M.I.A. is officially the best person to see in concert

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by johngotty

Roots =
smokin.gif

pimp.gif
Seeing them at UCLA this month...

But damn some of you need to calm down with the Best Live Artist out talk about MIA and The Roots...The Roots are the best live hip-hop act from what i've heard but best of all genres??? Step up your live music game theres about 5-10 bands that can claim that role...

EDIT - Just because i know someone might try and discredit this claim...i'll back up my argument...here are the 10 Bands who can claim role as Best Live Band...

Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Muse
U2
Rage Against The Machine
My Morning Jacket
Flaming Lips
White Stripes
Dave Matthews Band
Nine Inch Nails

I never said they were the best, I was just saying that they give a great live show. I don't think anyone on here has said that yet...I've seen 9/12 of the bands you mentioned(had to edit cuz you did
laugh.gif
), and yes they all give great shows as well.

i know you weren't the one who said "OFFICIALLY THE BEST PERSON TO SEE IN CONCERT"
laugh.gif
but you did say you haven't seen a concert til you've seen the rootslive...but who cares that's dope which ones have you seen off the list? I'm catchin MMJ, Radiohead, NIN this summer for the first time as well as PearlJam and DMB again...can't $*%#*%! wait

yo, when she came down to miami, it was AMAZING, she goes in on her songs...and the atmosphere was off the chain, everyone was dancing nonstop to her songs.she is one of my fav's to see in concert.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Roots =
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

But damn some of you need to calm down with the Best Live Artist out talk about MIA and The Roots...The Roots are the best live hip-hop act from what i've heard but best of all genres??? Step up your live music game theres about 5-10 bands that can claim that role...

EDIT - Just because i know someone might try and discredit this claim...i'll back up my argument...here are the 10 Bands who can claim role as Best Live Band...

Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Muse
U2
Rage Against The Machine
My Morning Jacket
Flaming Lips
White Stripes
Dave Matthews Band
Nine Inch Nails

I never said they were the best, I was just saying that they give a great live show. I don't think anyone on here has said that yet...I've seen 9/12 of the bands you mentioned(had to edit cuz you did
laugh.gif

i know you weren't the one who said "OFFICIALLY THE BEST PERSON TO SEE IN CONCERT"
laugh.gif
but you did say you haven't seen a concert til you've seen the roots live...but who cares that's dope which ones have you seen off the list? I'm catchin MMJ, Radiohead, NIN this summer for the first time as well as Pearl Jam and DMB again...can't $*%#*%! wait

Yea I did say that...didn't mean to open the floodgates
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I haven't seen the Flaming Lips, Dave Matthews (I should've seen them by now...), and MMJ. I keep hearing I need to see MMJ. Let me know how thatconcert is.

Roots =
smokin.gif

pimp.gif

Pearl Jam
Radiohead
Muse
U2
Rage Against The Machine
My Morning Jacket
Flaming Lips
White Stripes
Dave Matthews Band
Nine Inch Nails

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
but you did say you haven't seen a concert til you've seen the roots live...but who cares that's dope which ones have you seen off the list? I'm catchin MMJ, Radiohead, NIN this summer for the first time as well as Pearl Jam and DMB again...can't $*%#*%! wait

Yea I did say that...didn't mean to open the floodgates
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

I haven't seen the Flaming Lips, Dave Matthews (I should've seen them by now...), and MMJ. I keep hearing I need to see MMJ. Let me know how that concert is.

yeah they're playing one of my favorite venues down here so it should be
pimp.gif
I think The Black Keys might be opening as well...

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
"Where is my mind?"

M.I.A
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PcByRdGaNg51BiX

With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head'll collapse when there's nothing in it
And you'll ask yourself
"Where is my mind?"

M.I.A
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

That's my favorite song on the album!!! That thing KNOCKS in the car!!

I saw Maya again last night and she wrecked it. She's not the best to see live, but it's always great fun.

i'm sorry, but
indifferent.gif

I've heard she's good but BEST? OFFICIAL?

Go to Bonnaroo and check out Pearl Jam! 2 1/2 hours you will be
eek.gif
Pearl Jam is THE best live band in the world at this point in time...

Pearl Jam? Maybe 12 years ago. And Bonnaroo isn't what it used to be, not even close.

I saw her last Friday, absolutely incredible show.

The energy she brings is crazy, bringing up the floor for a few songs.

The opening acts were great too, especially Let's Go To War. Came out and got the crowd hyped right at the start of the show.

Last week was amazing, Glow In The Dark on Monday and M.I.A. on Friday.

The Roots x House of Blues = Once in a lifetime experience.

And for the record, The Roots are considered top 20 live performances in the World.

..But yeah, I have to see Bamboo Banga in person.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

i'm sorry, but
indifferent.gif

I've heard she's good but BEST? OFFICIAL?

Go to Bonnaroo and check out Pearl Jam! 2 1/2 hours you will be
eek.gif
Pearl Jam is THE best live band in the world at this point in time...

Pearl Jam? Maybe 12 years ago. And Bonnaroo isn't what it used to be, not even close.

naw. Pearl Jam RIPS it still check out Immagine In Cornice...

And Bonnaroo not being what it used to be? You into jam bands? 08 Bonnaroo>Any festival of the 21st century-Coachella '06

I take it you missed Lupes show at SOB's.
laugh.gif
. Anyways, excuse my ignorance but who's M.I.A? I heard of her but never heard her music. Anyrecommendations?

How can you make a list and not include Iron Maiden. They are one of the top groups to go see. They are better live than more than half those groupsmentioned. Even people who arent fans go check them out and they get hooked.

Back
Top Bottom