Looking back at AJF Vol:Was it Really Sooo bad.

the air force jordans where made better then there retro counterparts

the best ajf where the jordan 4's

all where well made

Originally Posted by FLATFOOT888

the air force jordans where made better then there retro counterparts

the best ajf where the jordan 4's

all where well made

im not one to play grammar police, but..........son
sick.gif

as for the topic, i have one pair of fusions and i regret buying them to this very day

I never had the urge to purchase any style of hybrid Jordan;
be it the AJF series, 6 Rings, 60+, 6-17-23 etc.

Originally because they didn't represent the same things that the Signature product did:
ex. White Cement 3's=Dunk Contest Greatness
Blk/Red 12's=the performance while he was sick (those recent "flu game" retros are abominations!!!)

But I also came to the conclusion that under the guise of "bridging the gap" between old school and new school,
Jordan Brand effectively made people buy shoes with the Fusion label, that were to be released later on, in essence a double money grab.
Example; they wet people's taste buds with White Cement 3 Fusions, then retro the actual sneaker just over 2 years later!?
Playing on the thirst of people that missed out in 03' and the new kids' lust for the "coolness" the Brand represents (or represented).

This reminds me of the infamous "Chicago" 6 release of last year, with the Infrared Pack that released less than a month later.

so you're saying that once you started buying retro J's, your fusions had buyer's remorse..or you regretted your purchases of them? Sounds like to me you don't buy what you like. You buy off of hype, in the heat of the moment. Start buying what you truly love. If you never watched MJ play, then maybe u need to look elsewhere because you can only go so far with "hot, limited, and hyped up" colorways or hybrids.

BTW..never owned a pair of fusions, six rings, spizikes, 6 rings or any other hybrid, and never will. I did own a pair of red and black dub zeros for a short period of time...under retail....sold that on ebay with the quickness once i saw how ugly they looked. 

Originally Posted by luxurious24

I cant stand those things, total waste of money to me. Hated when ppl hit me with "oh man i got those same jordans at home", that time i'm wernin some aqua 8s, and they talkn bout the fusion ones, c'mon son

roll.gif
I  kept getting hit with that when the Powder Blues came out last year. I was like hold up, these ain't released in years, and they been out? oh, you mean the fusions.

Lol at acting like these are in any way, shape, or form "old"...

Give it another 20 years and try again.

I always just felt like Uptown (Air Force 1's) have their own legacy. Jordans have their own legacy. Why combine the two? I used to be a big time uptowns guy back in elementary school and middle school and even high school...then I kinda jumped ship over to the Jordan world...I dont need a mash up of the two eras...they are both dope for their own, mutually exclusive reasons.

jordans 2 and 8-22 are bad enough......dont get me started on the hybrids or team jordans.......THEYRE NOT JORDANS!

they ALL sucked.
EVERY ONE OF THEM.
For the OP to say he got into collecting because of AJF's makes me LMFAO.
They were junk and they always will be.

personally i own a couple pairs that were all bought at outlets/ebay for 55 or below. i like a few models/colorways.

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

jordans 2 and 8-22 are bad enough......dont get me started on the hybrids or team jordans.......THEYRE NOT JORDANS!

I hope this is IYO....

Originally Posted by MartyMcFresh

Originally Posted by AnnualPlusSome

I hope this is IYO....

has to be
only 3-7 are good J's IHO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

All the kids loved these lol I'm not gonna lie,I copped the XII playoff fusion when they first came out.I actually liked the execution a little bit,to me it was interesting.and honestly I think they're the best ones outta the bunch,they look like forces more than anything with the rising sun detail. I never thought they would take it so far as to making V's,VIII's(which to me are by far the worst next to the XX)& many more.I think the majority of people hated them just for the plain fact they were ruining classics one fusion at a time.I love black cement 3's & aqua 8's but when I saw the fusions I almost threw up in my mouth.i still cringe at the view of them,I still see a few pairs floating around outlets.Jus thank god they never fusioned the XI,I was waiting to see how that turned out.I remember Chinese fake Jordan websites went crazy with these too & fusioned anything lol

confession-I love Dubzeros! I give Spizikes the pass -I once hated them butnow they don't bother me, but all other hybrid type Jordan shoes are << I do love me some Dubz tho-I think it goes with another confession-I absolutely lover Lasering.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Originally Posted by bence23

Yes they were. We're not gonna justify your cops for you....

Not Trying to Justify them just asking Niketalk if their opinions on them have changed in anyway after Its all over. I regretted the purchase's once I got into retros.
Listen Bence, you gotta do you man.  No, the Fusions were not that bad.  My wife bought me a pair and they are comfortable and a good summer shoe.  There is no need to regret buying a shoe if you liked it. I'm an old head and I only purchase the flagship models but I've seen some Fusions that were well executed.  Jordan brand is building a new customer base and the Fusion thing is what's up for the younger cats that are into shoes.  A lot of the hate on the Fusion is due to people following the crowd.  If all of the message boards were screaming, "THESE ARE FIRE" plenty of people would be lined up for them.  Again man, do you!

when the dub zeros came out i didnt mind them, copped these they were my one and only pair of dub zeros these and the laney 60+ are the only hybrid shoes ive ever owned
air-jordan-dub-zero-bulls-white-black-varsity-red-neutral-grey.jpg

Didn't care for them. It was really meant for the younger crowd and air force 1's people. Still think they're ugly to this day but jb always introduces something new to make these look a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom