Lunargrand

whoever said go down half a size in the loafter from the lunargrand was wrong. wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too snug if you have a wider foot.

DUDE...same thing happened to me! I bought penny loafer LGs in a half size smaller than my wingtip LGs. And they don't fit. Hopefully they'll accept my return because all sales are final with the 25% off sale.
That's strange. I went half-size down and I have wide foot. My loafers fits perfect width and length wise. 

This just goes to show that not everybody fits the same shoe the same way. It was such a hard call for me to choose a half size down. I wanted to try them on before ordering, but I couldn't find any penny loafer LGs in store in my area.

This just goes to show that not everybody fits the same shoe the same way. It was such a hard call for me to choose a half size down. I wanted to try them on before ordering, but I couldn't find any penny loafer LGs in store in my area.
What I did was ordered 2 pairs from Zappos to try on. Its free shipping (for me it takes 1 business day)...free return...and they are usually really good with putting money back into my account quickly. Problem solved for individuals with no easy access to trying them on beforehand. 

the loafers fit me almost perfectly except the instep...lengthwise and width is ok, the instep is killing me especially when i wear socks. perhaps i should try going the same size as the wingtips but am afraid that it will be too long

What I did was ordered 2 pairs from Zappos to try on. Its free shipping (for me it takes 1 business day)...free return...and they are usually really good with putting money back into my account quickly. Problem solved for individuals with no easy access to trying them on beforehand. 

That is actually a really good idea. I'll have to try that next time. But yeah, with this past purchase, I didn't have the luxury of time nor money to pull off a trick like that. I assumed that the sale was not going to last long. Plus my funds were low and I didn't think I had enough time to return the shoe and wait for Zappos to put the funds back in my account.

if it did hit outlets it's long gone. nice write up, im surprised at how much you sized down

Yeah, it's crazy that I had to go down 1.5 sizes. I remember when I first tried on LunarGrands in-store, the employee didn't inform me of the sizing discrepancy (or maybe she just wasn't aware), so it started with me asking to try on the 10.5, then 10, 9.5, and finally 9. I'm sure she was annoyed having to go back and forth, hah.

These look beautiful. I wore my pair to work quite a bit this spring/summer. They have gotten a little beat. Forgot how great they used to look. I'm probably going to have to pick up a new pair of Black Suedes up again or cop a pair of leather ones. 

Thanks, sir! I wish I would've doubled up on the black suedes because they're really nice, but I'll just have to take extra care of the ones I own. Speaking of leather, I'm thinking this will be my next LunarGrand purchase: http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/catalog/product.jsp?catId=100&productId=822992&productGroup=822988. Can't go wrong with all black.

Last edited:
the all black to me was the most underwhelming imo. very plain for a flashy shoe. the black was duller then the rest also.. don't know if everyone touched it or something

how many of you guys sized down on the lunargrand wingtips? Was reading reviews and people were saying they ran 1/2 size big?

how many of you guys sized down on the lunargrand wingtips? Was reading reviews and people were saying they ran 1/2 size big?
For me being a size 13 in most nikes I had no choice to go to a size 12 in lunargrands and they fit perfect.  I have a pair of size 13 lunargrands and with thick basketball socks they are still loose even with me pulling the laces as tight as they can go.  1/2 size is good but even a full size would work. 

Was at my local Cole Haan to try the long Wingtips on.

Prior to that, my favorite was the black, because you can't go wrong with black.

But after really getting a chance to look at the shoes, I really like the Port (burgundy) and Black Iris (blue) the most.  What sets this look apart aside from the kind of leather is the burnt accents they have on the toebox.  The camello colorway is great too.

Didn't buy a pair because I wouldn't pay over $200 for a shoe.  We'll see how long these sit.  I am entitled to a 25% discount because I work at the shopping center though.

I went a full size down from my TTS for Wingtip LGs. It's worth trying them on at a store if you can. Not everybody fits the same shoe the same way. Some go half a size down, some go a full size down.

Was at my local Cole Haan to try the long Wingtips on.

Prior to that, my favorite was the black, because you can't go wrong with black.

But after really getting a chance to look at the shoes, I really like the Port (burgundy) and Black Iris (blue) the most.  What sets this look apart aside from the kind of leather is the burnt accents they have on the toebox.  The camello colorway is great too.

Didn't buy a pair because I wouldn't pay over $200 for a shoe.  We'll see how long these sit.  I am entitled to a 25% discount because I work at the shopping center though.
thats pretty good, in the half a year ive been tracking i dont think ive seen any retail store sales go above 30%

Anyone catch the Cole Haan outlet e-mail saying 50% off? Not sure what styles are at the outlets.

Also, the new Longwings crease way more than the other previous versions. Any help with how to keep the from creasing?

Leather shoes are supposed to crease - this is normal.  The only way to prevent leather shoes from creasing is to a) leave them in the box and never wear them, or b) waddle around like a penguin.  Your feet bend while walking, so creasing is normal.  You can minimize the look and extent of the crease by doing the following:

1) buying the correct size (visit a local store and try them on first)

2) never wearing the shoes two days in a row (have multiple pairs of shoes in your rotation)

3) placing cedar shoe trees inside your shoes when not wearing them.

The only style of leather dress shoes that do not crease that I know of are made of shell cordovan calf-skin leather.  These look great and will last a long time, but will cost you $500-600/pair.

Anybody know where I can find these?

These are the Cole Haan Lunargrand Chukka x Fragment collab pair (not the friends and family one).

Anybody know where I can find these?

These are the Cole Haan Lunargrand Chukka x Fragment collab pair (not the friends and family one).
ebay.. and those are not fragment collabs, they are waterproof leather - released same time as the reflective leather chukkas and wingtips.

ebay.. and those are not fragment collabs, they are waterproof leather - released same time as the reflective leather chukkas and wingtips.
Oooh My bad. I found them on ebay already, but none of them are in my size, and the ones that I found on ebay all listed them as Cole Haan x Fragment Leather Chukkas.

Would you happen to know what their called? I found the suede chukkas but looking more for this polished leather kind.

Just saw this thread.

Do you really need to size down on the wingtips? I just bought my first pair off ebay for 130 shipped (some reason i cant find these shoes in Canada) and its a size 12. I wear a sz 11.5 - 12 in Nikes

Just saw this thread.

Do you really need to size down on the wingtips? I just bought my first pair off ebay for 130 shipped (some reason i cant find these shoes in Canada) and its a size 12. I wear a sz 11.5 - 12 in Nikes
Size at least .5 down IMO. The 12 is going to fit roomy for you.....

Just saw this thread.

Sounds like we wear the same size. In narrower Nikes, I wear a 12, most other I wear an 11.5...I have two pairs of Lunargrand wingtips in a 10.5 and they fit perfect but like some, because they're narrower, I wear an 11 in Lunargrand loafers. I hope it's not the case but I have a pretty good feeling the 12s are gonna be pretty big on you, I'd be surprised if they're not. :\

Just saw this thread.

If 11.5 or 12 is your TTS, these size 12 LunarGrands are most likely going to be too big for you. They would be equivalent to like a size 12.5-13 in Nikes.

Back
Top Bottom