Looking For A 100k Job? Get Hired Within A Day...(EDIT: Strippers Have Moved In)

We have the same kind of place in Canada, a small place in Newfoundland. Its basically a oil town but it snows all year round and not many people live there outside of the oil field workers.

Working at Mcdonalds and Timmies pays 20+ a hour and are begging people to go there to work.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

i'd be willing to bet that 90% of the ppl hatin on north dakota have never even been.
Drove through it once. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

We have the same kind of place in Canada, a small place in Newfoundland. Its basically a oil town but it snows all year round and not many people live there outside of the oil field workers.

Working at Mcdonalds and Timmies pays 20+ a hour and are begging people to go there to work.

To work at Freaky Ds???? I may have to relocate

HUm im going there this weekend and i wish I was a girl because i would make a killing stripping and prostituting..lol

Slapnicka?
laugh.gif

Melissa Slapnicka though??

Screw working for a company, just go out there and open your own strip joint.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Ahh yeah that's what I imagined, was holding out hope
laugh.gif

I'm really REALLY interested in this, go out there, stack some checks for a few years, and come back to SoCal with a nice bullet point on the resume

1,552 mi, 1 day 1 hou

Screw the secret santa thread, lets head up bro!

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Dude, let's talk if you're dead !#% about it.I'm thinking once i get my certifications in place maybe take a weekend flight up there and see what's going on.

A drive is a whole day?

I got no special certificates or anything.... reality... Im thinking about this for real. I just dont want to go then not get a job. Ill grind for a year then comeback with some cool money. Im down for some back breaking labor as long as I hit that 80-100K

the only problem would be sleeping. Anyone from LA have an RV or something that more heads could sleep in? I doubt my Honda Accord would be any good in those harsh conditions. I got no money to be taking flight over there tho... broke college student. Sell some Cali tree?
pimp.gif

MORE INFO

known about this for a while for my job and i encounter a lot of these guys on a daily basis. here's the info i gather from them from my short conversations.

first prepare to work, a lot of it is industrial stuff, meaning hard hats and heavy machinery. Also, long hours 16 hour days, seven days a week, a lot of these guys work 3-5weeks in ND, finish a job, and then, go back for another 3 -5weeks. Repeat. Single guys have no reason to stay and wait for a job, theres nothing to dude and no women. It really is no different than working on a fish boat.

The younger guys can do it for a while, then get sick of it. While the old redneck cowboys like the guy in the red truck stay there as long as they can. Dudes tell me they live in man camps. Nice facilities, but its a sausage fest and a lot of aholes that are tough to deal with. Most of them are the uneducated farmer, backward country types. Yes, lots of dudes and very little women. I encounter like 4 girls and they were all strippers and one girl saying she was "visiting her dad."
roll.gif
roll.gif

most jobs are hooked up by contacts, pretty much if you known somebody that is already there, they will set you up. Otherwise, you just find one by asking around.  

And, if you plan on doing this. Better get there soon, its going to get ice cold in next month and enjoy the snow drifts all winter long.

How does this not balance out?

Mickie D's selling out of 99 cent burgers?? No more 99 cent burgers. Now they are 3 bucks.. Walmart losing out out potential higher earnings by always selling out of items. Now prices rise there. $3.50 for toothpaste... it's now $5. People think houses will be cheap? Not gonna happen.. Cost of living will soon equal out.

I say, go in, do your work for 4 months, and get OUT.

This has ghost town written all over it in 5-6 years

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

How does this not balance out?

Mickie D's selling out of 99 cent burgers?? No more 99 cent burgers. Now they are 3 bucks.. Walmart losing out out potential higher earnings by always selling out of items. Now prices rise there. $3.50 for toothpaste... it's now $5. People think houses will be cheap? Not gonna happen.. Cost of living will soon equal out.

I say, go in, do your work for 4 months, and get OUT.

This has ghost town written all over it in 5-6 years
5years.... 100k a year after taxes lets say 70k, thats 350k...you could save 50k-150k easy...

open up a family dollar back home...put up some finance the rest
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

This has ghost town written all over it in 5-6 years.

Couldn't agree more. This is a modern day 'gold field' town. Talking about building a shopping mall, houses, schools, etc. What happens when the oil dries up. Those investors better pray that city develops in a financial infrastructure other than oil because it will run out and that city will fall flat on its face.

If I was single, in my early 20's and was working a BS job I would go down there. Its hard work, its tough but it does pay. Working on the front lines for an oil company is no joke though. 

I've been to ND, SD, Montana and that is a lonely place. If you like the outdoors you will love it but that is a desolate place. 

Just to let you know if your anything but Caucasian, dont GO. They are strong racist and have no problem showing it.

The minority population there is 1% LOL

Originally Posted by KingSuperbIV

Just to let you know if your anything but Caucasian, dont GO. They are strong racist and have no problem showing it.

The minority population there is 1% LOL

i'm pretty black.. dark like the night... N.D. doesn't sound like black people are welcome there at all but I is trying get that money man.

Well I showed my dad the video 2 weeks ago and he was skeptical but once he saw the story on NBC on Monday he bought a ticket and got there yesterday. He took a taxi into town and found work within an hour of being there and started working today
eek.gif
...he does tile and marble work and found a job that pays him $200 a day to start
pimp.gif

Unfortunately the housing situation is terrible over there
30t6p3b.gif
...plus the company told him that once it gets really cold they will stop work until the spring. He's got a place to stay for about 2 weeks with one of the guys he met at work, but will be coming home after that. My dad is dark skinned hispanic and said that as long as you are willing to do work you'll find something. He also told me that the truck drivers make anywhere from $80-120 an hr working for the oil companies
eek.gif

He will def be going back in the spring lol

Originally Posted by cez

Well I showed my dad the video 2 weeks ago and he was skeptical but once he saw the story on NBC on Monday he bought a ticket and got there yesterday. He took a taxi into town and found work within an hour of being there and started working today
eek.gif
...he does tile and marble work and found a job that pays him $200 a day to start
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
...plus the company told him that once it gets really cold they will stop work until the spring. He's got a place to stay for about 2 weeks with one of the guys he met at work, but will be coming home after that. My dad is dark skinned hispanic and said that as long as you are willing to do work you'll find something. He also told me that the truck drivers make anywhere from $80-120 an hr working for the oil companies
eek.gif

pimp.gif

This is the info.....

Might save up for spring of next year

really thinking this out

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by cez

eek.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

This is the info.....

really thinking this out

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
hmmm.. interesting

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Originally Posted by cez

eek.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

This is the info.....

really thinking this out
Yeah man its def legit as long as you're willing to work they will hire you 
pimp.gif

Thinking about going there myself

yooooooooooooo im not even 21 yet but im thinking of doing this. 8k a month? go for about 5 months and head back. easy 35k lmk if anyones srs

Back
Top Bottom