LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

It's very very easy to over think it at this point. I've done it about 6 times an episode this season
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Only 6?

Pierre Chang is a straight jerk
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I thought this was interesting, I kept thinking about the polar bear in the desert...so I googled a bit

[h3]How to Find the Island...[/h3]In my recap of the Season 4 finale, Isuggested that turning the Frozen Donkey Wheel moved the Island forward in time to early 2007, shortly before Jeremy Bentham's "reappearance."Upon further reflection, however, I've concluded it's more likely that the Island jumped ahead a mere ten months to October 2005, when Ben arrived inthe Tunisian desert. What's more, knowing where Ben landed will be the key to finding the Island once again...

Let's begin by clarifying what Locke and Co. mean by "moving" the Island. Turning the Frozen Donkey Wheeltransforms the Island into a giant time machine straight out of HG Wells. For those on the Island, the trip through time is instantaneous. To outsideobservers, however, the Island disappears until the rest of the world catches up in time, at which point it miraculously reappears. During the interim, theIsland effectively ceases to exist in our world and cannot be accessed by anyone.

Here's the catch. When the Island jumps in time, the rest of the world continues turning, orbiting, etc. through space.The Earth will thus be in a different position relative to the Island when it reappears. If you have trouble visualizing what I mean, consider an analogyinspired by the comments of poster Wayne Allen Sallee. Due to the Earth's motion, the constellations you see from a given location tonight will bedifferent from those you'll see from the same location in six months.

Why is this information useful to someone trying to find the Island? In the Mind of Magnus, I suggested that the Island is located on awrinkle in spacetime or vile vortex connecting points on opposite sides of the planet (i.e., antipodes). Notice how Ben and the Dharma polar bear both landed in the Tunisian desert. Notice, as well, how the South Pacific isopposite Tunisia on the globe. My suspicion is that using the Frozen Donkey Wheel deposits one at the Island's precise antipodal point.

The polar bear skeleton is located at the antipode of the Island's previous location in the South Pacific. That's whyCharlotte was so excited by its discovery. Ben's landing point, which is different from the bear's but in the same general area, is at the antipode ofthe Island's new location. The difference is due to the aforementioned movement of the Earth relative to the Island. That makes Ben invaluable to anyonelooking for the Island. Like the man said, he always has a plan...

http://eyemsick.blogspot.com/2008_06_01_archive.html

Originally Posted by JamesOnNT

this dude Ben is schemin' up something epic ..

Exactly. He's not going thru all this trouble to save the people on the island or the O6. He killed Keemy knowing the freighter would explode and kill someof 815.

And I think he knows Richard don't care for him and Jacob choose Locke to take over the island....

Exactly. He's not going thru all this trouble to save the people on the island or the O6. He killed Keemy knowing the freighter would explode and kill some of 815.

And I think he knows Richard don't care for him and Jacob choose Locke to take over the island....
You don't die unless the island allows you to die.

Who exactly from 815 died on the frieghter?

Tunisia is in Africa close to Egypt correct? Maybe that has something to do with the Hieroglyphics on the Temple?

I believe so, I believe the Sahara Desert runs through them. When I saw all the talk about Egypt, I thought about the polar bear.

Another thing about what I posted, remember when Ben went to see Widmore and "[he was like now you can't find the island and Widmore replied neithercan you]"

THE POLAR BEAR FELL DOWN THE WELL!!!!

lol...maybe not, but it makes sense. Polar bear falls down the well. Maybe he sees someone go down the well (Ben) and tries to follow them. Ben turns the wheelas fast as he can to save his life...poof, him and bear are gone....the bear dies in the oppressive heat of the desert....doesn't it look like his lowerfront leg is broken right at the bottom?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Exactly. He's not going thru all this trouble to save the people on the island or the O6. He killed Keemy knowing the freighter would explode and kill some of 815.

True.

Now that you mention it, nobody "important" except Michael I guess. But, Daniel was taking people to the freighter on the raft. So, people from 815was on the freighter just nobody important. And, he knew that the Chopper carrying the O6 was going back to the freighter, and he still killed Keemy afterKeemy told him the freighter would explode if he died (basically).

True.

Now that you mention it, nobody "important" except Michael I guess. But, Daniel was taking people to the freighter on the raft. So, people from 815 was on the freighter just nobody important. And, he knew that the Chopper carrying the O6 was going back to the freighter, and he still killed Keemy after Keemy told him the freighter would explode if he died (basically).
I feel that Ben killed Keamy out of straight rage and revenge...

Locke- You just killed everyone on the freighter...
Ben- SO!

..just like a little kid would say it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

True.

Now that you mention it, nobody "important" except Michael I guess. But, Daniel was taking people to the freighter on the raft. So, people from 815 was on the freighter just nobody important. And, he knew that the Chopper carrying the O6 was going back to the freighter, and he still killed Keemy after Keemy told him the freighter would explode if he died (basically).
I feel that Ben killed Keamy out of straight rage and revenge.......I remember he told Sayid, after he killed the man that killed his wife, something about mourning and how he needs to get on with his life..time to google...

Locke- You just killed everyone on the freighter...
Ben- SO!

..just like a little kid would say it
laugh.gif
Smh, I quoted myself instead of editing

First off...Barack you need to get your panties out of a twist. I never said that the two skeletons were actually Kate and Jack.

Second...some of you guys are reading way too much into things. It's not as complicated as some people think it is.

Third...I doubt they'll use that video of Chang. You'll know why in two weeks
smile.gif

Awesome episode.
Never connected the 2 dots that the main source of the time travel, comes from the wheel thingy.
Ben is a straight G.
Ben knows he can't die, that's why I believe he carries himself the way he does. "Shoot me"

When Charlotte told Danielle that a crazy man told her not to come to island means they're going to jump in time again to when Charlotte was small on theisland and Danielle's gonna try and convince her not to go come back to the island right?

Do we know for sure that Keamy and his team are dead? I mean what if those people shooting at the Locke/Sawyer team in the ocean was them.

And on another note nSayne your lame, hope you get the picture by now.

First off...Barack you need to get your panties out of a twist. I never said that the two skeletons were actually Kate and Jack.
Panties in a twist...Oh, I get it. That's supposed to be a swipe at my manhood. You're incredibly original sir. You didn't say theywere Kate and Jack, But you implied that they were with your little limp-wristed "wink-wink".

You also spoiled how the O6 will return to the island in groups. You could have kept that $#@% to yourself.

Didn't you make that blog for a reason? Get to it.

Also, I don't know why you get so aggressive/abrasive towards me (Nor do I care), But I'm gonna be the bigger man and just use the ignore feature onyou. That way is a win-win for me.

I'm not here to go tit for tat with you, I'm here to talk Lost (spoiler-free) in a friendly, chill manner with other NTers. You have fun tho.

Back
Top Bottom