Lupe debut's at # 15!!

[h1]Lupe Fiasco Debuts At #15, Chingy At #84[/h1]
lupecool2002.jpg
According to numbers released by Neilsen SoundScan, Chicago rapper Lupe Fiasco sold 144,079 copies of his sophomore album The Cool this week, debuting at #15 on the Billboard chart. While his 2006 debut album Food & Liquor debuted at #8 last September, it sold significantly less than The Cool, moving nearly 81,000 units after it was leaked months in advance.

St. Louis rapper Chingy's fourth album Hate It or Love It, his first on Def Jam since reuniting with Ludacris' Disturbing Tha Peace, also debuts at #84 this week after selling 31,517 copies. This is less than half the sales of his 2006 album Hoodstar, which sold just over 70,000 copies to debut at #8.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

chingy's career is officially over...

He shoulda never left DTP to begin with! this wouldnt be happening if he woulda just shut the %+%@ up!

How the hell does Chingy already have like 4 albums out? And why is he on Def Jam for crying out loud?

NT favorite Joe Buddens still waiting to release his second solo LP

I think 1 of the biggest reasons why did damn near doubled F&L is because he bad a better radio single this time, with Superstar! Hope he goes Plat, hedeserves it!

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I think 1 of the biggest reasons why did damn near doubled F&L is because he bad a better radio single this time, with Superstar! Hope he goes Plat, he deserves it!

its not that... his album leaked like 6 months early last time or some !#+*... what was it this time like 3 days? makes a big difference... when ur albumgets leaked like that ur first single becomes null and void...lol

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Nice job Lupe.

If Paris, Tokyo does well (which I think it will) he might be on his way to gold.
thats what i was sayin. It might be just radio friendly enough...

How yall want dude to do go and then go and d/l his album? Oh the irony.....

As for Chingy, i'm speechless

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I think 1 of the biggest reasons why did damn near doubled F&L is because he bad a better radio single this time, with Superstar! Hope he goes Plat, he deserves it!

its not that... his album leaked like 6 months early last time or some !#+*... what was it this time like 3 days? makes a big difference... when ur album gets leaked like that ur first single becomes null and void...lol

Great point! I completely forgot about that.

damn, Tical 30 has to be tha biggest Lupe fan on NT. he says he doesnt like Lupe but yet he still posts like crazy in all tha threads about him

144,079 is not bad. Common's Finding Forever had a #1 spot with 155,000 sold its first week.

Back
Top Bottom