Look what happened to my ORIGINAL XVII and XVIII - plus previous postings of 1st retro IVs and Vs

In my mind, I just associated that with skin disease... OUCH

I'm assuming you live in a very humid surrounding. 

In my mind, I just associated that with skin disease... OUCH

I'm assuming you live in a very humid surrounding. 

damn that's sad, smh. I've never seen anything like this before.
That's definitely depressing.

damn that's sad, smh. I've never seen anything like this before.
That's definitely depressing.

It's only shoes, but sucks to take that loss. Try finding a dry or temperature controlled storage unit. If you and a few heads can pitch in that'll help.

If anyone in Houston is paranoid about kick storage, hit me up, I might want to throw a few gems in a AC controlled storage room.

It's only shoes, but sucks to take that loss. Try finding a dry or temperature controlled storage unit. If you and a few heads can pitch in that'll help.

If anyone in Houston is paranoid about kick storage, hit me up, I might want to throw a few gems in a AC controlled storage room.

This has something to do with where you live...........i still have my red 17`s and havent opened them in at least 3 years........and they are still perfect.

This has something to do with where you live...........i still have my red 17`s and havent opened them in at least 3 years........and they are still perfect.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Singapore has a tropical rainforest climate with no distinctive seasons, uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity, and abundant rainfall. Temperatures range from 22 to 34 °C (71.6 to 93.2 °F). On average, the relative humidity is around 90% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon. During prolonged heavy rain, relative humidity often reaches 100%.[sup][51][/sup] The lowest and highest temperatures recorded in its maritime history are 19.4 °C (66.9 °F) and 35.8 °C (96.4 °F).

The Philippines has a tropical maritime climate and is usually hot and humid. There are three seasons: tag-init or tag-araw, the hot dry season or summer from March to May; tag-ulan, the rainy season from June to November; and tag-lamig, the cool dry season from December to February.

Well.....there you go.  Its pretty much your fault.
no sympathy here...........

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Singapore has a tropical rainforest climate with no distinctive seasons, uniform temperature and pressure, high humidity, and abundant rainfall. Temperatures range from 22 to 34 °C (71.6 to 93.2 °F). On average, the relative humidity is around 90% in the morning and 60% in the afternoon. During prolonged heavy rain, relative humidity often reaches 100%.[sup][51][/sup] The lowest and highest temperatures recorded in its maritime history are 19.4 °C (66.9 °F) and 35.8 °C (96.4 °F).

The Philippines has a tropical maritime climate and is usually hot and humid. There are three seasons: tag-init or tag-araw, the hot dry season or summer from March to May; tag-ulan, the rainy season from June to November; and tag-lamig, the cool dry season from December to February.

Well.....there you go.  Its pretty much your fault.
no sympathy here...........

CLEARLY... CLEARLY..... CLEARLY These shoes disintegrated due to very heavy humidity and horrible storage. How can you explain these happened to shoes that are 10 years old, but some people, myself included (till last year) had shoes from 1991 that look literally wearable? There are people roaming the earth who own ORIGINAL 1-13, Retro V's from 2000, etc. that still wear them and look normal. My friend Chris owns the 1999-2000 pair of Fire Red 5's and they look awesome, he wore them to the club last month and I was shocked, he throws his !@$% in the closet in the box, barely pays attention to them. So before anyone makes bad assumptions or doggin others for leaving their shoes DS or NDS condition, storage and terrible climate can destroy anything from shirts to shoes, jewelry to cars.

CLEARLY... CLEARLY..... CLEARLY These shoes disintegrated due to very heavy humidity and horrible storage. How can you explain these happened to shoes that are 10 years old, but some people, myself included (till last year) had shoes from 1991 that look literally wearable? There are people roaming the earth who own ORIGINAL 1-13, Retro V's from 2000, etc. that still wear them and look normal. My friend Chris owns the 1999-2000 pair of Fire Red 5's and they look awesome, he wore them to the club last month and I was shocked, he throws his !@$% in the closet in the box, barely pays attention to them. So before anyone makes bad assumptions or doggin others for leaving their shoes DS or NDS condition, storage and terrible climate can destroy anything from shirts to shoes, jewelry to cars.

Send them back to Nike. Tell them they sold you a defective product 
laugh.gif

I read the first four pages of this thread; but what I wasn't able to determine was:  Where were they stored?  In your home?  In a storage unit?  With air-conditioning or without? 

If they were stored in a home or unit without air conditioning in Asia or South Pacific, then dang, you gotta expect this to happen. 
nerd.gif

I live in Florida but all my kicks get worn and are stored in my room with the A/C on round the clock.  They sit in unsealed zip lock bags with silica packs in the boxes.  I've also treated all my soles and leather with Armor All.

Seeing those Cement IV's is just painful. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom