Lupe Fiasco's the Cool..... Album of the year.

the cool =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i had high hopes for this album
frown.gif
, hen when i listened to it it was just to dam boring imo dudes flow is terrible

Originally Posted by KeVeNMaYnE

frown.gif
, hen when i listened to it it was just to dam boring imo dudes flow is terrible

When stuff goes over your head I can see that happenin. How can you guys listen to Dumb it Down and not be wowed?

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

frown.gif

When stuff goes over your head I can see that happenin. How can you guys listen to Dumb it Down and not be wowed?
The album didnt go over my head, he has a lot of nice lines and everything. The problem is his flow is terrible on a good amount of tracks, i dontwanna hear him speed rap. A few too many songs sound the same. I think his whole concept failed, the streets, the cool....didnt work out right. Good idea butneeds some work. Album has a few bangers..Dumb It Down is great like was already said but he has too much filler and the album just sounds average.

Food & Liquor >>> The Cool

After some time with the album, I have to say The Cool > Food & Liquor.

Food & Liquor would have been absolutely amazing had it not leaked so early.

Graduation doesn't hold a birthday candle to The Cool... lyrically it's light years ahead of Graduation... that can't even be a debate

if you don't think so, it's simply that you don't understand what you're listening to, which then means you cannot make a statement such asGraduation is better than The Cool
laugh.gif

and i agree with the Dumb It Down & Put You On Game are better than ANY song on Graduation claim

frown.gif

c/s plus his production is
tired.gif

Graduation doesn't hold a birthday candle to The Cool... lyrically it's light years ahead of Graduation... that can't even be a debate

if you don't think so, it's simply that you don't understand what you're listening to, which then means you cannot make a statement such as Graduation is better than The Cool
dog dont even try me with that condescending talk. last emperors albums are liight years ahead of lupe lyrically, but no way in hell has he put analbum out better than lupe. it takes more than intricate lyrics to make a good album.

jesus lupe fans have to be the most arrogant pr**** ever.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by zokid

if you don't think so, it's simply that you don't understand what you're listening to, which then means you cannot make a statement such as Graduation is better than The Cool
laugh.gif

and i agree with the Dumb It Down & Put You On Game are better than ANY song on Graduation claim

Couldn't agree more, thats why I started this thread... just wanted to see where everyone is at with regards to new and old hip-hop. my favoritesong is "the Coolest" for me. but theres no doubt in my mind its was the best album of 2007, sorry Kanye.

R.I.P. Heath

Originally Posted by Skip2MyLou23

As much as I hate Lupe and how much people ride him here, I can't hate on the album. It speaks for itself. Anyone saying any album was better than this is deaf.

lupe had the second best cd of the year...

im not hating but blu's cd was better...

No doubt everyone has an opinion on the album, but most do agree it was album of the year for 2007. And thats high praise; there were alotta big name hip-hopalbum releases in 2007.

R.I.P. Heath

Originally Posted by theUisinthebuildin

graduation > the cool

the cool is a classic to me minus 3 tracks

exactly what songs from graduation makes kanye's album better than the cool?

by the way, i agree with the threadstarter
nerd.gif

the cool was a great album i wouldnt go as far as to say album of the year but it was close i really enjoyed eardrum, desire and finding forever and i have toagree with homie up there when he said jesus price superstar. like honestly all albums i mentioned including graduation, ag, and big doe rehab were all goodfor HIP-HOP. all thats missing is the crs album but with all the hype and anticipation i wouldnt be suprised if its a disappointing album
grin.gif

it took me a while to get into the Cool and i really like it but im not gonna sit here and decipher every song's meaning. i dont need to hear all this"it goes over your head" talk either. i dont get the wow effect yall get with songs like dumb it down. i like it a notch above graduation though,just a notch

hes not as nice as most ppl on here say he is i copped the album about a month ago only like 2 songs on it and album wise i think fabolous album is way betterjust my opinion

It was the best album, but for a lot of people that i talk to there is no middle ground with lupe, it love or hate...

I hate this album.

The only tracks I can listen to are Superstar(
pimp.gif
), Gold Watch(
grin.gif
), HH saved my life(
eek.gif
), Intruder Alert(
embarassed.gif
), Streets on Fire, Little Weapon(
pimp.gif
eek.gif
).

Everything else hurts my ears. His flow is so disgusting, the production so doodoo, the way he approaches his subject matter so corny...
smh.gif
smh.gif

I used to have Lupe at the top of my list. I thought he was the future of Hip-Hop after F&L and his classic mixtapes. Not no more.

How can y'all stand to listen to joints like Go Go Gadget Flow (
alien.gif
raising a gerbil?),Fighters(
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
), Go Baby (
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
)? They are unlistenable to me. With joints like that ain't no way this is AOTY.

The overall sound and vibe of this album is just wack to me. I gave it about 4/5 good listens to make sure I was giving it a fair shot but I will never bumpthis album again....EVER.

I hate this album.

The only tracks I can listen to are Superstar(
pimp.gif
), Gold Watch(
grin.gif
), HH saved my life(
eek.gif
), Intruder Alert(
embarassed.gif
), Streets on Fire, Little Weapon(
pimp.gif
eek.gif
).
The emoticons there suggest that you kinda liked this album. And I have no idea how you can call the production on this album "doodoo"or whatever. Sountrakk murked on this
6cf15fedd8a62fb96154679e1410f237b06f077.gif

Back
Top Bottom