LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Does Sawyers name LaFleur relate to the symbol fleur-de-lis ( flower of the lily)?

fleur
-de-lis has appeared on countless European coats of arms and flags, most notably the French Monarchies, but it's origins arescattered through out the ancient world.

The oldest known examples of fleur-de-lis similar to those used in the Medieval Western world and in modern times can be found on assyrian bas-reliefs from the3rd millenium BC. It is found on tiaras, necklaces, scepters, and seems already to play the role of royal attribute. Those found a little later in Crete, Indiaand Egypt probably have a similar meaning. In numismatics, we find the fleur-de-lis on a few Greek coins and on several Roman coins. http://www.heraldica.org/topics/fdl.htm

This led me to this:

The Ancient Egyptian symbol for "plant" meaning "Tree of Life" was three sacred lotus lilies. They have three stems curving to the left as though blown into Life by the breath of Hu, the Celestial Sphinx. On top of each stem is theLotus flower which was used in Ancient Egypt to represent Life and Resurrection. It is from this hieroglyph that the "fleur de lis" which isfrequently found in Ancient Egyptian Art traces its origin. The "fleur de lis" represents the Tree of Life. The glyph which denotes the sacredknowledge associated with Hu is also formed by the three stems of the three sacred lotus lilies. The Osiris Crown can be similarly considered in theseterms. Following the role model of Osiris, in 1346AD Edward the Black Prince won three feathers at Crecy which he adopted as his emblem. If the three feathersare gathered at the stems a fleur de lis is created.
The Osiris Legend and the Tree ofLife

Originally Posted by Shun Goku Satsu

ok yall i dont know if you guys are guessin stuff or know it from spoilers but if its from spoilers try to put the tags on it
Episode titles are NOT spoilers.

hoth.jpg

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

ok yall i dont know if you guys are guessin stuff or know it from spoilers but if its from spoilers try to put the tags on it
plz tell me were i was talkin about title names...........

We always put spoiler tags on spoilers...

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

We always put spoiler tags on spoilers...
Exactly.

We are discussing thesis' based on episode titles. Not posting actual spoilers of what is going to happen in these episodes. IT'S ALL SPECULATION.

a new "i'm outta here gif for lame threads"
8y57gp.jpg

and a gif for most nt'ers and their sexual relationships

lolz

I've been waiting for the right time to post that Sayid gif above but have never found "that moment".
laugh.gif
Kinda too ayoish.

well its 12:16 here in sotx...so its officialy LOST !!!!!ing wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEN!!! argggg....

12 hrs 2 minutes!!!

And for those that read the summaries.... Let's get in on!!!

Spoiler [+]
lost-smoke-monster-560w.jpg

Back
Top Bottom