Looking back at AJF Vol:Was it Really Sooo bad.

they arent that awful but when you see kids rocking em like they true js then
eyes.gif

Mostly I think it's the unjustifiable price tag........ The same price as a numbered retro, no reason for that.

Originally Posted by Benssick

They look really cheap. Poor material and fail to have nice details
I dislike 'Fusions & Hybrids' but the above bolded statement is not true. If anything, the non-retro JB product has far better materials than the retro line.

the only J's I like that aren't a sig sneaker is the DUB ZERO's!!!

The best Fusion Jordan

Originally Posted by devildoc76

Mostly I think it's the unjustifiable price tag........ The same price as a numbered retro, no reason for that.

if i remember correctly, the ajf vi's cost $160. when the vi's retro'd last year, they were $150. that's the only one i ever saw a price tag for because i was pissed that they would make blk/infared and white/infared ajf vi's in those ugly things in '09 but not give us real vi's at the time. not sure about the cost of the rest of the fusion lineup because they all looked like crap.

^ Gotcha. The only reason I say the AJF's are more is that at the post exchange on military bases had AJF 3's going for $120-$125. I bought a pair of XX2 PE's for $55 (50% off the $110 retail at the PX) back then. If the price for an AJF is over/equal to a retro, it's still too much......The AJF line in a whole was just an attempt to seize the moment, and it worked. I still see them all over the place.  The worst however are the AJF 13's and the AJF 8's because neither really flowed with an AF1 sole.  It's like putting a Porsche 911 frame on an F150 drivetrain....Other fusions/hybrids I don't mind.....I got a pair of the 1st wave of Dub Zero's, a pair of blk/red Olympia's( a pseudo AJ X), and I'm still looking for a pair of blk patent Spizikes.

i loved all the fusions shoes the spzike dub zeros a few colorways of the 60 + (wish i got the grape 60 +'s that where released in europe back in 2009)

and a few of the af 1 fusions are better made then the retro's

and some fusions that are close to the originals like the af1 4's and the best air force fusion in the whole collection 
the black/red and 2 laser colorways are put together with top quality pleather and plastic 
laugh.gif
 (i'm serious)

some of the crazy plus colorways of the 5's i wish i never brought expect for 2 of them and the wine and grind 5's that was the first quai 54 5's in paris in 2008

still break necks in the wine and grind af 1 5's
pimp.gif

and few of the 3's where crap that i should have passed on

also wish i got the af 1 13's in white/black
got the black/red for $60.00

i still do what the OG colorways of the af1 fusion 8's but i was not buying kicks at the time buw now would jump on them now at the right price
always miss them at outlets for $59.99 or i cant get my size 
also looking for the fusions 10's at the same price 

but i do still buy and like a lot the air force 1 foam fusions

they still break neck's

I still have a pair of AJF 20s i dont wear, i got a pair of dub zeros i dont wear, and I gave my 60+ away, but I have three pair of 6rings I wear them from time to time.

Originally Posted by marcelwuzhere

I still have a pair of AJF 20s i dont wear, i got a pair of dub zeros i dont wear, and I gave my 60+ away, but I have three pair of 6rings I wear them from time to time.

oh yeah the 6 rings the black/red white/black lasers and the motor sports are also great shoes 

Originally Posted by devildoc76

^ Gotcha. The only reason I say the AJF's are more is that at the post exchange on military bases had AJF 3's going for $120-$125. I bought a pair of XX2 PE's for $55 (50% off the $110 retail at the PX) back then. If the price for an AJF is over/equal to a retro, it's still too much......The AJF line in a whole was just an attempt to seize the moment, and it worked. I still see them all over the place.  The worst however are the AJF 13's and the AJF 8's because neither really flowed with an AF1 sole.  It's like putting a Porsche 911 frame on an F150 drivetrain....Other fusions/hybrids I don't mind.....I got a pair of the 1st wave of Dub Zero's, a pair of blk/red Olympia's( a pseudo AJ X), and I'm still looking for a pair of blk patent Spizikes.

I haven't looked for jordan's at an exchange in years. Majority of the bx and px and navy exchanges don't ever get any Jordan signature or retro's where I'm at in northern ca. Majority of people on nt can't shop at these stores so it's kind of unfair to compare their prices ( not to mention no tax ) to suggested retail. It's like Nike employees who get to shop on swoosh.com or their employee store. They get better deals than us in the general public. Still would never pay retail or clearance prices on fusions.

^Most def pimpjobu.  I'll see numbered Jordans from time to time at an exchange. Saw alot back in '07 in Norfolk at the Navy Exchange.  Right now I'm at Ft Lewis and they only carry Lebron's and team J's.  However, prior to July 4th they had a pair of TB III's for $127.50 and they sat there for a few days. I didn't bother cuz I got my 01's.  But it's hit and miss.  I used to be Navy before I went Army, and the Navy Exchange always had the good *+% and the bad. Fusions sold out in minutes at the Exchange in Norfolk though.

the only fusions that make sense to me were the
Air Jordan Dub-Zero, Spizike, 6rings and 60 plus.
They all were made with elements of certian Air Jordans.
But having Air Jordans / Air Force One cross over is
a humiliation to the Air Jordan shoeline.
it is like fusion of Mercedes Benz and Volkswagen.

Hate them or love them they sold well and made JB money. They dont really bother me, but I dont own any either.

JB didnt intend for sneakerheads to buy fusions. I think they are more for the average fan, who prob cant even tell the difference. Believe it or not MOST fusions sold pretty well.

Not gonna lie I would rather have the black/cement fusion 3's over any team jordan out right now

Originally Posted by Benssick

They look really cheap. Poor material and fail to have nice details

poor material?  the AJF had better leather (at least thicker) than retros and were more comfortable.
only owned one pair because i thought the White Infrared VI was never going to release.  Now I'm stuck with them 
laugh.gif

Leather on my White Green Spizikes are just like any retro from the 06-07.  They shouldn't have whored the shoe out.  Way too many colorways.  I think 3 is the perfect just like the yeezy.

60+ looked cheap and were terribly designed.

Fusions were awful. NT is the wrong place to come for comfort on your awful taste
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom