Ludacris Has The Most Forgettable Career Of Any Successful Rapper: True or False

Originally Posted by dgk3188

he's got Method Man syndrome.

dope MC! kills features, etc.

but when it comes time to make an album...they fail horribly. (with the exception of Tical of course)
Agreed

on a side note

Child of the Night is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by areyouin729

truth be told, i'd rather be forgetable then memorable and have no money like some artists

I honestly feel the exact opposite way.

I mean, of course I don't want to be super broke...but, still...

Luda is one of my favorites own all his CD's but when your coming off better on other peoples songs then your own there is a problem

back for the first time and word of mouf are the only albums i have of his..dont really like any of his other stuff

this is prolly true, funny this topic came up, i popped in word of mouth yesterday, knew every word to the cd and i havent heard it since the 7th or 8th grade

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

... and its mostly impart to do with his albums always leaving listeners wanting more. Son will mostly only be remembered for his singles and guest verses, his albums never seems to get any burn and he's never seriously mentioned with other cats like 50, Young Jeezy, Lupe, T.I. or Wayne who are bascially the poster boys of this current generation. Luda definitely made an impact on hip-hop--sold close to 10 Million records & DTP but i really don't think he has much of a legacy in hip-hop. He's definitely one of the best lyricists to come out the south thats without question by why does it seem his music never has that stark appeal compared to a Jeezy or T.I. or Clipse where fans are just anticipating his albums like crazy.

Come now now he's better than Jeezy,T.I, & Clipse. None of those cats albums have any replay value except for Trap Muzik

He's like a Mitch Richmond... Had a hell of a career but unless you're an avid follower of the game you'll never give him the respect he deserved
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

So where's dude gotta go to get his ring?

Originally Posted by mossman75

... and its mostly impart to do with his albums always leaving listeners wanting more. Son will mostly only be remembered for his singles and guest verses, his albums never seems to get any burn and he's never seriously mentioned with other cats like 50, Young Jeezy, Lupe, T.I. or Wayne who are bascially the poster boys of this current generation. Luda definitely made an impact on hip-hop--sold close to 10 Million records & DTP but i really don't think he has much of a legacy in hip-hop. He's definitely one of the best lyricists to come out the south thats without question by why does it seem his music never has that stark appeal compared to a Jeezy or T.I. or Clipse where fans are just anticipating his albums like crazy.

Come now now he's better than Jeezy,T.I, & Clipse. None of those cats albums have any replay value except for Trap Muzik

Thug Motivation 101, Lord Willin... no replay value.. i would disagree and i'd also disagree that he's better than T.I. or Pusha T. T.I. makesbetter overall music and has way more tracks with substantive value and Pusha is either equal or just a bit better lyrically.

its true, i was talking about favorite rappers with a coworker and i mentioned luda and he was like "name his top 5 songs that are great" and i waslike..............uhhh..........

its a shame, dudes an ill artist

Originally Posted by mossman75

False....i can still 2 this day pop n tm 101 and it go hard!

when it comes down to it I think we view him like this because he isn't a gangsta rapper and doesn't really try to be. Because of this people can'treally pigeon hole him into being anything. but I think he raps for the regular dude that likes to have fun. Everybody isn't a gangster or trying to savethe whales either

you know dude got crazy flow and can murk a beat with dope lyrics...but idk if dude will actually put out an album that displays his REAL talent...

I'd call it more of a Busta Rhyme syndrome.
Both are beasts, but since both are always clowning, ppl dont take them too seriously.

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

I'd call it more of a Busta Rhyme syndrome.
Both are beasts, but since both are always clowning, ppl dont take them too seriously.

Have u seen How High
laugh.gif

He's like Jim Carrey...amazing talent and mostly funny but it's hard to take him seriously sometimes. It's always hit or miss with him. A seriousmoment seems forced.

I completely forget about half the singles he comes out with because they all seem to have the same formula of silliness and nonsense. Too much animation...

when it comes down to it I think we view him like this because he isn't a gangsta rapper and doesn't really try to be. Because of this people can't really pigeon hole him into being anything. but I think he raps for the regular dude that likes to have fun. Everybody isn't a gangster or trying to save the whales either
A serious moment seems forced.

for real. when i saw the direction RT was going in, it threw me for a loop

Everyone knows hes cold but no one really supports dude like that. Mitch Richmond comparison is on point.

I'd rather listen to Redman than Luda. There is only room for one lyrical jester in the game.

idk... luda got some nice albums

i jam chicken n beer, back for first time, word of mouf and release therapy

Back
Top Bottom