Looking for the best running shoe for the $$

Good morning all, I was looking for a good running shoe for my size and training. I am 6-2 and about 200lbs. I run about 75% indoors on treadmill and the reston an outside track (asphalt.) I run about 2-3 miles per day. I tend come down heel to the outside of my foot (not sure if this will help anyone.) I am lookingfor the lack of a better term-a "squishy soft" ride. I had a pair of Zooms and I liked the feel but felt the shoe didn't have any substance.. alittle too light for me. I went to a Nike Shox and just didn't like the forefoot cushioning plus the break in period I felt the Shox required. I then wentto the 360 but felt the shoe was a little stiff for my liking. So in closing any ideas on a good soft riding shoe? I have heard Asics are good but have neverpurchased a pair. Any help or reviews would be appreciated.

Regards,
d

Right now I'm doing my indoor and outdoor running with the Nike Zoom Turf aka Barry Sanders, very good cushioning and ankle support. They're sellingfor $39 at NFS, and I think most stores still have them. Check em out.

i like the new balance running shoes, you can probably get a pair of the 8505 for like 60 bucks. best pari i've ever had.

NB 990/991 or 992. 990/991 is the older model so may be hard to find but cheeper. The 990 is the same as the 991 but in fashion colors. If you are in NewEngland find a NB factory store and get some 990 for around 50 and 992 for 100. For a good reviews go to Zappos.com and check them out.

Go to sports authority and try to see if they have any pairs of the Mizuno wave rider 9 (or is it 8 or 10s) on clearance in your size. I love the cushioning inthat shoe and tend to wear them whenever I run on treadmills or asphalt more than my wave creations. You might be able to get your hands on a pair of Asics GelKayano or Nimbus on clearance as well, but I've found that their shoes beyond 2006 have become much stiffer than I prefer.
Also, don't knock them till you try them, but Puma's cell tech is some of the best cushioned tech out there in my opinion. I usually use them to run tothe mailbox just because of how soft they are.

Back
Top Bottom