Lowering the drinking age?

No way, most kids still don't know not to text and drive. so why would you legally put a drink in their hand?

keep it at 21 maybe by then they'll have some sense, which is doubtful due to all the alcohol related deaths.

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Originally Posted by DimSum9

I even think 21 is too old, some ppl just cant handle their liquor. 18 is too young, go to Canada if you want to drink legally.

laugh.gif
so what age is perfect?

lol I mean "21 is too young!" Idk, I just think its too close, some high schoolers kick it with college students. Thats easily influential on them.  speaking of alcohol, haven't touched it since Jan.

Originally Posted by JPioneer

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Look at us over here in Europe. We have problems with it?

Half Europe allows 16 yrs old to drink legally..

Yeah, I think hard liqour shouldn't be sold before 18.
Beer, wine etc. = from 16 years
Hard liqour = from 18 years

over here at least..

I agree with the separation of beer to hard liquor ages.

If we stopped making such a big deal about being able to drink we wouldn't have these problems. In Europe its ok to have a glass of wine with the family at dinner at young ages. They don't look at it like Americans do. We get all amped up to turn 21 so we can get wasted ever day. If people would start drinking earlier it would put less emphasis on it later in life. I think people would be more casual drinkers then binge drinkers.

I don't know if its possible but i stand by the "If you're old enough to fight and die for our country you should be old enough to drink" 18 everything (hard liquor and beer) and i think 16 for beer/wine in public but legal in own home.

Originally Posted by EstBeast

Look at us over here in Europe. We have problems with it?

Half Europe allows 16 yrs old to drink legally..

Yeah, I think hard liqour shouldn't be sold before 18.
In Europe we are allowed to drink light alocoholic drinks at the age of 16, and hard liqour at 18. BUT.....We don't get to drive untill the age of 18. I think if you allow teens to drive and drink at a young age it will take some more lives.

18 for beer, wine etc
20 for hard liquor
Thats the way it is here in Europe, atleast in Norway.

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

18 for beer, wine etc
20 for hard liquor

thats pretty good but I mean you can still get wasted off beer and wine.

Originally Posted by DimSum9

Originally Posted by tooeasy891

18 for beer, wine etc
20 for hard liquor

thats pretty good but I mean you can still get wasted off beer and wine.

Yeah but not OD that easy.

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

If it happened (doubtful it ever will) there would probably be a sharp spike in alcohol-related deaths for several years followed by a long-term gradual decrease to levels notably lower than before.

my biggest concern...

in Georgia (the state) i think you can drink in the house w/your parents at 16 or 18 but they can't serve it to children who aren't theirs...

Might as well make it 18, if young people want to drink they are going to regardless of whether or not it is legal.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If anything, they should raise the limit.

We Americans have no self control.
i 100% agree with you they should raise the age limit to 25. 

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Honest Abe Lives

If it happened (doubtful it ever will) there would probably be a sharp spike in alcohol-related deaths for several years followed by a long-term gradual decrease to levels notably lower than before.

my biggest concern...

in Georgia (the state) i think you can drink in the house w/your parents at 16 or 18 but they can't serve it to children who aren't theirs...
In Texas, if you are with your parents anywhere that allows alcohol, they can buy it for you. I used to drink with my dad at restaurants and stuff all the time before I was 21.

you should be allowed to drink at 18. They feel you're mature/old enough to learn about and how to shoot random assault rifles and grenades THEN ship you off to go fight at 18(17 if your parents sign papers allowing you) then why not allow you to drink a beer #kanyeshrug

Most American 18 year olds won't be able to handle such a freedom there will be a increase in drunk driving accidents and in alcoholism.

At 18 you are eligible to enlist. Go die, and witness some horrific stuff , but not drink? Never understood that logic....

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

If anything, they should raise the limit.

We Americans have no self control.
i 100% agree with you they should raise the age limit to 25. 

i agree b/c 

1) im 25

2) drinking was fun only up until 21 

Originally Posted by ElCubanoDel510

At 18 you are eligible to enlist. Go die, and witness some horrific stuff , but not drink? Never understood that logic....

me neither but I'm 21+ anyway so.
grin.gif

I say 19 maybe 20.... 21 is too old, 18 may be too young... At 19-20 you basically you have 1 year of experience at college.. That should be fine...

My biggest thing about it that would make me consider 18 is what my dad always states if you are old enough to go to war and get your head blown off, you should be old enough to have a few drinks if you want.

when it comes to alcohol It doesn't matter what the drinking age is. you have thirty+ yr olds that are just as irresponsible as 18 yr olds.

If I can go to war and get my head blown off at the age of 18 then I think I should be able to have a drink legally.

18 is ok...naaah..as long as there are older dumb $@#@! who buy it for them anyway.. it does not really make a difference.  
tired.gif

you can die for your country and go to war at age 18 but you can't go to the liquor store when your back from your tour to get a 40, aint that some bullcrap.

i'm over 21 so i could care less either way but i was drinking like a fish prior to being 21 and never saw nothing wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom