Lovecraft Country | Cancelled By HBO

Damn you guys definitely called it about George being Aticus' dad. I'm a man and can totally admit I was wrong and I kept missing the clues.

Other than that great episode, the show has deviated from the book in a major way now, and I can honestly say it's all for the better. Much more interested in the story that HBO is telling.

Last night was a great episode, was almost hoping we could get a watchmen cameo or something in Tulsa. That would've been a dope mashup.

This happened to a town called Rosewood in Florida. My pops is a history guy. We lived 30 -45 mins from where Rosewood was. He took me there when I was young. It was quite an emotional experience. That’s when you realize the hate/oppression is the foundation of this nation. That hate is inherited and passed on generation to generation. We were never meant to be nothing more than slaves.

Ruby and Montrose gotta get that self hatred out their hearts though. Ruby pissed me off last night talking down on Atticus like that. The man has his flaws but I wouldn't expect many people to cope well knowing that they'll likely be dead in due time in a world they can't grasp.

Man I didn't catch the body language of Tics grandpa but I was so happy for the actor that played him. I started watching dude on youtube years ago and to see where he is now is too dope. He was also in Charm City Kings so dude (Will Catlett) has had a huge weekend with HBO.

Idk how yall watch this heavy subject matter before bed.

I've been exposed to horror from an early age, and seen a plethora of disturbing images....but the scene with that old lady burning to death hit different, because that stuff actually happened. :smh:

Ruby and Montrose gotta get that self hatred out their hearts though. Ruby pissed me off last night talking down on Atticus like that. The man has his flaws but I wouldn't expect many people to cope well knowing that they'll likely be dead in due time in a world they can't grasp.
Imagine growing up in a project apartment in Chicago reading something like this

Idk how yall watch this heavy subject matter before bed.

I've been exposed to horror from an early age, and seen a plethora of disturbing images....but the scene with that old lady burning to death hit different, because that stuff actually happened. :smh:
Low key this is why the Black Horror genre is so gripping. These are sourced from real events and not just slasher gore for the sake of it being a scary movie. Introducing God fearing blacks to the racism mixed with magic is a new dimension.

How did Christina know to place that rune in Lancaster's office? Like how did she anticipate that he was gonna get ****** up and would need new parts?

How did Christina know to place that rune in Lancaster's office? Like how did she anticipate that he was gonna get ****ed up and would need new parts?
Mr 9 lives full of refurbished black parts. No telling how many times he's stitched himself up. The officers made the comment about snatching up another black body.

How did Christina know to place that rune in Lancaster's office? Like how did she anticipate that he was gonna get ****ed up and would need new parts?
She didn't know but knew he was in the constant practice of killing black ppl for parts.

She straight up told him she intended for him to die a bunch of deaths constantly instead of the one long agonizing death he found himself in. I figure at some point she planned to kill him and as his boys tried to put him back together he'd just keep dying over and over due to the rune.

The pushing of the true themes of this show through the storytelling is absolutely masterful. You're pulled in by the fantastic plot filled with magic and monsters, only to find out that it's furthering the discussion of racism, self hate, self love, childhood trauma, generational trauma, sexuality and on and on.

I seriously can't give this show enough kudos for approaching these subjects in such an engaging way. You find yourself lost in the action of the story, only to be hit with that "oh ****" moment when you remember the bigger, underlying issue being addressed.

Man I didn't catch the body language of Tics grandpa but I was so happy for the actor that played him. I started watching dude on youtube years ago and to see where he is now is too dope. He was also in Charm City Kings so dude (Will Catlett) has had a huge weekend with HBO.

Will is a good homie of mine, met him early when I first moved out to LA. We were part of the same church/men’s group together. But I’ve literally seen him make it out the mud to what he is today. He never went to acting school or took much acting classes, just made it out of pure determination and faith.

Will told me he was gonna be a movie star from day one and I never doubted my bro, mad proud of him!

Back
Top Bottom