a deal that would net them Kevin Love, they may have to shop it somewhere else.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....rriors/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

From Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times:

The Lakers have been in discussions to acquire Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson for the seventh pick in next week’s draft, The Times has learned.

The deal would be part of a larger three-way trade that sends Minnesota All-Star power forward Kevin Love to the Warriors. The Lakers are interested but the deal has been put on hold because of a difference in opinion within the Warriors’ organization whether or not to keep Thompson while trying to obtain Love.

From Tim Kawakami of the Mercury News:

A few hours ago an NBA source insisted to me that the Warriors flat-out will not agree to any of the proposals Minnesota is currently suggesting in the Kevin Love discussions. …

The first stumbling block: The Warriors are making it clear to everyone in the league, including Minnesota president Flip Saunders, that they very much do not want to part with Klay Thompson, the key part of any Minnesota demand.

my only concern with keeping klay around is what his contract will look like when it's time to resign him. Better we trade him before we lose him to FA or sign him to max. I remember Papa saying on 95.7 that Klay will likely demand/receive max money, and to not be surprised if the warriors do so.

Klay probably hasn't reached his ceiling, but I don't think he's a 2guard worth Joe Johnson-money. our best 2-way player on some nights, but not often enough. the potential to have a big like kevin love doesn't come around too often, take advantage of it by any means necessary

The only player the deserves Joe Johnson money is LeBron and even he wouldn't ask for that.
The most I'm assuming he could get is what Cousins signed last offseason 4- $62, but he isn't getting that.

my only concern with keeping klay around is what his contract will look like when it's time to resign him. Better we trade him before we lose him to FA or sign him to max. I remember Papa saying on 95.7 that Klay will likely demand/receive max money, and to not be surprised if the warriors do so.

Klay probably hasn't reached his ceiling, but I don't think he's a 2guard worth Joe Johnson-money. our best 2-way player on some nights, but not often enough. the potential to have a big like kevin love doesn't come around too often, take advantage of it by any means necessary

Like Jurgin Klinnmann said, the problem with American sports is we play players for past achievements, ending up overpaying a lot of times. Klay may not deserve max money based on how he plays now, but he has the potential to be worth it and that's how he should be paid since he's barely even starting to enter his prime. His contract will end up being worth it as he progresses. I have no qualms with him getting a max contract but I don't think that should come from us.

Like Jurgin Klinnmann said, the problem with American sports is we play players for past achievements, ending up overpaying a lot of times. Klay may not deserve max money based on how he plays now, but he has the potential to be worth it and that's how he should be paid since he's barely even starting to enter his prime. His contract will end up being worth it as he progresses. I have no qualms with him getting a max contract but I don't think that should come from us.

paying a player based on potential growth is a recipe for disaster. just ask andris biedrins

I think the Warriors would deal Klay if Minnesota finally decides to give up their 1st round pick in the draft. This is all about both teams trying to get the most out of the deal that they possibly can.

Last edited:
Why would Minnesota give up a 1st round pick? that makes no sense, if anything GSW should give MIN a pick

Why would Minnesota give up a 1st round pick? that makes no sense, if anything GSW should give MIN a pick

Do you understand kevin Martin would be included in the deal....? 3 years for 22 mil left on his contract for the most one dimensional player in the league... Nah

The fact the lakers have a huge hard on for klay makes me not want to do this trade even more. I want to see the best backcourt of all time become the best backcourt of all time.

Why would the Warriors have to break the bank for a player on the last year of his deal. TWolves are askin for too much it could cost them when he leaves after season and they get nothing.

If lacob and Myers are smart, they'll hold out for as long as possible. The wolves will panic and will think they might see love walk for nothing. That's when we come in and swoop him without giving up klay

Why would the Warriors have to break the bank for a player on the last year of his deal. TWolves are askin for too much it could cost them when he leaves after season and they get nothing.
I don't think FO is that dumb to do the deal without a sign and trade.

The fact the lakers have a huge hard on for klay makes me not want to do this trade even more. I want to see the best backcourt of all time become the best backcourt of all time.

*best shooting backcourt of all time

don't get me wrong, i love the combination of klay and steph, but are we overvaluing klay a little too much here? we can find another 2 guard thru FA or the draft (especially if we attain the pick from the lakers or wolves).

i already got a gf, but damn it, i want some Love in my life. how much are defenses going to suffer when steph drives the lane and they collapse, only to have him kick it out to a wide open Love. a stretch-4 player like him could do wonders for this team.

Last edited:
I don't think FO is that dumb to do the deal without a sign and trade.

Well it wouldnt be a sign and trade, but just an extension in place......

But I honestly think we would do the trade regardless. Lets say it is just Lee and Klay for Love with no extension for Love in place. As already noted, Klay wants a max deal and is up after next season. Love wants a max deal and is up after next season. So whats the difference if we wouldnt have Love locked up longterm? We dont have Klay locked up longterm.

There is one huge difference though........gettin to dump David Lee. I would make the trade without an extension in place for Love for this reason alone.

"League source says that Celtics assistant Ron Adams has accepted a position to join Steve Kerr’s staff in GSW."

- @ BaxterHolmes

Adams was Thibs top assistant before he joined the Celtics staff last year

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom