Lock

The Twins can go to hell... they want Hughes, Melky AND Kennedy?!

Get outta here.
laugh.gif

Never heard of the dude we traded Clippard for... is he solid?

dude on ESPN earlier said that the Reds have expressed high interest in the services of Dontrelle Willis.
happy.gif

Krivsky has had interest in Willis since he's been here. I've always loved the way Dontrelle plays and he'd be a perfect fit here.

take that for what it's worth.....(nothing).
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

dude on ESPN earlier said that the Reds have expressed high interest in the services of Dontrelle Willis.
happy.gif

Krivsky has had interest in Willis since he's been here. I've always loved the way Dontrelle plays and he'd be a perfect fit here.

take that for what it's worth.....(nothing).
ohwell.gif
Marlins said they're keeping Willis.

The Twins G.M. is a joke. Lester Crisp Lowrie Matterson package better than Hughes Melky and another prospect? Thats insane. HOw do you demand the #1 pitchingprospect in baseball be included in the deal and than say you want Kennedy too? And how the hell is Lester/Crisp anywhere near a Hughes/Melky package???

Originally Posted by J RAIN 23

BREAKING NEWS: TYLER CLIPPARD IS A NAT!
pimp.gif

Nats Note: A source with knowledge of the situation said the Nationals traded reliever Jonathan Albaladejo to the New York Yankees in exchange for right-hander Tyler Clippard, pending physical examinations of both players. The 22-year-old, who went 3-1 with a 6.33 ERA filling in for the Yankees this year, has a 3.52 ERA over five minor league seasons. He should immediately be a contender for Washington's rotation. Bowden did not return messages seeking comment on the deal.
believe it or not, when i thought of players i would realistically want from the skanks one of the main players was clip. he's got some serious stuff. i was incredibly impressed by his showing on sunday night baseball @ shea in his first major league start. i knew we could get him for cheap too since he's overshadowed by hughes and kennedy. he'll def be competing for a spot in the starting rotation.

first milledge (22), then dukes (23), now clip (22), jimbo's not playing around with this youth movement!

You realize he sucks right?

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

The Twins can go to hell...
The Twins G.M. is a joke.

I love it
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Twins keep on keepin on, they got all the leverage and Santana is that good.
tongue.gif

Stick to your guns Billy Smith
smokin.gif

I dont know if you're a Twins fan, but if I was one I'd be pissed my team is trading the best pitcher in the leagye for 5 players where Lester isthe best one. Lester is a 3-4 starter with no control and crisp is pretty expensive and sucks. Phil Hughes is an ace potential and Melky is very young and didwell when he started. F' it though, I'll keep Hughes any day of the week and twice on sunday. He is a beast.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

img5863222.jpg

We got new jerseys, no word on whether were going to make a move this off season.

Yes I'm mad.
pimp.gif
i like them. at least i'll enjoy looking at these jerseys while u guys sweep us in toronot again
smh.gif
mad.gif

Lester is a 3-4 starter with no control
eyes.gif

Talking like Hughes is potentially SO much better. Lester is 11-2 in his career, and 23 years old.

F' it though, I'll keep Hughes any day of the week and twice on sunday. He is a beast.
Over Johan? Yeah, okay. You're just mad the Yankees haven't gotten a deal accepted yet.

I dont know if you're a Twins fan, but if I was one I'd be pissed my team is trading the best pitcher in the leagye for 5 players where Lester is the best one. Lester is a 3-4 starter with no control and crisp is pretty expensive and sucks. Phil Hughes is an ace potential and Melky is very young and did well when he started. F' it though, I'll keep Hughes any day of the week and twice on sunday. He is a beast.

Ya I am a Twins guy. And i often dispise the way the run their team. But what I rarely question is their scouts' opinions and their finaldecisions on trades. They're trustworthy and they know what they are doing. If they take Boston's offer Im sure they have their reasons. And they alsohave their reasons for sitting on their hands until they get an offer they cant pass up. Just sad we are saying goodbye to Johan but it's time to move on.

The Twins have many holes right now in their starting 9, they want those holes filed short term too. This Johan trade is the best way to do that.

Crisp does not excite me but oh well he's much better than anything the Twins have now.

FYI For anyone who is interested, Reliever Joe Nathan will also be on the market more than likely once this trade goes down.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Lester is a 3-4 starter with no control
eyes.gif

Talking like Hughes is potentially SO much better. Lester is 11-2 in his career, and 23 years old.

F' it though, I'll keep Hughes any day of the week and twice on sunday. He is a beast.
Over Johan? Yeah, okay. You're just mad the Yankees haven't gotten a deal accepted yet.

Not that it matters but I mainly post on a yankees forum and I was against Hughes in ANY deal from the first article published that stated he was includedin an offer so dont tell me what I'm mad about and yes, Hughes is SO much better.
Jon Lester posted a 3.33 ERA and a 1.31 WHIP in his minor league career. Hughes in comparison posted a 2.03 ERA and a 0.86 WHIP. He is a superiorprospect to Lester. Bucholz and Hughes are more comparable.

[h3]What's up with Andruw?[/h3]
The Dodgers are scanning the center-field and third-base markets and appear to be strongly considering Andruw Jones, a superstar who may wind up being a bargain after his uncharacteristically poor season at the plate.

The Giants, Royals and Rangers are also in the mix for Jones, and someone suggested that the Brewers could even get involved, provided it was on a short-term basis. However, Brewers people painted that as an extreme longshot. The Rangers also are looking at something short-term for Jones, who would have been in line to top Vernon Wells' $126 million contract and perhaps even Alfonso Soriano's $136 million blockbuster had he posted his usual numbers.

The Royals, with former Braves executive Dayton Moore as their GM, are an interesting possibility. They have the money for a change, as they offered Torii Hunter $70 million for five years and told him they would go higher.

The Mets looked like another major longshot, provided Jones would consider moving to right field, unlikely in that he is the best center fielder of this generation and isn't slowing down defensively (he led the National league with 400-plus putouts in 2007). The Mets tried the two-center-fielder setup with Carlos Beltran and Mike Cameron. (Cameron decided he wanted to stay in center after first giving the Mets the go-ahead to sign Beltran.)

Jones, who's only 30, could be an excellent value now considering he has averaged 37 home runs and 112 RBIs over his past five seasons, compared to 24 and 89 for Hunter, who got $90 million over five years from the Angels, and 16 and 60 for Aaron Rowand.

Jones, who had 26 home runs and 94 RBIs but hit only .222 last year, has seven 30-home run seasons compared to one for Hunter and none for Rowand. Jones has had by far the better career than Hunter. He's also two years younger. But it's a case of, What have you done lately? And it's hurting Jones.

Jones' old team, the Braves, are still looking for a center-fielder but have said they won't try to keep Jones and will go with youth instead.

[h4]Report: Dodgers offer Andruw 2-3 year deal[/h4]
Andruw Jones: I can tell you, my hunch last week about Andruw to the Dodgers looks pretty good about now. First team that's been connected to him so far is the Dodgers, who may or may not have a two- or three-year offer on the table for the 10-time Glove Glove winner who roamed center field for the Braves for a decade. I'd expect Boras to wait and try driving up the price a little more, because right now we're probably talking perhaps one-quarter of the overall value Boras once indicated Jones would be worth. I've heard about $15-16 mill per year is what Dodgers are talking, and again that's only for two or possibly three years. -- Atlanta Journal-Constitution

[h4]

Jones is a gamble I would love to take. I would even go as far as to saying he should get a 3-4 year deal @ 16 per year. I just think he had a bad yearlast season.

[/h4]
[h3]Dodgers, Mets try for Bedard[/h3]
The Mets and Dodgers are at the forefront of talks involving Orioles ace lefty Erik Bedard, but Baltimore president/GM Andy MacPhail is expected to take his time.

The Phillies, Yankees, Red Sox and Blue Jays were also thought to have interest, but O's owner Peter Angelos had told people that he has no intention of trading Bedard within the division, meaning the Yankees, Red Sox and Blue Jays can probably forget it.

The Mets offered a combination of outfielder Carlos Gomez, pitching prospect Phil Humber and reliever Aaron Heilman for Bedard and are believed willing to make adjustments if they have a realistic shot at landing Bedard (the two players the Mets will not trade are Jose Reyes and David Wright).

The Dodgers are very well-stocked in the minors, and several of their young players would interest Baltimore, including outfielder Matt Kemp, pitching prospect Clayton Kershaw and top reliever Jonathan Broxton. The Dodgers have been understandably reluctant to part with those highly-coveted young players, though.

I don't know about trading Broxton, it just doesn't make sense. Middle relievers, plus Setup men are as much of a premium as a starter. Plus, Broxton will be handed the torch once Takashi Saito is ready to retire. I would rather stay pat, than pay a premium for Bedard. Go for offense, Jonesand Blalock will be good additions.

• Bidding apparently is going wild on Japanese pitcher Hiroki Kuroda. Word in the lobby was that he may get $45 million for three years. The Mariners and Royals -- yes, the Royals again -- are said to be among the many teams pursuing him.

Kuroda is going to go for the money. I think he will land with the Mariners, unless the Royals blow him away with a Gil Meche like offer.

• This was the week to acquire outfielders whose stock has dropped. Following Lastings Milledge's trade to the Nationals were Carlos Quentin's trade to the White Sox and Elijah Dukes' trade to the Nationals (who are home for wayward outfielders). The deal for Dukes followed his latest blowup, and my guess is the Rays are happy to be rid of him. The Rays are considering character under the new regime, and that's a welcome change.

Jim Bowden did a good job of stealing Lastings Milledge from the Mets. However, I don't get the Elijah Dukes move. Sure, he is talented,but you got two other young malcontents in the outfield already. Dukes is nothing but trouble.

[table][tr][td] Ken Rosenthal
FOXSports.com, Updated 1 hour ago [/td] [td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
tools_leftBorder.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
tools_divider.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
tools_divider.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
tools_divider.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
tools_divider.gif
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
tools_rightBorder.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Marlins, stalled in their attempts to trade third baseman Miguel Cabrera, could be laying the groundwork for an even bigger deal.
The Marlins and Tigers are engaged in preliminary talks about a blockbuster that would send Cabrera and left-hander Dontrelle Willis to Detroit for a package of young players, according to major-league sources.
Outfielder Cameron Maybin and left-hander Andrew Miller likely are among the Marlins' targets. The Tigers already feature two veteran left-handed starters, Kenny Rogers and Nate Robertson, possibly making Miller available in a deal for Willis.

Cabrera would play third base for the Tigers. It is uncertain what would happen to the Tigers' incumbent third baseman, Brandon Inge, if a deal were completed; he possibly could be sent to another team.

The Marlins are at an impasse in their talks about Cabrera with the Angels. The teams are in agreement on three players the Marlins would receive, sources say - second baseman Howie Kendrick, catcher Jeff Mathis and minor-league pitcher Nick Adenhart. The Angels are balking at including right-hander Ervin Santana; the substitution of outfielder Reggie Willits possibly could lead to a deal.

[table][tr][td]
moreTeamsOn_header_left.gif
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
moreTeamsOn_header_right.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
moreTeamsOn_footer.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The White Sox remain heavily interested in Cabrera, whom they would use in left field. Sox manager Ozzie Guillen is close with Cabrera and said Monday that the player already has lost 15 pounds this off-season while re-dedicating himself to baseball.

Word is out, that the Angels are out of the running for Cabrera. They are asking for way too much, IMO, causing the Angels and the Dodgers toback out.

The Blue Jays are willing to trade outfielder Alex Rios in a deal for a premium starting pitcher and have talked to the Giants about Tim Lincecum and Matt Cain. The Giants are reluctant to move either pitcher, but would consider a hitter such as Rios, who
is three years away from free agency.

If the Jays traded Rios, they likely would go with Adam Lind in left field and a platoon of Reed Johnson and Matt Stairs in right. Some Jays officials believe that Lind would bat .270 with 20-25 home runs if he were given 500 at-bats.

The chances of the Jays trading for Orioles left-hander Erik Bedard, a native of Canada, are extremely remote. The Orioles are unlikely to trade Bedard within the division, and the Jays cannot offer a strong enough package of prospects for the pitcher.

The Jays also are listening to offers for right-hander A.J. Burnett, but ideally they would add a pitcher such as Cain or Lincecum to a rotation headed by Burnett and Roy Halladay.

The Nationals continue to drive a hard bargain for closer Chad Cordero. The Brewers said no to the Nats' request for second baseman Rickie Weeks, and the Astros were equally dismissive when the Nats asked for reliever Chad Qualls and outfielder Luke Scott.
It is only a matter of time before someone takes advantage of the Giants desperation to add a big bat. Linececum is very talented, but Iwon't be surprised if he Sabean deals him.
The Royals' preliminary agreement with Jose Guillen on a three-year, $36 million contract might not preclude them from making a run at another free-agent outfielder, Andruw Jones. The Royals also are bidding for Japanese free-agent right-hander Hiroki Kuroda, whose price has risen above $40 million for four years. They presumably could redirect that money toward Jones, but probably could sign him only if he agreed to a shorter deal.
I doubt it!
[h3]The Orioles, among the busiest talkers at these meetings, continue to signal that they are trying to trade catcher Ramon Hernandez. They are interested in Michael Barrett as a free agent and want either Jeff Mathis or Mike Napoli as well as pitching if they trade shortstop Miguel Tejada to the Angels, according to source[/h3]
If the deal for Cabrera completely falls apart, Tejada will be an Angel.

And minor league stats mean...?

Lester's first season: 7-2, 4.76, 1.65 (4-0, 4.57, 1.46 this season)
Hughes' first season: 5-3, 4.46, 1.28

So much better.

i think santana is a bad move for both the sox and yankees. the price is too high for both teams imo if they are even trying to look 5 years down the road.

Exactly. Minor league stats for pitching prospects don't mean a whole lot. There are so many supposed pitching aces that have failed based offof that logic. That's why you always trade pitching prospects for sure-thing starters. And I'd say Johan more than fits the bill.

4:49 p.m., from Jayson Stark
• The Twins and Angels continue to talk about a Johan Santana trade. Many of the same players mentioned in the Miguel Cabrera sweepstakes -- Howie Kendrick, Brandan Wood, Nick Adenhart, and possibly Jeff Mathis or Reggie Willits -- would be included in a package for Santana.

^ i dont know how true the johan to angels rumor is cuz i think its just a smokescreen to put more pressure on the marlins and red sox. it'd be nice tohave him, but i would rather build a package around wood instead of kendrick and e. santana instead of adenhart.

Hughe's record doesn't show the pitcher that he is. He was rushed into the rotation with all them injuries that happened to our rotation at thebeginning of the season. He just wasn't ready yet, and still pitched pretty good.

I will say one thing though, go look at Game 4 of the ALDS, when Hughes pitched 4 innings and was GREAT. That's the kind of pitcher that he is.

So much better.

Actually those numbers do show that Hughes was better last year......in his first year......with most of his starts coming after he had an injury and a 3month lay off. How about in September when he regained his arm strenght and went 3-0 with a 2.73 era. He also gave up 5 less walks in 3 less innings. He is aMUCH better pitcher. Minor leauge stats can also mean alot escpecially when they show that a pitcher like Lester has poor control. Walk totals wont decrease inthe majors in fact the much more likely to go up. Theres a reason Hughes was the #1 prospect last year and Lester is trade bait.

So much better.

First of all, those stats show Phil was better and my point about Lester having no control is highlighted with the ridiculous WHIP that you pointed out.Hughes was also coming off an injury for the majority of those starts and his command and velocity was no where near his normals. In any normal situation, mostteams send their 22 year old to the minors to rehab but after Hughes dominated the minors as a teen he had nothing left there.
The way you rate PROSPECTS iswith minor league stats and stuff. Lesters 11-2 record means nothing to me and sox fans who rate their prospects honestly.

Remember Zach Duke? He was a surefire Hall of Famer because he started 8-0 in the majors. Look where his is now.

Back
Top Bottom