Ludacris Has The Most Forgettable Career Of Any Successful Rapper: True or False

and luda still spit on that wack !@# beat
pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

He will most likely not be remembered in 20 years, but he's cool right now. I really can't look back and say "you know 'x' was a classictrack, or 'y' was a classic album" but there's still a lot about him to enjoy.

Luda has more money than a whole lot of cats in the game. Cats on here just to hard for Luda.

he was one of the best from the south he needs to drop again....and just have some more serious stuff...hell be remembered there...its the same thing witheminem we cant stand that pop crap they put out...but hey its what brings the money!

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i remember i stumbled upon this late night channel surfin some yearsago i was in tears when he told him to make a frog noise
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by dline59

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

pimp.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
i remember i stumbled upon this late night channel surfin some years ago i was in tears when he told him to make a frog noise
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

that is classic mtv
roll.gif

aiyo he kinda went off too
roll.gif

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i dont own any Ludacris albums, i never even bootlegged his albums. i just hear his stuff from radio or whatever. he does nice features. i dont rock with him like that. i know many who dont up north at least. dude is like a clown
my sentiments exactly.

Ehh... people can say what they wanna say, but at the end of the day...

Luda will probably outflow your favorite rapper.
He's lyrically dope, and still was able to sell major records.
He has many memorable verses.
His first two albums were fire.
He's sold something like 15 mil albums in the US alone.
He has more number 1 Billboard 100 records than any rapper ever. (four to be exact)
He has the most top 10 Billboard 100 hits of any rapper ever.

In fact... these stats make him one of the most successful rappers EVER. The TI's and the Jeezy's that were mentioned will never have the success thathe has achieved.

I've enjoyed all of Luda's album's except Release Therapy...I just couldn't mess with it for some reason.

Word of Mouf was solid. I liked Chicken N Beer a lot. And Red Light District is a cool album.

luda = the black eminem... they both can rap but they both usually b talkin some ol goofy +!++ that dont nobody give a %%+$ about...

luda = the black eminem... they both can rap but they both usually b talkin some ol goofy +!++ that dont nobody give a %%+$ about...

Sorry Luda will never make a joint like this

The busta comparison was more on point

i understand how the eminem comparison comes up because they both have cartoonish/funny singles that are good but not the best they can do. The cartoonishsingles are the ones that got people to buy the albums. Luda is dope when he wants to be or when he is actually being serious

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

i understand how the eminem comparison comes up because they both have cartoonish/funny singles that are good but not the best they can do. The cartoonish singles are the ones that got people to buy the albums. Luda is dope when he wants to be or when he is actually being serious

exactly... but its so rare... i hope he sounds like a grown !+! man on his next lp... i need more %**% like slap...

I see where you're coming from but I completely disagree. Though, he hasn't provided any classic LP's, he's pretty consistent with his albums;one of thee most consistent if you ask me. His only album that lacks a bit of replay value is 'Red Light District'. Its not a bad album, but itisn't as good as the rest of em'. Back For The First Time, Word of Mouf, Chicken & Beer and Release Therapy are all great albums, which I stilllisten to till this day. His last one is one of his greatest effort to date.

He's one of the nicest MC's we have. Can't wait for his new album.

It's funny, he's not a terrible rapper but his songs and albums suck. He had some hit singles and got into acting and his guest appearances were nice.But musically his catalog is pretty wack. I saw Luda on law and order SVU and he's a pretty nice actor, better than anything he did musically. His guestappearances are decent, cause he's only tolerable for a verse and out.

I don't understand why everything has to be classic. Why can't we have music that IS good for right . When you automatically hold things to a certainstandard of having to be classic your gonna be dissapointed. You just have to either accept the music and enjoy it or reject it and don't listen to it.

TRUE!...idk he drops a CD its some alright songs then it just sits on iTunes and gets no play...lol...he has so much Potential I.E. War With God...all of hisintros are just CRAZY!...but his singles are just "funny" type records gets on my nerves man...these rappers get a formula and it works so they stickto it even though the fans sometimes want more...but pleaseeeee don't drop another "Moneymaker" as a first single

I think its true. When Luda spits something like "Slap" or his verse on that Nas remix he is good. When gets on that silly Eminem stuff, he fails.And Eminem is a whole 'nother subject in itself. But Luda still sells, so I guess its what money does to you.

Funny thing is I was having this conversation with a friend.

Luda's albums have gotten worse each time...his 1st was fire, his 2nd was dope....then it got worse, and worse. But more commercial success.

Like I have to admit, I don't take dude serious.
The line that comes to my head is when Pimp C said "If you a cartoon character on yo 1st album, you should be a cartoon character on yo last"
I swore he was dissin Luda,

When I heard #1 spot, I thought that record was hot...when I seen the video I was officially done with Luda.

I mean its sad, cuz dude can spit, I always said he is one of the few that can rap over ANY beat you throw at him (see the casio beat lol)

But his music has zero replay value....I tried to put some songs in my Mp3 player, and I came to Luda, only songs I put in was "Southern Hospitality,Saturda, Move, Fantasy and Roll Out"
Then I noticed that all those was singles....then I realized I skip them everytime.

Back
Top Bottom