LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Got this from a LOST chat...not a spoiler just speculation. Makes sense right? I guess I just didn't think about it that way on the spot.
nerd.gif

Dan had to die because while he was in Ann Arbor, he figured out a way to change the past, but the Others are enforcing WHAT HAPPENED HAPPENED. Dan died to keep WHH in line. Young Eloise saw Dan die (presumably) so future old Eloise, when she sends Dan to the island, using the healing capabilities as bait, knows she is sending him to his death, because she already saw him die.

I agree with that chat excerpt... A main theme of the show has been destiny/fate vs. free will. All along, fate has always won out. The series finale will comedown to this, and I think free will will win out, just once. The lack of free will has just been the others or the island or Jacob or whatever trying tocontrol and manipulate everything.

On a side note, I couldn't stand Faraday in his amnesic/hysterical state when he sees flight 815 crash. It was annoying and hard to watch. But otherwise heis
pimp.gif

Great episode IMO

I still am a little lost as to why Daniel was crying about the wreckage, but other than that, most of it made sense!
The close is on it's way...and it looks to be intense...

This is basically the beginning of the end for the show now. Next season...it's over next season
frown.gif
I'm gonna be so pissed....but glad to have beenpart of it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by whywesteppin

On a side note, I couldn't stand Faraday in his amnesic/hysterical state when he sees flight 815 crash. It was annoying and hard to watch. But otherwise he is
pimp.gif
Totally agree. Sawyer was killing him with those lines, Twitchy and H.G. Wells.
roll.gif

But Eloise definitely knew that she was sacrificing Daniel by sending him to the island.

I think Farraday probably knew all along Eloise would shoot him. That's why he went in with the gun in the first place.

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

I think Farraday probably knew all along Eloise would shoot him. That's why he went in with the gun in the first place.

More on this theory? I like the premise.

I mean, they didn't need guns but they got them. Maybe Daniel wanted to seem hostile because he knew what would happen?

I mean seriously, how many damn times has anyone EVER pulled a sneak attack on the OTHERS? NEVER!

Too much to think about from this episode
embarassed.gif

AWESOME episode, just too much to take in and process at one time.
Daniel dying!
Course correcting vs. free will!
Sawyer & Juliet vs Radzinsky & co.!
Juliet vs Kate!
Jack vs Sawyer!
Daniel telling Chang about the future!

Ugh, too god damn much. I cant even think of any theories or anything myself, I'm just watching ya'lls and waiting for the Vozzek write-up.

Awesome episode
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I still can't wrap my head around Faraday dying..

Episode was wild.

I wonder if Alpert remembers him from 1954

I think he's dead or will die. Maybe he'll get temple-rescued, but still, "he'll never be the same."

smh.gif
Daniel Widmore/Hawking/Farraday dying is up there withCharlie dying for me
frown.gif

Might not even watch LOST anymore if he ain't there
tired.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Word I was
eek.gif
when Faraday was telling Chang he was from the future and that Miles was his son.
laugh.gif
This part makes me believe this

Originally Posted by LVJordan238

Simply because when Widmore was with the others in the 1950s flashback they were all shoot to kill on first sight ........ and most of those members are stillthere with Alpert, so running in all gunho, basically ensured that he was going to die
Also I believe the variable he was talking about was not himself but in fact the OG losties and his death would be the catalyst to make them set off thehydrogen bomb, just like John's death was the catalyst to get them back to the island

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I believe that Alpert recognized him.

Faraday also did mention the hydrogen bomb.

I would imagine at this time Widmore and Eloise are together. I guess since she is with him, that puts her in a role of power. Because when they brought Ben toRichard, one of the others said shouldn't we tell Charles or Eloise first.
Also if I'm not mistaken, you can tell who is in a role of power by what they wear in terms of the others/hostiles. It seems like Richard, Eloise, andCharles have been slightly better dressed or am I reaching?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

I believe that Alpert recognized him.

Faraday also did mention the hydrogen bomb.
Which is why Alpert knew Faraday wouldnt shoot him. I assume he knew they had met before with those words.
Also if I'm not mistaken, you can tell who is in a role of power by what they wear in terms of the others/hostiles. It seems like Richard, Eloise, and Charles have been slightly better dressed or am I reaching?
I noticed that too. Didn't think much of it, but that does make sense.

Hawking knew that Daniel was going to wind up dying like that, especially after he told her that Widmore offered him a job on an island. However, since thiswas the way things were supposed to play out, she had to let it happen, much like she had to get Desmond to the island to push the button.

Why can't she attempt to change fate, even if it's her own son? I guess we'll see soon.

Daniel is probably dead. Check the way the old-hag version of Hawking was acting the whole episode in the flashbacks. I'm wondering about that Comiconvideo too, but it was never really confirmed that it was him. We'll probably see that happen during the Incident though.

I forgot to mention the comic con vid. I can only guess Dan isn't dead maybe gets taken to the temple by Richard and then Dan goes back to Dharmaville forsome other last ditch effort in changing the future. If not that vid is officially bs and just hype for S5.

Another thing is why is Daniel's last name Faraday? Eloise Hawking + Charles Widmore = Daniel Faraday?
laugh.gif
It's a cool last name but there has to be some rationale.

We're not 100% sure it's Daniel in the video.

The video looks like it takes place during the climatic conflict of the season (i.e. the finale) so we'll know what's up by then.

Jack really wants to change the course of the future and stop 815 from crashing. Waking up in the jungle again, anyone!???!?

Back
Top Bottom