Lupe debut's at # 15!!

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I think 1 of the biggest reasons why did damn near doubled F&L is because he bad a better radio single this time, with Superstar! Hope he goes Plat, he deserves it!
No way can I cosign this. I live in the bay and havent heard Superstar on the radio once. Plus since the song dropped I have gone on trips to LosAngeles and Arizona and its the same thing. No way is Superstar a better radio single than Kick Push. Not even close.

he wont go plat for the simple fact that he doesnt have a HUGE white fanbase. and not to mention the millions of ppl who downloaded the album. and the millionsof ppl who are calliing this album amazing and saying he should go plat, and yet they wont actually spend 10 bucks of their own to buy the album. I bought mycopy first day after class
pimp.gif
dude really should go plat

I got scared for a second. #15 is MAD deep for someone who sold 155,000 I want to see the other numbers than.

Originally Posted by B Rad Glockman

he wont go plat for the simple fact that he doesnt have a HUGE white fanbase. and not to mention the millions of ppl who downloaded the album. and the millions of ppl who are calliing this album amazing and saying he should go plat, and yet they wont actually spend 10 bucks of their own to buy the album. I bought my copy first day after class
pimp.gif
dude really should go plat
LOL you act like he has a HUGE black fan base. Im sure more white people bought the cd than black people did.

heres more numbers from the week. from hhg
Despite a strong debut, Mary J. Blige's new album "Growing Pains" was unable to bump Josh Groban's Christmas album "Noel" from the #1 spot. "Noel" sold another 757,000 copies this week while "Growing Pains" moved a more than respectable 629,000.

Alicia Keys had a great holiday week as well, seeing her sales jump up 62% from last week, selling another 473,800 units. Keys has hit the double platinum mark in just six weeks.

Jaheim's "The Making Of A Man" landed the #11 spot with 179,000 sold, while Lupe Fiasco came in just behind at #15, with "The Cool" selling 143,000 (his first album, Food & Liquor debuted at #8 last year selling more than 80,000 units.)
So far no reports of Fiasco protesting the numbers. Maybe Chingy should do the protesting this week, his album "Hate It Or Love It" debuted at #84 with 31,500 sold.

While Omarion stood by Chris Stokes this week, his album with Bow Wow "Face Off" experienced a 22% drop off, falling from #11 to #29 with 83,000 more units sold.

Overall sales were down 18% from the same week last year.

eek.gif
757,000 forgroban and 629,000 for Mary J
A. keys 2x plat already

lupe did alright for first week numbers

laugh.gif
@ chingy, lil bow wow and omarion

omarion could have sold more by himself

i havent even heard Lupe new album yet! But F&L was crazy!! yall heard Chingy on da wendy williams show getting dissed? lol

Originally Posted by Tical 30

#15? Damn Lupe sucks...

- Tical.

smh.gif
this clown tryna bait people...go somewhere..you think your offendingpeople but your not...issh is just mad annoying and is the opposite of Stan~ism

Chingy got exposed recently on the Wendy Williams show when Williams and her co-host were basically slanderizing Chingy. Chingy didn't do a damn thing,except laugh it off. Never cared for his style especially when he first came out.

Lupe on the other hand is dope. Dude is nice on the mic, and makes cool#*@# songs. I still need to cop Lupe's new one. I got his first one though.

No lie, I might need a late pass, but who is chingy? Did he do that song "I aint away but you can call" or "call me, im one call away" orsomething?

The Cool didn't sell more than F and L because of Superstar. IT sold because it dropped during Christmas lol. The biggest selling period of the year. Notsaying that 150k isn't a good sales total because its great. I thought he'd sell 80k again. I've yet to hear "Superstar" on my localradio station or even in a club. What kinda reception does it get from MTV and BET? They play that+*%! a lot?

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Maybe if 50,000 of his internet fans would have bought it....

I'd put money about 5% of dudes fans actually bought his album. The same ones who complain hip hop is dead and that Lupe is the greatest thing sincesliced bread will turn around and not support dude. The worst fanbase to have is the ones who are decent with a computer.

lupe doesn't suck.
Don't waste your time. Tical dedicates his life to hate on Lupe.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Those are good numbers, hopefully dude hits gold. And he actually did have a better commercial track this time around with 'Superstar' than 'KickPush'. I know people who never bothered with Lupe until 'Superstar' came out and they purchased it as well. It's good to see him gaining morefans.

^ayo..that interview i tried to send you...the file is just too big i think to send via email

^ayo..that interview i tried to send you...the file is just too big i think to send via email
Man that sucks. If you ever have free time, do you think its possible to upload it through yousendit?

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

Maybe if 50,000 of his internet fans would have bought it....

I'd put money about 5% of dudes fans actually bought his album. The same ones who complain hip hop is dead and that Lupe is the greatest thing since sliced bread will turn around and not support dude. The worst fanbase to have is the ones who are decent with a computer.

that's why i'm doing this straight acoustic banjo music. i'm seeing like $8 an album through koch and my fan base is crazy loyal. i'veonly seen like three dl links for my joint on bx.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Chingy got exposed recently on the Wendy Williams show when Williams and her co-host were basically slanderizing Chingy. Chingy didn't do a damn thing, except laugh it off. Never cared for his style especially when he first came out.

Lupe on the other hand is dope. Dude is nice on the mic, and makes cool#*@# songs. I still need to cop Lupe's new one. I got his first one though.

u have the audio or a link for that chingy interview????
and how the hell u gonna do koch numbers at DTP???

Back
Top Bottom