LOST Season 6 Preseason Thread vol. we almost there!

I still dont think widmore staged the crash. I think like many of us have said...the 815 losties crash on the island again...which is why Daniel cries in thatscene.

I know I'm not NYC biggest fan but this is me being honest...Do you just make stuff up?

Dharma a sham? The show was barely casting Jacob?

Maybe I'm missing something but next season is too pivotal for a Dharma sham storyline. And the season finale was all Jacob...you said they hadn'tcasted anyone and that we've seen him before...I'm gonna go through season 1-4 again but I've never seen dude.

I'd like to note that if the island is from the beginning of man with the whole Tawaret thing .. pretty interesting/cool that, Juliet - the fertilityexpert, is the one who sets the bomb off .. if that's what happens.

ash around the cabin?
well .. if Smokey as the nameless guy is really the one inhabiting it maybe Jack and co. will be the ones to break the cycle so to speak and follow through onJacob's plan and prove that human nature can be good.

Nice write up again by Vozzek, guys observation skills and memory are top notch. And i'm gonna start using this on chicks, the "i pity you" faceand "what about you?"
2wegzf8.jpg

Locke's been my favorite character throughout the series so finding out that he's been used and played this whole time and not really special kindasucks
ohwell.gif

Jacob is now that dude
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SantaRosaWarriorFan

from Lostpedia.com

My hand is still shaking as I type these words. Not because I was playing a drinking game based on the number of times Phil annoyed me, but because the last moments of the finale were so intense -- leading Lost to have the only fade-to-white that it has ever had. It was one of the most shocking moments of Lost. Not only had a five-year constant suddenly become a variable, but we had been left with the biggest cliffhanger yet on the show -- even bigger than season three's amazing season ender.

Before we get into the meat and potatoes of this episode, I just thought I'd point out the funniest part of the episode to me: the death of Eyebrows (rarely known as Phil). He had been a thorn in the Losties' side for far too long, and it was great to see him get speared through the chest with a magnetically-driven pole. Farewell, Clippy/Eyebrows/Phil. We knew you too well.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So everyone noticed that once Juliet hit the bomb and the white light came on, and the show was over, they quickly flashed to Jack waking up again!

Good point. Most seasons (or all?) open with Jack waking up. I don't think they're going to LA. I think it's gonna be at the time when Ben killsJacob.

There's so much to say about this episode... Like Hurley being "blessed."

Speaking of White Rabbit though, a glaring continuity error there. First scene on island charlie says he can't swim. Fast forward to S3 finale, he's talking about the swimming championships he won and shh. Like $%%? Dude basically contributed to ol girl's death. Imma just assume heroin is a helluva drug, talkin about he can't swim 70-80 days later homey swimming to underwater DHARMA stations
There are lots of continuity errors. It's debatable whether they are deliberate, but I think they are. It makes sense when you consider thetime travel stuff and course correction.

^ after thinking about the car crash.. i don't think jacob killed nadia.. she wasn't paying attention as she was crossing the road.. and i just have a gut feeling, but maybe both her and sayid were supposed to be hit by the car

and jacob stopped sayid from crossing the road and thus dieing as well

Good point.

btw, on a side note, Ben is one of the greatest characters ever. Incredible. You know in Star Wars, the ultimate moment is when Anakin becomes Darth Vader andlets his emotions control him as he kills people? Well, Ben did that, but a million times better.

Last thought (before I read Vozzek's write-up)... All signs point to Jacob being the good guy............ But this is Lost and I don't think it'llend up being that simple.

from someone on another board

this isnt the first time the darkness dude tried to kill Jacob

last night's episode gives a pretty good indication of what happened with Christian and Claire

Christian was inhabited by the same dude, and he had manipulated Claire into killing Jacob....but when they found the cabin, Jacob had already left. Thats why when Locke came to the cabin, they were there, sitting in the dark, just waiting for him.

pimp.gif

sounds good to me.
I need the new black on white avy. Someone help please.
nerd.gif

i remember reading a way while back that season 4 was focused on how the o6 would get off the island.. season 5 was focused on how theyd get back. What isseason 6 supposed to focus on?

Sick write up.

I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON.

I'm going to re-watch last night's episode tonight, and then go to Best Buy and buy S1-S5 tomorrow and watch those during the hiatus.

Thanks for posting the white fadeout logo.

Flow, you didn't already have the DVD's? They're set up very nicely with booklets and everything. You're gonna love them. Can't wait forthe damn S5 DVD to drop man.

I remember S4 and The Dark Knight dropped on the same day last year. A damn treat.

I can't read the write up right now, bout to go watch the Lakers game but i'll be back later.

Good stuff from everyone. Glad to see people are reeeealy thinking about LOST again!

Can't wait to hear more from Knicks and my dude Drama.
pimp.gif

Nope, I don't have 'em yet. Was waiting for a blu-ray box set after the series, but I'll just have to buy that also. I watched all the oldone's online at work. Should be GREAT to watch em on the big screen at home........ And NICE sig!!!

I need to cop the blu rays to see this "full 1080p" they were talking about in the ads. Lost HD is wonky anyways, theres mad scenes that are non HD,you'll be watching a crisp vid then it fades to crappy quality for a couple secs then back.

I'd like to point out a reason the real Locke is still alive while being possessed or that the dead real Locke body can still b resurrected. Right beforeswitching back to Locke and Ben going inside the 4 toed statue. Richard asks Jack about Locke and right before we switch back to 2007 Jack tells Richard not togive up on Locke yet.

Maybe we shoudln't give up on the real Locke yet, maybe he's still there somewhere being possessed or maybe he can still be revived once that fake/Mr.X/Black shirt/Smokey Locke gets killed or stops using that form.

Can I get a link for the finale? I was literally thinking about LOST all day even brought it up in my Philosophy class as they talked about In/Determinism,free will, etc.

Yeah i'm gonna go ahead and get Season 5 on regular DVD to match my other ones and probably season 6 too but i've gotta get the entire series in a big+%$ Dharma box or something whenever it drops on Blu-ray.

Can't wait to re-watch this season again!

Hell, can't wait to re-watch the SERIES again. 2010 is a waaaaays off.

Really though, they can't just let Locke go out like that. Just the saddest chump that gets used and abused over and over, gotta be some recompense.

So IDK if anyone mentioned this or caught this... or if this is even true..

But when Ilanna asked Richard "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" He said something in Latin

According to my buddy from work he said something along the lines of "The one who protects us"

Pretty cool if true

Originally Posted by Master Zik

I'd like to point out a reason the real Locke is still alive while being possessed or that the dead real Locke body can still b resurrected. Right before switching back to Locke and Ben going inside the 4 toed statue. Richard asks Jack about Locke and right before we switch back to 2007 Jack tells Richard not to give up on Locke yet.

Maybe we shoudln't give up on the real Locke yet, maybe he's still there somewhere being possessed or maybe he can still be revived once that fake/Mr. X/Black shirt/Smokey Locke gets killed or stops using that form.

Can I get a link for the finale? I was literally thinking about LOST all day even brought it up in my Philosophy class as they talked about In/Determinism, free will, etc.
Good observation. Locke was one of my favorite characters from the get-go. I would hate to see him gone.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

But when Ilanna asked Richard "What lies in the shadow of the statue?" He said something in Latin

According to my buddy from work he said something along the lines of "The one who protects us"

Pretty cool if true
"He who shall protect us all"

It was posted a few pages ago.

MY DUDE RICARDO.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd like to point out a reason the real Locke is still alive while being possessed or that the dead real Locke body can still b resurrected. Right before switching back to Locke and Ben going inside the 4 toed statue. Richard asks Jack about Locke and right before we switch back to 2007 Jack tells Richard not to give up on Locke yet

I was thinking something similar but off the wall, like "good" vs "bad" Locke
laugh.gif

Or maybe Jacob battles Smokey for supremacy of Locke's body.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

I'd like to point out a reason the real Locke is still alive while being possessed or that the dead real Locke body can still b resurrected. Right before switching back to Locke and Ben going inside the 4 toed statue. Richard asks Jack about Locke and right before we switch back to 2007 Jack tells Richard not to give up on Locke yet

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Or maybe Jacob battles Smokey for supremacy of Locke's body.[/color]
I like that idea... Locke being the new Jacob
pimp.gif

Pretty cool if true
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

you dudes are getting lazy

The white background could be a very big clue.

Jacob set the agenda for the Island for a long time. His premise was that mankind is capable of following a righteous path, if it was under the direction of ahigher being. He believed mankind needed 'faith in a higher purpose' to stop society's perchance for violence and war. That a common bond to'God' was necessary. So Jacob allowed mankind to come to the island to prove this. The result however was an endless cycle of missery for those whocame to the island. A dark cloud which needed to be removed.

1845 - Black Rock lands on the Island. That year is significant. The Enlightenment Movement was 100 years old and the start of the second Industrial Revolutionwas taking place. Science and reason were replacing faith and religion as the source of authority. Esau ( the man in black and the possessor of Locke'sbody) isn't keen on Jacob's belief than mankind needs faith. Instead, Esau believes mankind needs science and reason. And he intends to prove it aswell.

Esau allows man to used science to explore the properties of the island via the Dharma Initiative( Magna Hanso was on the Black Rock). Esau used Locke andBen's faith to kill Jacob. This releases the dark cloud over the island and opens it to the light. Hense the white backgound.

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]Or maybe Jacob battles Smokey for supremacy of Locke's body.[/color]
pimp.gif

im pretty sure that Lapidus is going to be groomed to become the next "jacob"

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Pretty cool if true
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

you dudes are getting lazy

roll.gif

roll.gif

Come on now ... I post that an people point it out... and everything someone else said that has been said 100 times nobody says a thing about

But when I mention i was the first one to post a theory LAST week about the smoke monster being John Locke... the only response was a week ago that said"thats boring"

roll.gif

LAME!
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ericberry14

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

im pretty sure that Lapidus is going to be groomed to become the next "jacob"
I remember Ilana talking about Lepidus being a candidate, but I don't know... I can't picture Lepidus being the new Jacob. I'd preferLocke (the real one). But hey, you never know
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom