LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by vector23

Is time travel the reason why Richard Alpert doesn't age? And is time travel the reason why the red head was bleeding from the nose? It's similar to the experiment that Faraday did with the mouse back in his lab at Oxford ( when Desmond traveled back last season). The mouse eventually died because it physically couldn't handle it.
Minkowski, the communications officer on the boat, also tied because of his time jumps -- preceded by nose bleeds. Desmond was going the sameway, until he found his constant. Faraday better tell Charlotte to find her constant pretty soon or she's not going to be around much longer.

Any particular reason why the key has "Nessie" on it
nerd.gif

RW191840_edited.JPG

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Good theory you might be on to something, But how do we know that Frugurth doesn't become important to some incident in the futre?

well... technically we don't, but considering that this is the first time we've seen or heard of him and he's dead already
laugh.gif
I'd assume he won't. Along the lines of "time being adestination" and thinking linearly, if he has done anything significant it happened already, most likely in the past, so his death isn't going toinfluence anything/anyone else.

And can someone please remind me about the constant situation again; what was the reason for them losing their memories, nose bleeds, etc.? what was the cause?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Originally Posted by vector23

Is time travel the reason why Richard Alpert doesn't age? And is time travel the reason why the red head was bleeding from the nose? It's similar to the experiment that Faraday did with the mouse back in his lab at Oxford ( when Desmond traveled back last season). The mouse eventually died because it physically couldn't handle it.

That could be the reason he doesn't age, but it doesn't really explain how he can stay in touch with everything that's going on and not be confused as Ethan was and such. Alpert is still a mystery we gotta find more about.

I was thinking the same thing about Charlotte with the nose bleed. The constant last season could be a setup so that we would understand what's happening to her. I guess at this point that is what we have to assume is happening based on what we already know.
you guys remember about Faraday & his experiment with the mouse, how the mouse would always die. & how the ony reason Desmond isnt dead isbecause he is anchored by Penny. Well Charlotte has nothing anchoring her to her time, so thas y she is going to die. not to mention in the season preview theyshowed her dead covered in blood from her nose

Yeah but whats to keep her from finding her constant just as Desmond did? I'm 90% sure she is going to die, but damn look at the different angles...

faraday on some *****assness for not telling her wat she needs to do or try anyways.

i see him getting pimp slapped again soon in the near furture

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Maybe I'm missing something but, Who is everyone else's constant then? Why are they immune?

I'm guessing that Charlotte has some kind of connection with the island that the others don't and thats why it's happening to her. Hell I don'tknow though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Aight well I couldn't watch the premier on the big screen in HD because my roommates were being too reckless, but I have the episodes on my comp now sohere are some of my thoughts.

Well first I was suprised to see so few posts about the opening scene.
-First thing I noticed was the new born baby on the island....According to been a baby cannot be conceived on the island. even though Sun and Jin had a baby,and it is possible I guess that the doctor's chick had the baby before they got on the island but that is unlikely.
-When the worker guy showed the Dr the picture of beyond the wall and the wheel that Ben turned was on there. I always assumed the wheel was built by theDarhma people, apparently not
-Miles has been a mystery character for a while, iv been waiting for an episode where he goes in hard body, somebody a mentioned maybe he is the baby in theopening scene. I don't see the connection here with him being born on the island and the fact he can communicate with dead people some how (on and off theisland) but still thats a valid theory
-The time travel thing wasn't that confusing, esp after Faraday used the record metaphor. idk why some of you are so confused
laugh.gif

-The compass sticks out a lot because of the episode in season 4 (episode 11) Alpert puts the stuff on the table in front of locke when he is a boy and asks"which one already belongs to you" locke picks out a compass and a glass of dirt. looks like the same compass that alpert gives to locke to remindhim when he time travels again.

Ill post more as they come to me.

Maybe I'm missing something but, Who is everyone else's constant then? Why are they immune?

I'm guessing that Charlotte has some kind of connection with the island that the others don't and thats why it's happening to her. Hell I don't know though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nah, back in season 4, the time travel episode, something about if you dont have anything constant to go back in time to, you die. THere were nosebleeds inthat episode too.

Originally Posted by bamez

I'm guessing that Charlotte has some kind of connection with the island that the others don't and thats why it's happening to her. Hell I don't know though.
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Nah, back in season 4, the time travel episode, something about if you dont have anything constant to go back in time to, you die. THere were nosebleeds in that episode too.
Yeah. I know that. Seen the previous posts?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
He was asking why Charlotte is the only one with a nosebleed and the others onthe island still moving in time/space aren't having the nose bleeds. That's why I said she might have some connection with the island that we don'tknow about yet and it's causing her to need some sort of constant.

Drama, you should cop. I might too. Joint is sick.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Aight well I couldn't watch the premier on the big screen in HD because my roommates were being too reckless, but I have the episodes on my comp now so here are some of my thoughts.

Well first I was suprised to see so few posts about the opening scene.
-First thing I noticed was the new born baby on the island....According to been a baby cannot be conceived on the island. even though Sun and Jin had a baby, and it is possible I guess that the doctor's chick had the baby before they got on the island but that is unlikely.

yea see the thing with that is we dont know when in time that was cuz at one pont they could have babys on the island(if my memory is right)

only thing i knew is 2 dark hair asians dont make a blue eyed blonde.......................
grin.gif

It looks like there are only two things that are jumping around in time: the island and Locke. This makes the two of them special.

The Left Behinders aren't unstuck in time like this (from what it appears). They're simply experiencing it because they're hitched onto somethingthat's jumping around in time. That's why they're jumping around as a group. They're not special; they're attached to something that'sspecial.

Locke is different. He's disappearing and appearing in front of people. He's actually time traveling. Thus, the reason why he's special.

Ethan recognizes this when Locke disappears in front of him. I'm quite sure there hasn't been another instance of someone physically disappearing infront of someone else (other than the island in front of the helicopter). That's why the Others know about Locke and are so interested in him. It'slike the Second Coming when he crashes on the plane a few years later (or was it planned to get him back there? Who knows).

Furthermore, Locke's dreams and visions have been a part of what makes him "special." His time jumping experiences - i.e. what makes him special- could be to blame for those as well.

The vision that he has while with Boone of the beechcraft crashing could actually be a memory of him seeing it crash. A few months later into his life, hejumps several years before this - before 815, before he and Boone try breaking open the hatch - and sees the beechcraft crash. Now, it's an older versionof himself seeing this event happen in the past, before him and Boone start wandering around, right? So, it gets inserted into his memory as a vision.

Think how Daniel changed the past by talking to Desmond. It never happened to Desmond in the 'real' timeline, but when Daniel goes into the past anddoes this, it gets added into Desmond's life via a dream, a faint memory - it gets inserted... Could Locke's dream about Horace Goodspeed chopping downa tree be another one of his encounters while jumping around in the past?

Ben pointed out that these visions and dreams were what made the "chosen ones" special. He had them, now Locke has them. Why? Because they could onlybe attained by time traveling.

Taking this further, let's say Jacob is lost in time or floating around or unstuck or something like that. Maybe the only way to see him is to beunstuck/time traveling yourself?

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

It looks like there are only two things that are jumping around in time: the island and Locke. This makes the two of them special.

The Left Behinders aren't unstuck in time like this (from what it appears). They're simply experiencing it because they're hitched onto something that's jumping around in time. That's why they're jumping around as a group. They're not special; they're attached to something that's special.

Locke is different. He's disappearing and appearing in front of people. He's actually time traveling. Thus, the reason why he's special.

Ethan recognizes this when Locke disappears in front of him. I'm quite sure there hasn't been another instance of someone physically disappearing in front of someone else (other than the island in front of the helicopter). That's why the Others know about Locke and are so interested in him. It's like the Second Coming when he crashes on the plane a few years later (or was it planned to get him back there? Who knows).

Furthermore, Locke's dreams and visions have been a part of what makes him "special." His time jumping experiences - i.e. what makes him special - could be to blame for those as well.

The vision that he has while with Boone of the beechcraft crashing could actually be a memory of him seeing it crash. A few months later into his life, he jumps several years before this - before 815, before he and Boone try breaking open the hatch - and sees the beechcraft crash. Now, it's an older version of himself seeing this event happen in the past, before him and Boone start wandering around, right? So, it gets inserted into his memory as a vision.

Think how Daniel changed the past by talking to Desmond. It never happened to Desmond in the 'real' timeline, but when Daniel goes into the past and does this, it gets added into Desmond's life via a dream, a faint memory - it gets inserted... Could Locke's dream about Horace Goodspeed chopping down a tree be another one of his encounters while jumping around in the past?

Ben pointed out that these visions and dreams were what made the "chosen ones" special. He had them, now Locke has them. Why? Because they could only be attained by time traveling.

Taking this further, let's say Jacob is lost in time or floating around or unstuck or something like that. Maybe the only way to see him is to be unstuck/time traveling yourself?
I don't think any of that makes sense though. The rest of the survivors ARE jumping around in time, not just Locke. If you watch it againyou'll notice that the island and the Others were the only ones that were following the same time line, most likely because the others have a connection tothe island that even Locke doesn't have. Whether that connection is birth on the island or something else we don't know. Furthermore, the openingscene proved that Faraday was also traveling in time and was still interacting with people, so did the scene with Juliette and Sawyer when the Dharma guys weregonna cut off her hand. Locke and the survivors are moving to times at the same pace or on the same time line, its the island and Others that are remaining"constant" or moving at a separate pace.

Also, Hurley has the same kind of visions that Locke has. I don't remember when it was, but I believe it was stated that the island shows certaincharacters visions at certain times... granted, we're led to believe that Locke is gifted and has a connection to the island which we'd all agree hedoes, but I don't think it's because he's been traveling in time.. yet.

Also, if its only Locke and Ben that are special, why is Alpert, who we all know is on some other type of sh... moving with the Others and the island and notable to remember Locke without a compass? We all know he's traveling in time, but I think its safe to say that his time travel is controlled and not randomlike they're all experiencing now.

Locke himself is traveling through time. He disappears in front of Richard and Ethan. He's not really attached to the island in time, whereas theLeft Behinders are.

I'm just interpreting that the Left Behinders are traveling around differently.

Locke is time traveling on his own. The island is time traveling on its own. The Left Behinders are only time traveling because they're stuck on somethingthat's jumping around in time... they're not doing it on their own.

That got me thinking, if that's true, then that could be why he's special. That's not to say anything about the other characters. There aredefinitely special things about Desmond, Hurley, and Daniel. If I'm sticking by any of my theories here, it's that visions - from Locke to Hurley -could likely be due to some type of time-jumping experience, whether their own or someone else coming to see them in the past. It's just that theyhighlight it as a reason why the Others would think Locke is special.

That all came out of me wondering, what's the significance of Ethan and Locke meeting in the past? It's a very murky situation though. There's nota lot of info to be had yet.

I wonder what Ben secretly pulled out of the vent and put in a bag in the hotel?

Miles saying out loud he knows the thing he pulled out of the jungle only been dead 3 hours
laugh.gif

I think Widmore has to be the former leader of the Others or the founder/leading contributor of Dharma ..

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

I wonder what Ben secretly pulled out of the vent and put in a bag in the hotel?

Miles saying out loud he knows the thing he pulled out of the jungle only been dead 3 hours
laugh.gif

I think Widmore has to be the former leader of the Others or the founder/leading contributor of Dharma ..
I was thinking the same thing man. The way he said Ben took the island from him and the way he wants it is just kind weird .

Back
Top Bottom