Look what happened to my ORIGINAL XVII and XVIII - plus previous postings of 1st retro IVs and Vs

I read the first four pages of this thread; but what I wasn't able to determine was:  Where were they stored?  In your home?  In a storage unit?  With air-conditioning or without? 

If they were stored in a home or unit without air conditioning in Asia or South Pacific, then dang, you gotta expect this to happen. 
nerd.gif

I live in Florida but all my kicks get worn and are stored in my room with the A/C on round the clock.  They sit in unsealed zip lock bags with silica packs in the boxes.  I've also treated all my soles and leather with Armor All.

Seeing those Cement IV's is just painful. 
ohwell.gif

Can someone explain the science behind why high humidity causes sneakers to disintegrate like that?

Might need to rethink my storing methods since I live in NYC.

Can someone explain the science behind why high humidity causes sneakers to disintegrate like that?

Originally Posted by NT2488

it's not because of high humidity alone. But if sneakers (especially the rubber and plastic parts) are exposured to extreme
humidity and dryness, it causes some kind of a material shock and makes it losing flexibility and stability.

The result is it breaks like brick and looks like sand.

From my pairs, only my AJ4 1999 retro has suffered similar damage because i did not dry them up

for 100% after cleaning, stored them in the box and the air circulation was bad.

it's not because of high humidity alone. But if sneakers (especially the rubber and plastic parts) are exposured to extreme
humidity and dryness, it causes some kind of a material shock and makes it losing flexibility and stability.

From my pairs, only my AJ4 1999 retro has suffered similar damage because i did not dry them up

for 100% after cleaning, stored them in the box and the air circulation was bad.

Originally Posted by SoSickening

This just makes me wanna check all my shoes now and make sure my babies are ok

This! Haha
Thats is scary/disgusting.

Originally Posted by SoSickening

This just makes me wanna check all my shoes now and make sure my babies are ok

This! Haha
Thats is scary/disgusting.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!@!+ is makin me itch! Sorry for your loss
frown.gif
.... guess you gotta store em somewhere else besides Singapore

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
!@!+ is makin me itch! Sorry for your loss
frown.gif
.... guess you gotta store em somewhere else besides Singapore

Damn homie! This just goes to show that you have to wear your shoes ... they won't live forever!

Damn homie! This just goes to show that you have to wear your shoes ... they won't live forever!

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Ah I see, good looks good looks.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Ah I see, good looks good looks.

Back
Top Bottom