Lupe debut's at # 15!!

How did Jaheim do 180K???? Thats good for him, his album is NICE! Lupe didnt do too bad either, 150K is pretty good

How did Jaheim do 180K????

Exactly what I was thinking lol. That's great for him though. Lupe's numbers are decent but I was hoping they would be a little higher
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Good start for Lu. I wonder how much CRS will move in their first week when they come out.

700k-850k 1st week easy off of Pharrell alone probably and then you add Kanye?! w/e marketing scheme they think of or if they just come with great music iswhat will make this a very high selling album

smokin.gif

MJB gets props for dropping her last 2 albums during the Holiday season.... that equals garuanteed sales. Thats why most artists like to drop during the 4thqtr.... specifically a week or two before Xmas or Thanksgiving

Josh Groban wow son has sold upwards of 500K+ for 5 consecutive weeks now thats on some Mariah Carey/Whitney Houston during the 90's type sh.. dude hassold 2Mill in the month of December alone. Kevin Liles must be smiling everytime he sees that Nielsen report on his desk on Wednesday.

Lupe's #'s are great but don't be fooled those are highly inflated because of Holiday sales, possibility his album might go Gold but the first fewmonths of 08 are usually sluggish for album sales... thats the only downfall of dropping in the 4th qtr-- you gotta deal with very low sales during the 1stqtr.

700k-850k 1st week easy off of Pharrell alone probably and then you add Kanye?! w/e marketing scheme they think of or if they just come with great music is what will make this a very high selling album
Naw those #'s are highly unlikely i'd say 400-500K, they'd have to have a smash hit to achieve those numbers first week and the groupwill only sell on the strenght of Kanye's name alone.

Originally Posted by ldea

144,079 is not bad. Common's Finding Forever had a #1 spot with 155,000 sold its first week.

Those are good numbers coming out the gate these days. Not overwhelming for a cat on his second, and highly anticipated album, but nothing shabby by far.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

^ayo..that interview i tried to send you...the file is just too big i think to send via email
Man that sucks. If you ever have free time, do you think its possible to upload it through yousendit?

yeah imma try that today

good to hear. hopefully he keeps sellin. the cool gets better every time i listen to it. cant wait to see him in january!

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

I think 1 of the biggest reasons why did damn near doubled F&L is because he bad a better radio single this time, with Superstar! Hope he goes Plat, he deserves it!
No way can I cosign this. I live in the bay and havent heard Superstar on the radio once. Plus since the song dropped I have gone on trips to Los Angeles and Arizona and its the same thing. No way is Superstar a better radio single than Kick Push. Not even close.

They do play Superstar, I heard it 3 times yesterday between 6 and 10pm on 106 when I was coming home from work and running errands. It's not played asmuch as Kick Push once was but, it gets played though. Anyways, Lupe deserves to go gold with this album.
pimp.gif

I def. went out and copped the album. It was
pimp.gif

Unfortunately whether he goes gold or platinum or anything it'll all be coming to an lupEND.
tired.gif

I've been meaning to go cop this. I gotta pick up F&L too since I can't find my copy.But this is def. a good look for Lupe.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

How did Jaheim do 180K????
Exactly what I was thinking lol. That's great for him though. Lupe's numbers are decent but I was hoping they would be a little higher
ohwell.gif

Jaheim has a loyal fanbase. His R&B reminds older heads of what real music is and they'll continue to support him. Those are amazing numbers forsomeone who had little to no promotion. Lupe will be lucky to go gold. I purchased the album but I say this because torrents and file sharing programs are whyartists struggle with numbers.

Lupe said he expected to do abut 200,000 overall...so his numbers are alright....it'll get worse and worse each week tho

Back
Top Bottom