LRG

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

Originally Posted by POSITE FIEND

when was it a hot brand in the first place?

let it die.......

indifferent.gif
seriously?

dead serious.

the ONLY shirt that was OKAY back in the day was the hustle trees shirt, and i still couldnt bring myself to cop. LRG was never hot around here, i saw a few bammas wearin it, but thats why they were bammas... i seen lames rockin the dead serious hoodies lookin like douche bigalow's, and even the jason hoodies, i never saw anything from LRG that caught my eye like "THATS HOT"

your from south VA, and im from north VA, and i really dont doubt it was hot down there, hell you guys rock man capri's to the clubs n stuff. you guys are like a whole nother state to us lol
mad.gif
WHOA, DISRESPECT! now im down for unity in va, seein that vaaint known for alot, but im from richmond and currently stay in northern va,so i seen both sides, and i can tell u that northern va aint that fresh, most pplwho THINK they are just bite off wateva is hot in dc, and stick out whenever they are actually in dc and get that same bamma title that you tried to throw onsouth va

Originally Posted by geminifly

I met Jonas and he's a really cool, humble dude, especially considering how successful he is. Like I said, I f with the jeans but the tees is
not popping out here in Miami.
2561683f2319f6ee5215b37b1f970c4bb9ab1e0e.jpg

His G-Shock is crazy in this one
pimp.gif

fb6262e3752dd118f1def3556363aae477de109b.jpg
dang what the hell is he wearin over his eyes?
tryna look like one of these fools
cyclops.jpg
geordie.jpg

might as well put one of these over ur eyes too ya damn foool
800px-Rear-view_mirror.jpg

razo_rg23_300mm_rear_view_mirror_convex.jpg

i like the more subtle LRG clothing... well thats how i like all my clothing... i dont wanna look like a big billboard... if its a nice hoody with a small treeon the chest i would buy it.. i cant see myself wearing a hoody with a big $*$ sneaker in the front with wings on it.. i give jonas props... you can tell bythe bags under his eyes to tell how much time a dudes spends on his company...

That was a nice interview. Correct me if my mind is skewed, but he said LRG had a positive message on the clothing and I don't see that on any of therecent releases. Just a LRG with nifty symbols, like everything else.

i used to mess wit lrg real heavy but stopped cuz they started puttin out some bs
but to this day if i see some nice lrg ill cop, rather its whats "hot" or not

LRG was fresh before, then started ubarnizing and turned straight garbage when Ben Barra joined the team.

I mess with LRG...thats all i wear other than Polo...as far as coming back to where it use to be i doubt it...im working on getting this jacket right now

Originally Posted by CHIARAVANOND

so many haters
word.
laugh.gif

yeah its true LRG isnt the same as before... but isnt that the point in growing? to become something new and different from what you were before but stillholding that same inspiration and drive to make the product you own and love?

alot of dudes are just hypebeasts but just dont want to admit to it.
because if you can honestly say these other streetwear brands out here are !$$#%+* with LRG, you need to go buy an LRG jacket and put it up to one of theseother brands jackets. quality is way different.

to the haters, im not saying you gotta like LRG, but dont hate on it. the dude jonas is one of the only streetwear dudes who is actually making it.
the only other brand i see up there with LRG is Crooks or maybe Artful Dodger. but alot of these dudes making these limited edition peices arent making banklike Jonas is...
... i wonder why...

im guessing because the fewer peices you make, the less money you make.
streetwear caters to the teenaged hypebeasts, and the adults who still wish they were teenage hypebeasts. lining up outside for a shirt, or a hat.
it seems to me that Jonas wants to stay out of that category. i agree with his statements in the video i posted.
id rather show my works to the world, and have millions of people wearing it, rather than have it catered to 10-20 people wearing it for the sake of"keeping it true to blah blah BS crap".

LRG was hot when they kept it simple.That was like over 4 years ago.Im talking back when Rocawear was still hot.But LRG although for a little while was puttingnothing out but garbage.Has always been some what different then alot of brands.Before street wear became so popular LRG was basically between street wear andurban.Unlike alot of brands form 02 LRG is still something id wear.

i'm not a hypbeast and I never liked LRG. But I agree mad haters on here hating because it's played out.

I like a few of their shirts. I copped the Hustle andGrow tee from Karmaloop a few months ago.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Rest of the clothing line is meh.

LRG is still coo in my book. although every other erb at uci wears it, i gotta give respect where its due. they've gone mad far since the OG days of onlyseeing their gear at small hip hop events.

LRG is staight, i'll still buy some tees. I believe everybody just jumped on the bandwagon for the hate on LRG.

I aint gon lie, when there was only a few people wearing it around my way it was cool. It was when everybody started wearing it that my taste for it dwindled.

But now since everybody is wearing Black Label, LRG is getting my interest back, just not these BS hoodies they are releasing

It has fallen off in the past couple of years. There were times where I liked their whole catalog but now it's usually one to two pieces that'll catchmy eye. If they revert back to the formula that made them successful then a lot more people would be drawn into the brand. Now it's just too loud andunoriginal. There's a lot of bashing on NT, most of it undeserved and without giving a reason why.

I'd proudly rock these:
J08117-BLKzoom1.jpg

J08112-BLKmd.jpg

J08103-BLKzoom1.jpg

H08117-BLKzoom1.jpg

Definitely a lot of closet hypebeasts in here. LRG never really fell off, it's just it got "too popular" so now its' not "cool" tomost of you. Man i can't stand hypebeasts and underground rap fans. They are ALL the same. Matter of fact, i gurantee majority of the hypebeasts ONLYlisten to hiphop music that is "underground."

i still mess with lrg. its all about the shops you go into. some shops out here have an lrg selection that is straight doo doo, others have fire, it all justdepends on the store. but yeah they do still keep it simple and they so have the stuff that is in left field. at the end of the day though they make reasonablypriced clothes that are good and creative. I've been searching for a plain grey hoodie since last winter and what brand did i end up copping, LRG becasuethey kept it simple

anyone know why the stopped putting the bill in their sweaters? I love those things. It was like one of their signatures you know?

I've been proudly rockin LRG since '01 till this very day. To me, they are certainly one of the pioneers in the business even before the"other" brands made a name for themselves (including the ones who eventually fell off). I absolutely dig their style and simplicity for the majorityof the products. LRG will remain strong and on top of their competition. In the business that they're in where you could be on top today and gone tomorrow,9 years definitely ain't no joke. Just ask Fubu or the other brands that tried to follow suit and ended up like Mervyns.

Oh, and here's my latest LRG purchase. Thought I'd share:

G08119-OLIzoom1.jpg

G08119-OLIzoom2.jpg

G08119-OLIzoom3.jpg

G08119-OLIzoom4.jpg

G08119-OLIzoom5.jpg

G08119-OLIzoom6.jpg

....ending up copping the other colorway below as well....
G08119-NVYzoom1.jpg

G08119-NVYzoom2.jpg

G08119-NVYzoom3.jpg

G08119-NVYzoom4.jpg

G08119-NVYzoom5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom