Long Beach, CA. what is there to do?

I'm going to long beach, CA with my girlfriend for vacation. What fun things are there to do? We're both 23. We will be staying at her aunt's house in long beach and my girlfriend is going to borrow her cousin's car so getting around will not be a problem. Staying there from May 11th through the 18th. We like beaches, clubs, popular dining places that are affordable(in and out burgers is an example since we're form the east coast(philly) and there's no in- and-out burgers here), a lot of sight seeing, shopping areas, and just basic clean fun that are affordable. We're both in school so we like to get more bang for our bucks. We're both physically active and would like to do some out door activities, like jogging and horse back riding. Also, what places and things should we avoid would help too. Thanks NT! 

I know this belongs in the regional forum section but I am not getting any response over there so I figure my chances would be better if I post it in here.

I love the city but dont just make the trip about long beach hit it all hollywood all the beach cities down town LA live your not but 40min away dont get lazy...

And get some chicken and waffles

Mai Tai bar, V20, Roscoes Chicken and Waffles, Belmont Shore, and restaurants/bars on Pine Ave.

Hit up Downtown long beach, there are a few nice spots for people in there early 20s to late 20s. Also try going into Santa Monica and other spots within the greater Los angles if you have a car. If you plan on going to a beach stay away from Long Beach, Long Beach is know for its ports not for its clean beaches. I would suggest driving down pch if you want to find a nice beach to lay down at. Other than that I think Downtown Long Beach is a great spot to hangout, also there is a Roscoe chicken and waffles there

pimp.gif

I would imagine at least.......

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

I love the city but dont just make the trip about long beach hit it all hollywood all the beach cities down town LA live your not but 40min away dont get lazy...

And get some chicken and waffles
QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For beaches, drive down PCH and head towards Huntington Beach. You'll pass by most of the main beaches close by.

For the clubs, I don't party much in downtown LB so I'd suggest just making the drive to Hollywood and hitting up the clubs there.

If you want a good hole in the wall burger joint, hit up MVP's on 4th and Redondo. Try out the fries with the cajunaise.
pimp.gif

L.A. beaches are garbage. Hit up the OC for beaches.

If you're with your girl the Pine St night life will suffice. Not recommended if you're single and looking for birds.

-Roscoes chicken (smothered) and Waffles.
-Go to Santa Monica pier just to say you did it.
-Santa Monica 3rd street promenade.
-EAT AT EL CHOLO'S TRUST ME!!! http://www.elcholo.com/

El Cholo | Santa Monica 1025 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 899-1106
EDIT: Not too much to do in Long Beach unless you know someone...

Drive down to Huntington Beach. Leave you're girlfriend in the car and scope out the white women there.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

-Roscoes chicken (smothered) and Waffles.
-Go to Santa Monica pier just to say you did it.
-Santa Monica 3rd street promenade.
-EAT AT EL CHOLO'S TRUST ME!!! http://www.elcholo.com/

El Cholo | Santa Monica 1025 Wilshire Blvd
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 899-1106
EDIT: Not too much to do in Long Beach unless you know someone...
smokin.gif
never seen anyone mention el cholo's on here... but el gringo's> el cholo's
edit: try ramona's as well in gardena..

13633 S Western Ave
Gardena, CA 90249
(310) 323-1950

If you want a good hole in the wall burger joint, hit up MVP's on 4th and Redondo. Try out the fries with the cajunaise.

OMG. MVPs!!!!!!!!! You will be full for the whole day.

Long Beach Aquarium is nice. I went there a couple years ago with my girl and we had fun.

I'm going to long beach, CA with my girlfriend for vacation. What fun things are there to do

laugh.gif
 sorry had to laugh cuz theres so much more to do for vacation besides being in lbc while youre in SoCal.

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

I'm going to long beach, CA with my girlfriend for vacation. What fun things are there to do

laugh.gif
 sorry had to laugh cuz theres so much more to do for vacation besides being in lbc while youre in SoCal.

Well, we're going to stay in Long Beach but we have a car so we don't mind driving 15 minutes to a hour to places like Hollywood, LA, Santa Monica, Anaheim or even San Diego maybe.

More info about me. I was in los angeles for a 4 day vacation about 3 years ago and I did the following: Santa monica 3rd street promenade, venice beach, disneyland, hollywood, griffin park, gramean chinese theater, and that was basically it.

Originally Posted by PassMeTheSoySauce

Originally Posted by ISRAEL5EKLA

laugh.gif

Well, we're going to stay in Long Beach but we have a car so we don't mind driving 15 minutes to a hour to places like Hollywood, LA, Santa Monica, Anaheim or even San Diego maybe.
if that's the case you might as well hit up Disneyland, Six Flags, and/or Universal Studios if you don't mind using up a whole day of your trip
pimp.gif

perfect timing for this thread. i'll be staying in LB as well, but will be there next week with some friends. we'll have a rental, so we are willing to travel. looked into the outlets, but looks like each one of them is hours away, so its a no go. guess its best just to venture out to LA, hollywood, etc. for all of our shopping and clubbing ? will just be guys with the girlies at home, so i'm hoping the clubbing is as poppin as most people make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom