LOST (GOAT SERIES) OFFICIAL THREAD VOL YOU CAN GO NOW.

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

Originally Posted by bonafide125

In my opinion, this was the best episode of the series
I was going to post this as well
nerd.gif

Richard is that dude nh, had no idea he was latin
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Dude is Cuban/Spanish, I was waiting for them to whip out some Spanish and I finally got it
pimp.gif

If they stick with this "the island is hell" thing, it makes a whole lot of sense.

Jacob is God thus why he can go anywhere he wants.  Notice he is always a presence amongst the Losties but never when they necessarily want answers or need him.  But he always remains a presence.  And good things don't always happen just because he's there even though he is good (The presence of God yet babies are murdered, raped, etc).  Like when Richard went to him and got "baptized", notice how he said he couldn't bring his wife back (because God doesn't bring people back), but he could grant him everlasting life (free will/salvation). 

MIB is the devil, he can't leave Hell (the island) because God keeps him there (like the original story), but the devil can still influence people.  Same way God can influence people.  Notice how they're always recruiting people.  Same way people are influenced by the good and evil (god and the devil) everyday.  And the devil is supposed to have many forms (ie Flocke, MIB, etc.)

Ben was a zealot, believing in Jacob even though he had never seen him.  Even going so far as to tell the others that he spoke to him (kinda like a lot of religions with so called prophets claiming to have spoke to God).   Then when he finally met him he said you never spoke to me (kind of a losing his religion moment). 

I kinda believe that maybe thats why the show is called Lost, representing lost souls deciding which way they are going to go.

This is all random thoughts spewed out, so don't take it as something concrete.  Just my .02.

Originally Posted by KingofIlladelph

If they stick with this "the island is hell" thing, it makes a whole lot of sense.

Jacob is God thus why he can go anywhere he wants.  Notice he is always a presence amongst the Losties but never when they necessarily want answers or need him.  But he always remains a presence.  And good things don't always happen just because he's there even though he is good (The presence of God yet babies are murdered, raped, etc).  Like when Richard went to him and got "baptized", notice how he said he couldn't bring his wife back (because God doesn't bring people back), but he could grant him everlasting life (free will/salvation). 

MIB is the devil, he can't leave Hell (the island) because God keeps him there (like the original story), but the devil can still influence people.  Same way God can influence people.  Notice how they're always recruiting people.  Same way people are influenced by the good and evil (god and the devil) everyday.  And the devil is supposed to have many forms (ie Flocke, MIB, etc.)

Ben was a zealot, believing in Jacob even though he had never seen him.  Even going so far as to tell the others that he spoke to him (kinda like a lot of religions with so called prophets claiming to have spoke to God).   Then when he finally met him he said you never spoke to me (kind of a losing his religion moment). 

I kinda believe that maybe thats why the show is called Lost, representing lost souls deciding which way they are going to go.

This is all random thoughts spewed out, so don't take it as something concrete.  Just my .02.
I like this, but I'd still be a little disappointed if it were true.

Yeah I like your two cents Kingofilladelph. I think the writers constantly try to throw things that try and sway viewers to opposite thinking.

I like everything you said there, it makes a lot of sense. Non-religious folk may be a bit turned off by it but
grin.gif
who knows, this would be a complete derailing from the Sci Fi direction the show used to have tho

I liked when Richard returned to MIB, and MIB said to him all disappointed, "You let him talk to you...
ohwell.gif
smh.gif
"

If I was Richard, I'd be like, "Nah, he mollywhopped me and tried to drown me in the ocean
mad.gif
."

i thought the hell thing was just made up by the MIB to get his way.  but reading that kinda made sense.  but really i think the lost writers are just too damn smart to actually be religious.  unless their big fans of the "story" of god.

hey why did MIB/Flocke say its nice to see you without chains, when he was the guy that took off the chains
also...maybe jack and richard didnt die because of richard not jack (boat dynamite)

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

hey why did MIB/Flocke say its nice to see you without chains, when he was the guy that took off the chains
cuz he seen him a few times in a few different foams before coming to release him

the smoke monster 2 or 3 times then in the foam of his wife then in his main foam when he got the chains off him

Originally Posted by CasperJr

cuz he seen him a few times in a few different foams before coming to release him

the smoke monster 2 or 3 times then in the foam of his wife then in his main foam when he got the chains off him
He (this time in Locke form) also said it to him in the first ep of this season, but I think he was talking more about being figuratively "chained" to Jacob as his messenger or what have you.

i thought the hell thing was just made up by the MIB to get his way.  but reading that kinda made sense.  but really i think the lost writers are just too damn smart to actually be religious.  unless their big fans of the "story" of god.
watching the episode for a second time.. this makes ALOT of sense

This is very interesting. I love your analysis of the Ben situation.

Originally Posted by franchise3

THAT was definitely the best episode of the season.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Definately, so far.

Another good question is:

Who did we see in the cabin?
We know it wasn't Jacob. It didn't look like MIB. Who?

Originally Posted by sn00pee

Originally Posted by franchise3

THAT was definitely the best episode of the season.
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Definately, so far.

Another good question is:

Who did we see in the cabin?
We know it wasn't Jacob. It didn't look like MIB. Who?

The producers said that it was just some random that wont be in the series again. I cant remember if they mentioned anything about whether he was supposed to be Jacob or not.

Anyways, this episode:
eek.gif
pimp.gif
x a million

Anyone felt like they were watching The Book of Job or something?

The way Good and Evil have this relationship where they can talk to one another about humanity and if all of us are truly fallible or not.

It seems like Flocke (Evil) want's to turn this dynamic into a chaotic scenario where he can unleash vengence on people's sins without judging them.

One of the best lost episodes Ive ever seen. I was always intrigued with the whole aura of Richard so it was great to see his story

Could have done without all the spanish lol but Ill take it

Best episode in a long time. I was losing the lost magic and this episode has brought me back. Maybe due to no sideways flashes. Loved that richard was spanish.

Back
Top Bottom