LOCK THIS UP. GO TO SEASON THREAD!

would LOVE for it to be San Francisco Warriors since that was the original team. But lacob is a business man and keeping golden state keeps the east bay fans supporting after the move to SF which I don't mind as long as the team is playing in San Francisco

The original team was the Philadelphia Warriors. I don't get why people care so much, honestly. Some fans are acting like they are the Oakland Warriors, but I'd say more than half of the fans that go to games aren't even from Oakland.

Last edited:
SF Warriors! Love it. 
pimp.gif

If SF warriors is true... a comeback of a new and improved "city" jersey would be SICK

Cant wait for a new jersey design. :pimp:
Are you serious? These are the best jerseys in the league and its not even close. I hope they dont change a thing.

You and I have discussed is before. I couldn't disagree stronger. The fact that our jerseys say "Golden State Warriors" on it is so rec league to me. No team in professional sports has both their city and team name on it but us. I am also partial to having different home and away designs, although I am aware that a handful of NBA teams dont have that.

Last edited:

Cant wait for a new jersey design.
pimp.gif
Are you serious? These are the best jerseys in the league and its not even close. I hope they dont change a thing.
You and I have discussed is before. I couldn't disagree stronger. The fact that our jerseys say "Golden State Warriors" on it is so rec league to me. No team in professional sports has both their city and team name on it but us. I am also partial to having different home and away designs, although I am aware that a handful of NBA teams dont have that.
Fair enough, can we at least agree that the color scheme should remain unchanged? Its what makes those jerseys great

Cant wait for a new jersey design.
pimp.gif
Fair enough, can we at least agree that the color scheme should remain unchanged? Its what makes those jerseys great
I like do like the blue, yellow and white, but I am not sure about keeping the solid blue and solid white.  I guess I am just partial to these:

I also dont care for the collar of our current jerseys much.

Last edited:

I like do like the blue, yellow and white, but I am not sure about keeping the solid blue and solid white.  I guess I am just partial to these:

I also dont care for the collar of our current jerseys much.
same exact way i feel! i hate the collars on the current jerseys and those you posted are my favs. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
^^ I Like!

Better than their short sleeve yellow jerseys... with the pinstriped shorts..... :x

For those who are against trading Klay, I think this is spot on (most specifically the bolded):
Just for the record, it’s getting tougher and tougher to see which side looks worse here: the Warriors for refusing to part with Klay, or the Wolves for convincing themselves that Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes, and two years of overpriced David Lee ($31 million) are enough to make this deal worth it.

If the Warriors are serious about keeping Klay, they win the idiot sweepstakes. Klay Thompson’s just good enough to command huge money in free agency next year, meaning they’d have to commit to building their team around Klay and Steph Curry long-term. Even if Kevin Love doesn’t automatically make them contenders next year, building around Curry and Love for the next few years looks MUCH better. So much better. It doesn’t matter if they give up good players like Harrison Barnes to do it, or if they have to take back Kevin Martin.

They’d be getting rid of Klay and David Lee, two players who are good enough to command playing time and big money and touches on offense, but limited enough to keep Golden State from ever hitting the next level. In return, they pair Steph Curry with one of the 10 best players in basketball for the next five years. This shouldn’t be that complicated.

If the Wolves are serious about building a Love trade around a 2-guard who will be lucky to match Joe Johnson’s production for the next 10 years … well, they definitely win the idiot sweepstakes. In fact, the Warriors are probably playing coy with Klay to try to drive up his value over the next week. The more Golden State management acts like it doesn’t want to give him up, the more it’ll feel like a coup for the Wolves if they can finally wrestle him away. That’s gotta be what’s happening here, right? And it’s gonna end with one of the most one-sided trades of this century?
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/r...cleveland-and-important-offseason-instagrams/

Chad Ford talking on Love to GSW   ~28:20 mins

TL:DL

GS and Minny agreed on principles (Klay and Lee for Love and Martin) but right now haggling on the details (picks, Barnes, Barea)

Chad Ford also says that Kevin Love definitely wants to come here and his agent is pushing to get it done.

Also in the podcast

LeBron to … the Warriors?

Ford:  If you have Steph Curry, and if you have Kevin Love, why isn’t Golden State a compelling destination for LeBron?

Simmons:  Oh, wow.

Ford:  Great market. Steve Kerr is a good coach. Steph Curry, Kevin Love, two players that are better right now — Steph Curry is better than Dwyane Wade, Kevin Love is better than Chris Bosh. Golden State, if they do that [Klay Thompson and David Lee] deal and don’t take on [J.J.] Barea, can move Andre Iguodala to a team with cap space. They can move him. They can move Harrison Barnes to a team with cap space if they need to. Or they can do a deal with Miami if they wanted to do a sign-and-trade or what have you. They could get LeBron in.

Simmons:  Interesting. Miami isn’t helping them, though. If I’m Miami, I’m going down with the LeBron ship.

Last edited:
I will not get excited over this banter.

:smh:

Overlooked connection - he played on the Oakland Soldiers II in HS didn't he? :lol:

If the warriors don't land Love I'd love for them to find a way to land Greg Monroe who is a restricted free agent. He'd be the perfect2nd option replacement for Lee. I think he gets a lowball offer bc teams will try to keep cap space for the superstars.

Just need a place to dump lee. Too bad Joe Dummars isn't the Pistons GM anymore :lol:

Golden State Warriors will almost certainly be renamed San Francisco Warriors (new logos also use black). pic.twitter.com/3HFQUoVlUW
— RealGM (@RealGM) June 23, 2014

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

I think someone mentioned here renaming the team to the Bay Area Warriors which I liked a lot. Mainly because of the possibility that we could simply get "The Bay" on our Jerseys :smokin

The "bay" sounds ghetto and doesn't sound presentable...

Only to ***** *** yuppies and trustafarians. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom